Elhazel 3-5-2 Goal Machine (Goal Exploit)

elhazel

Reaction score
"The best form of defending is attacking" - Roberto Carlos

Firstly, don't mind my grammar. English isn't my native language. :)

This formation tested on FM 13 version 13.3.3 with Southampton.

Plus:
- GOALS FRENZY
- High ball possession rate (up to 60% - 70% ball possession)
- Terrifying amount of Shots, On Targets, and Clear Cut Chance
- High Pass Completion stats (up to 85%)

Minus:
- A little vulnerable through wide attack, or against team that have world-class winger or wide midfielder. A match could be ended with high score like 5-3, or 4-2 (which is i don't mind, because i'm satisfied enough with win and attempts on attacks)
You can still use this tactic, make some tweaks, or you can use another tactic to prevent this vulnerability. Your call.

- Since this is an attacking formation with high pressure, maybe this tactic doesn't work well with small teams. Let's say it, team like Forest Green, Huddersfield, Doncaster Rovers, Hull City against Manchester City, Chelsea, Barcelona, PSG, etc.
Talk about sense, it's like you launch full-scale attack against bigger bully using plastic spoon. Maybe it'll work better against not-so-far stronger team, same level team, and weaker team.

Formation: 3-5-2 Fluid Attacking
View attachment 375285

Note: * = if the player have those PPMs, that would be better

- GK (defense): nothing particular

- CD left (cover): heading, marking, acceleration, pace, tackling, positioning
- CD (defend): heading, jump, composure, positioning, strength, marking, tackling *marks opponent tightly
- CD right (cover): heading, marking, acceleration, pace, tackling, positioning

- BWM (defense): heading, tackling, work rate, stamina, strength *short simple pass, shoot from distance, shoot with power
- DLP (support) : passing, flair, creativity, teamwork, stamina (defending ability is great bonus) *dictate tempo, tries killer balls often, tries long pass

- IF left (attack): preferably right-footed, acceleration, pace, dribbling, off the ball, teamwork, passing (finishing+composure is great bonus) *tries killer balls often, cuts inside, plays one-twos
- IF right (attack): preferably left-footed, acceleration, pace, dribbling, off the ball, teamwork, passing (finishing+composure is great bonus) *tries killer balls often, cuts inside, plays one-twos
- AP (support): passing, flair, creativity, first touch, off the ball, teamwork (finishing+composure is great bonus) *tries killer balls often, plays one-twos, gets forward whenever possible

- Poacher (attack): finishing, composure, first touch, off the ball, acceleration, pace, agility *moves into channels, comes deep to get ball
- Poacher (attack): finishing, composure, first touch, off the ball, acceleration, pace, agility *moves into channels, comes deep to get ball

Taking Advantage From Set Piece

Attacking Corner Settings:
- Set your Corner kickers with those with highest "Corner" ability.
- Aim your corner to Near Post
- Set your player with best "Header + Jump" ability & significant body height into Near Post

Here's the rest of settings:
View attachment 375187

Attacking Free Kick Settings:
- Set your free kick taker with those with highest "Free Kick Taking" ability.
- Aim at Best Header
- Set your player with best "Header + Jump" ability & significant body height into Near Post

View attachment 375188

Attacking Throw-In Settings:
- Set your thrower with those with highest "Long Throws" ability + Possess Long Flat Throw PPM.
- Aim your throw to Long

View attachment 375189

Here's some screen shots:

Look at those statistics!
View attachment 375190

View attachment 375235

Player Statistics vs Ajax (Champions League)
View attachment 375191

Shot Statistics vs Ajax
View attachment 375236

Pass Statistics vs Ajax
View attachment 375192

Action Zone Vs Ajax
View attachment 375237

Statistics vs Chelsea
View attachment 375193

Player Ratings vs Chelsea
View attachment 375233

Player statistics vs Chelsea
View attachment 375234

Match Statistics vs Aston Villa (i used my reserve team)
View attachment 375269

Player Ratings vs Aston Villa (i used my reserve team, Aston Villa full team with Torres & Demba Ba)
View attachment 375270

Player Statistics vs Aston Villa (i used my reserve team)
View attachment 375271

Pass Statistics vs Aston Villa
View attachment 375274

Shoot Statistics vs Aston Villa
View attachment 375276

Formation vs 4-5-1 (Aston Villa)
View attachment 375279

DOWNLOAD LINK:

Elhazel 3-5-2 Goal Machine.tac

Any review and testimonial about my tactic will greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Hi, some very good results but your Southampton side is a very good side. How did your tactic fair from the beginning of your save ?

You play in the season 2017- 2018. You prolly have the best players available in that year. Try it out in the 12- 13 season first :)

Hi, some very good results but your Southampton side is a very good side. How did your tactic fair from the beginning of your save ?

Hi, thanks for your reply.
This is a screenshot match vs chelsea. If you look at it, Chelsea players seems stronger than mine.. :)

View attachment 375230

Luckily, i have one regen CD named Shannon Conlon who have 20 on heading and 20 on jumping. He's on his prime (age 25). He scores almost on every corner attempt.
That's why i'm also gave set piece guide above :)

Last edited:
You play in the season 2017- 2018. You prolly have the best players available in that year. Try it out in the 12- 13 season first :)

I haven't tried it yet with another team, but some people tried this tactic, and there's their testimonial.
(in Bahasa, i'll translate it into English)

View attachment 375231

Doddy:
"I'm using Tottenham. Home against West Ham won 4-1, Lennon hattrick"
"Away against swansea won 2-0, and this formation isn't fluid yet with my team"
"I think this formation needs 3 good CD and a good GK"
"Tactic Rating: 8,5"

Aditya:
"I have one player that pass rate is 100% #possession

Andito
"I've immediately tried it using PSG and won 7-1 against Leverkusen. Nice tactic!

You can give a screenshot of the window training?

You can give a screenshot of the window training?

and alson a screen shout of ur training and match prep plz

I don't think you will learn anything from it. If he used a specific training approach, then it's to suit HIS specific players and the match prep can only be show for the coming game, not how he has reasoned for previous matches.

The reason I bring this up is because in every tactic thread, there are atleats 5 people asking about it and it seems that they( not hou in specific) think it has something to do with the tactic

Last edited:
I don't think you will learn anything from it. If he used a specific training approach, then it's to suit HIS specific players and the match prep can only be show for the coming game, not how he has reasoned for previous matches.

The reason I bring this up is because in every tactic thread, there are atleats 5 people asking about it and it seems that they( not hou in specific) think it has something to do with the tactic

Thanks for your moderation. You're the legend afterall! :D

do you think that the tactic will work with a underdog? i think that i will give it a try with portsmouth...

I would ask statistics of soccer player (screens)

Like this? View attachment 375247

do you think that the tactic will work with a underdog? i think that i will give it a try with portsmouth...

I haven't tried it yet. That's why i need some helps from people to try this formation, and give me some feedbacks to discover any vulnerabilities and weaknesses of my tactic..

If you want to try it with your Portsmouth, any kind of feedback would be gratefully needed :)

Last edited:
I think I'll try this tactic with viitorul constanta :D