Emirates Cup 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter *Jamess*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 8K
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow full house stadium. !!

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

fair assessment ?

ramsey is better at the no.10 role (or the AMC position) ahead of nasri, if cese leaves.

1-0 Arsenal HT.

Good Rosicky free-kick allows an unmarked Van Persie to nod in a goal.

We've dominated the possession but with the Red Bulls playing really deep it's been difficult for us to break them down, I'm not liking how difficult it's been tbh.

Been half-watching out of the corner of my eye. Has Rosicky been any good? Well-taken free kick and a couple of surges is all I've seen.

Been half-watching out of the corner of my eye. Has Rosicky been any good? Well-taken free kick and a couple of surges is all I've seen.

he makes good passes. much of like a playmaker style of player

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Benik afobe is playing well. nice runs form teh winger surging in the box.

I still think Rosicky can play a part. I've always really liked him from his Dortmund days, and he understands the complexities of the 'Cesc role' in a way no other player, not even Ramsey, does. Hopefully he can avoid injury and become a more than capable backup.

no silverwere again lol, sorry just had too.

AHAHAHAHA WHAT A FRESH JOKE

MY SIDES THEY ARE SPLITTING

SO FRESH AND ORIGINAL

I still think Rosicky can play a part. I've always really liked him from his Dortmund days, and he understands the complexities of the 'Cesc role' in a way no other player, not even Ramsey, does. Hopefully he can avoid injury and become a more than capable backup.

AHAHAHAHA WHAT A FRESH JOKE

MY SIDES THEY ARE SPLITTING

SO FRESH AND ORIGINAL

I know i shouldnt have but couldnt resist.

have to say rosicky impressed me and i hope he keeps it up also not bothered that we didn't win it

If we go by Pre Season then Internacional are better than AC Milan, and Middlesbrough are worst than Spennymoor FC.

Have to say though...

(WARNING my language might turn R rated)

IF Wenger doesn't *cking listen to me and buy Vertonghen/LB then there is genuinely no hope next season.

If he goes in trusting Traore/Squillaci/Koscielny then jesus may the 'Lord' have mercy on Arsenal's silverware hopes.

I'm not panicking, Wenger will sign again it's inevitable and he's a very smart man who as you all know I NEVER bash or slate or doubt.

But if he has placed some blind faith in Gibbs/Traore at LB then...Oh dear.

And if he thinks Squillaci/Koscielny/Djourou are title winners then...Oh dear.

*Sigh* This is the most negative I've sounded in a while, I wasn't surprised I was just disappointed. Mata+Kovacic+Campbell are all brilliant signings but I'm not hearing many LB's linked.

Cissokho+Vertonghen on top of ^ would make Arsenal genuine contenders but with the current squad as it stands they're not IMHO.

Not slating Wenger, just re iterating my disappointment, because I'm sure he will dip back in the market and buy some players.

I just prey he doesn't buy Jagielka/Overpriced English CB.

''In Arsene I trust''...

I wouldn't have guessed NYRB would have won it, even if it's just pre-season.

who's that Jamie? never heard of us linked with him i think.

Came sort of from the blue a few days ago, Dinamo Zagreb director said that Arsenal need to 'significantly up their offer' if they are going to get him.

''A few days ago I talked to my friends at Arsenal, they are very interested in him but I fear that soon he could be too expensive for them''

Paraphrased but that's the jist of what he said, he will probably cost 5 million despite making so little first team appearances.

He did come out yesterday and said something like ''of course their is room for manoeuvre on the price, I have great friends at Arsenal Football Club and we respect them very much.''

Sounds to me like it's very possible it could happen, reason his value will be overpriced is he made some first team apps at the back end of last season and fired a couple of goals in.

Looks like a real handful of a midfielder, would be nice to see AFC sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back