England not ready yet!

I think England need to get behind their players, and give them a boost to find victory. Capello talks about how players pulling on the England jersey would be in fear of playing at Wembley, playing for the country, and it is in large part because there is no support when they fail!

If you play in fear of mistakes, you will make mistakes.

If you play without fear, you will perform at the highest level.

Before the tournament, I thought Hart was the better goalkeeping option. But since Capello has chosen Green, personally, I think it would be better for Capello and the entire country to get behind Green and say "I trust you, you had the balls to face the media after the game, and you have vowed to do better. I picked you as number one, you have made a mistake. You have the chance to prove the world you have learned a lesson."

Imagine how the players feel? **** the idea that "they are paid millions, they can handle our ****". They are paid millions because people like YOU and ME love to watch them succeed on the pitch. You should show your love for your country, have faith in Capello and consider yourselves privileged to call England home and honoured to watch your fellow country-men perform on the biggest stage.

Green, Johnson, Terry, King, A Cole, Lennon, Gerrard, Barry, J Cole, Heskey, Rooney would be my team to start against Algeria. <3 football
never a truer word said. england fans like to somtimes think we are the bets fans in the world, but when things dont go our way we are so quick to stick the knife in.

I think we got plenty of crosses in, but a lot of them weren't good enough, also, although i obviously rate Rooney, who is clearly our best striker, he had a poor game, and doesn't seem to score too often in Capello's formation/system - towards the end of the game, there were way too many passes going sideways and backwards, as if we were satisfied with a 1-1 draw, nothing happened in the last 25 minutes and Lampard didn't do much for me, perhaps his natural instinct to get forward to support attacks was limited by the lack of Barry, who is key for me - hopefully we can recover with a thrashing of Algeria, and perhaps it was a little unfortunate that we had to play USA first with us not having a lot of momentum/confidence going into the game with a poor run-in to it vs Mexico, Japan, Platinum Stars etc. I think we'll pick ourselves up though, and hopefully accumulate a higher GD than USA and finish top.

COME ON ENGLAND!

Isn't this just a way to carry on the arguing over from the England v USA thread? :S

But I will add my 2 cents, yeah it was a poor performance, it's obvious to everyone who performed badly but it was only one game, we got a point, it could be worse, it's so stereotypically English to write yourself off after one game but it's still possible. I personally thought we would be so much better of with J. Cole and Beckham rather than SWP and Lennon but theres no chance of Beckham but hopefully J & A Cole can rip Algeria and Slovenia apart. There are many positives to this game, Gerrard and Lampard looked solid together for the first time in well forever and Heskey proved why he was playing alongside Rooney, if Rooney brought his A game him and Heskey would have linked up well. But just please don't play Green, he had to do 2 things all game, the first he completely fluffed and the second was an okay save not worthy of a repreival though. Hopefully Carragher should start from now on because King is just poor, he didn't even want to be there.. Oh and one last thing, give Joe Hart a go against the minnows!

P.s All the people saying USA are good were proven wrong by that game, they were horrific, no chance of them getting past the last 16 in fact I think they will struggle against Slovenia and possible Algeria.

Isn't this just a way to carry on the arguing over from the England v USA thread? :S

But I will add my 2 cents, yeah it was a poor performance, it's obvious to everyone who performed badly but it was only one game, we got a point, it could be worse, it's so stereotypically English to write yourself off after one game but it's still possible. I personally thought we would be so much better of with J. Cole and Beckham rather than SWP and Lennon but theres no chance of Beckham but hopefully J & A Cole can rip Algeria and Slovenia apart. There are many positives to this game, Gerrard and Lampard looked solid together for the first time in well forever and Heskey proved why he was playing alongside Rooney, if Rooney brought his A game him and Heskey would have linked up well. But just please don't play Green, he had to do 2 things all game, the first he completely fluffed and the second was an okay save not worthy of a repreival though. Hopefully Carragher should start from now on because King is just poor, he didn't even want to be there.. Oh and one last thing, give Joe Hart a go against the minnows!

P.s All the people saying USA are good were proven wrong by that game, they were horrific, no chance of them getting past the last 16 in fact I think they will struggle against Slovenia and possible Algeria.
he wont play hart. simply because to drop green after that would crush him. hes got back green to get over that mistake

he wont play hart. simply because to drop green after that would crush him. hes got back green to get over that mistake

Why does he have to back Green? This isn't Green's world cup this is England's, I promise you Green would offer to sit on the bench if it meant that England would get further. If it was me who did that I'd completely understand why the manager dropped me, there's no point sympathising because if it happens again it could be a lot worse.

Why does he have to back Green? This isn't Green's world cup this is England's, I promise you Green would offer to sit on the bench if it meant that England would get further. If it was me who did that I'd completely understand why the manager dropped me, there's no point sympathising because if it happens again it could be a lot worse.
and if it happens to hart? the point is, its a mistake that 99/100 times wouldnt happen. he knows hes made a mistake. dropping him just reinforces the mentality of "if you make the tiniest mistake you will be dropped" and the players end up playing in fear, something capello has been trying to stamp out. you give green the chane to bounce back from i bet next game you get a top class perfomance

To be honest, I Don't see why everyone's worrying.. I won the world cup with England on Football Manager without Rooney, We're gonna walk it.;)

On a serious Note,

We were dreadful, Not enough shooting, Passing was Rubbish, There was no Drive what's so ever. At Half time i thought, We're gonna go out there in the Second half, and cause USA problems, To be Honest, in the second half, i thought USA were the better side, and we kinda got Lucky with a draw. Green was **** in the first half, But in the second i think he repaid us with a great save. (still not forgiving him though) As Max said, I have a feeling that without Beckham, we shouldn't be crossing. Lennon, SWP And Milner was Terrible, as i can remember i can only think of Lennon having one run, SWP touching the ball once (And even then he clicked it out for a Goal Kick) And Milner got a Yellow card and got Subbed in the first half. On a Bright note, i though Heskey was Great. But overall, I'm Really disappoint in the way we played.

Lennon wasn't terrible, he couldn't cross for shizz, but his running were probably our highlights of the match.

Who really cares that we were bad, we got what we needed, which was a point against the second best team in our group.

only one game lads usa arent an easy team they played well against brazil not so long ago and spain so they have inproved green made one mistake but still a long ay to go dont forget the heat must be nasty to play in so dont be to harsh on them.

Over-reacting I think. Bar Green's error, England were pretty much in control of the game from start to finish. The USA are a good solid team and we pretty much nullified them.

Those who think Heskey played bad need to learn a bit more about player roles before slagging him off -- he did what he was asked and (bar the missed shot) did it well.

The biggest concern for me is that we play out the tournament with a central defence of Terry and Caragher -- far too slow.

This is pretty much the worst start you can have in a WC. I hate how our keepers always have these big mistakes. I rather see the young Joe Hart in goal, since he was fantastic for Birmingham this season. I didn't watch it, but I heard my father shouting a lot :p, including my mother who hates football. I hope the next two games we will win, it will be a great disappointment if we didn't get pass the group stages. CMON ENGLAND!

Croatia aren't doing much better are they...

Oh wait! ;)

I think you only have to look at the reaction of the press,media and Sky to last nights game to see why England will never win the World Cup again. Everytime were in a major tournement they cant wait to destroy us.

Croatia aren't doing much better are they...

Oh wait! ;)

I was just about to post that XD

....but one thing that did suprise me about the game is how well Heskey played. that guy must know how lucky he is to be there. My man of the match by far..

Capello is to blame.

The team was ****, and he maed substitutions at the wrong time.
Crouch should have been brought on much earlier.

But in general, the players are to blame. Gerrard and Terry had decent games, but Gerrard gave the ball away which lead to the goal. Heskey won a few headers, and should have scored and shouldn't play for England again, he's ****. That's not good enough for England.

Capello likes to close down opponents and not give them time on the ball, and I like this, but the players did this for the first few seconds of the game.

We didn't deserve to win the game. Capello for the sack.

Capello is to blame.

But in general, the players are to blame. Gerrard and Terry had decent games, but Gerrard gave the ball away which lead to the goal. Heskey won a few headers, and should have scored and shouldn't play for England again, he's ****. That's not good enough for England.

Capello likes to close down opponents and not give them time on the ball, and I like this, but the players did this for the first few seconds of the game.

Overreaction Much :O

Capello is to blame.

you just summed why people think most chelsea fans are idiots....

Capello is to blame.

Idiot. You want to sack the man that nearly lead us to Perfect Qualification after one performance. Also Heskey was one of our best players yesterday, all be it he should have scored but he got the assist for Gerrards goal.

Call yourself an England fan...XD