England not ready yet!

Well, last night I'd have ripped your head off for bringing it up again.

Now, I agree. Yeah, Green made that big mistake but there were worse on that pitch. Heskey was good.

Rooney was non-existent. He offered nothing. His form has dropped dramatically since those injuries so it was only to be expected.

Lennon was ****. SWP was ****. Rooney was never really in the game. Ashley Cole never seemed to get the ball when he made the runs forward, mostly because of how SWP kept losing it on the left, so he wasn't in the game either really. Green shouldn't of made that mistake, no excuses, but made a decent save later.

Now some positives, Lampard and Gerrard finally seem to be gelling a bit more now, and Gerrard especially last night, was good and scored a nice goal. Heskey was brilliant, did his job time after time and layed the ball off for Gerrard's goal aswell, shame he couldnt convert that chance he had in the 1 on 1 situation, but overall he was very good. Glen Johnson was also great last night, nearly all the crosses he did were dangerous towards USA unlike the heap of **** balls from Lennon and SWP, and he turned the USA full back inside out at some points.

Turning point in my opinion going forward was when we took Milner off and brought SWP on. SWP brings nothing on the left wing, and Milner is a lot more capable there and has played there a few times this season for Villa whereas SWP has never played there this season for a long enough period of time to adapt. Although, I do agree that the substitution was a smart one as getting a red card could of lost us the game.

And finally, Pete Crouch, was absolute *****.

Rant over. ^^)

P.S - Looking at the crossing ability from us in that game, it's certainly going to be a long hard tournament without Beckham.

Lampard & Gerrard seemed to play better though I didn't really see Lampard.

Heskey was good.

But, don't get me started on Milner and SWP.

Crouch was on for about ten minutes, so he didn't really have enough time to make an impact. I'd reserve judgement on him until the next game.

Apart from that, I agree with everything else. The wingers just weren't in the game, and neither was Rooney - until the 80th minute when he realised we weren't winning. I would say it is a case of our players being **** too, because the USA never really threatened us and they didn't even deserve to get a point.

We need to seriously think about it before facing Algeria too. If the game today ends up in a win for either side, we are in trouble.

wow one disappointed result and everyone is acting like its the end of the world. im not worried about todays game, because we should be looking to take 6 points anyway from the next two games which would see us top the group, and if we cant do that we shouldnt be here.

People are making too big a deal out of it. A draw with USA is not that bad a result. Yes we should have won and we would have if it wasn't for the mistake, which yes was a bad one, but surely better now than later on in the tournament?

Englands performance wasn't that bad, USA were always going to frustrate us, it was clearly their game plan, they executed it well. Plus there will always be nerves in the opening game in the WC from any team not just England.

We will still qualify from the group.

A poor game for England but if you remember 4 years ago Italy won the World Cup and they did it by drawing to USA in Italy's first game of the world cup in 2006, who knows it could repeat itself and England win the world cup.

Robert Green is a Legend.

It Isnt the end of the World, if we win both of our remaining game's we are pretty much certainly the group winners.

Also. It's better we made our goalkeeper howler in a game that wasn't as important as others. Imagine if that was the Semi's, Rob Green would have been killed.

It Isnt the end of the World, if we win both of our remaining game's we are pretty much certainly the group winners.

Also. It's better we made our goalkeeper howler in a game that wasn't as important as others. Imagine if that was the Semi's, Rob Green would have been killed.
So you agree then? ;)

I can't believe that England keep on conceding howlers, we can't afford to do them if we are going to win the World Cup. Rob Green was extremely unlucky, 9.999999/10 he would have stopped that, perhaps it was the ball, many keepers were complaining about it. England played very well in the second half, Emile Heskey was not that bad and Wayne Rooney had a couple of shots on goal. We deserved to win that match. I think we are ready to kick **** in the World Cup, as long as we win our group!

How can you say lennon was ****, most of the crosses was coming from the right wing. SWP was ****. We had our high points, gets on my **** when people just look at the negatives, fair enough if it was a loss but it wasn't, it was a draw from not even a good goal. And quit thinking your expert managers because you play a ******* game.

How can you say lennon was ****, most of the crosses was coming from the right wing. SWP was ****. We had our high points, gets on my **** when people just look at the negatives, fair enough if it was a loss but it wasn't, it was a draw from not even a good goal. And quit thinking your expert managers because you play a ******* game.
people are giving their opinions, like you are. and frankly not that many postives in that game

Last edited:

most of our crosses were coming from the right wing, but from johnson, not Lennon, Lennon didn't do anything al l game

rooney was invincible what game was u watching he is the most over-rated player in the history of the national team capello needs to pick players on form (crouch) not reputation (rooney) his record is shocking

We played decently last night, there was no finishing touch to any of our moves. Rooney didn't look like he would score, Crouch barely touched the ball, and I understand why he subbed Milner, but I thought it was way too early. We should have won, no question about that, but it's funny when you look back at the England v USA thread, people were predicting England to win 4-0 and so on. Instead of bringing Crouch on, he should have brought Defoe on, maybe his pace would have done the job against a less than mobile US backling.

I cannot believe I am about to say this.......Heskey was our best player last night.

rooney was invincible what game was u watching he is the most over-rated player in the history of the national team capello needs to pick players on form (crouch) not reputation (rooney) his record is shocking

Invisible?

Rooney played decent not horrible,but certainly he wasn't non-existent.It's the first game for England,and if Green didn't make that mistake i am sure nobody would moan so much.Heskey should have played full game,Crouch was bad.