England Captain taken to hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Breaking News on Sky Sports News

England captain Rio Ferdinand has been taken to a hospital in Rustenburg. The problem seems to be something with his left leg, that is all that has been released for now.

Not good news if you ask me, Rio is a player we need 100% fit for this World Cup.

I disagree, I think Rio Ferdinand is overrated and I am glad he is injured. Hopefully now we won't concede as many without that liability at the back.

Ledley King for captain.

I disagree, I think Rio Ferdinand is overrated and I am glad he is injured. Hopefully now we won't concede as many without that liability at the back.

Ledley King for captain.

of course your entitled to your opinion although i have a feeling many people would disagree with you.

I disagree with Billy but this is good news.

Jamie Carragher for Captain.

of course your entitled to your opinion although i have a feeling many people would disagree with you.

I doubt it.

Everyone but United fans agrees that Rio Ferdinand hasn't been a world-class centre-half for a couple of years now. I think it's best for everyone if Rio retired from football, to be honest, to concentrate on his career in narcotics.

I'm not a fan of Ferdinand, and he's not a leader, but he's better than King and Carragher.
Although Carragher should be Liverpool captain, as well as King isn't a leader :)

Just hope its not the start of an injury jinx. Ledleys quality but his fitness will worry me.

See Capello you should of taken Dawson as well. Upson!!!! Joke.

Step-up John Terry.

No thank you, he has had his chance and messed it up, he is probs the most disliked guy in the England team. Then again, Stevie G hasn't been no where near his best this season just like Rio so the England captaincy doesnt really look good. Give the armband to Rooney i say if Rio doesnt make the first game.

Cap has said he wont be captain again i believe. Besides he would be starting.

Oh.

The I think the England captaincy pecking order should be (with Ferdinand as captain) :

1. Steven Gerrard
  2. Ledley King
  3. Wayne Rooney
  4. Jamie Carragher
  5. Frank Lampard ???
  6. David James
  7. John Terry

Something wrong in South Africa earlier today Jozy Altidore also suffered a injury in training his right ankle. So two key players could be out of the England USA game. One on each side. Ledley King will be more than capable of filling in. Lets pray that Fabio doesn't put Upson in for Rio if Rio gets injured. Phil Jagielka as a replacement anyone?

Link: BBC Sport

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Oh.

The I think the England captaincy pecking order should be (with Ferdinand as captain) :

1. Steven Gerrard
  2. Ledley King
  3. Wayne Rooney
  4. Jamie Carragher
  5. Frank Lampard ???
  6. David James
  7. John Terry

I doubt John Terry is on that list he would be placed at number 23 by Fabio

Rubbish! Gerrards had arguably his two best games this season in the friendlies - especially when he's been allowed to play off rooney or in the middle, not such a blow i don't think - he's definately over-rated and never should have been made captain anyway imo.

100% agree with Billy on this one.

No thank you, he has had his chance and messed it up, he is probs the most disliked guy in the England team. Then again, Stevie G hasn't been no where near his best this season just like Rio so the England captaincy doesnt really look good. Give the armband to Rooney i say if Rio doesnt make the first game.

Although that,I don't think Roo can lead the England line in the World Cup,not yet at least.

King looks like a formidable contender,so does Carragher and even Frank Lampard or David James at times.

Rooney is quite inexperienced at being captain.Even when Ferdinand's not available,he's not the captain of Manchester United,Giggs is,then Van der Sar and possibly Scholes if he starts.

Maybe in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.