England not ready yet!

rooney was invincible what game was u watching he is the most over-rated player in the history of the national team capello needs to pick players on form (crouch) not reputation (rooney) his record is shocking
players on form, you mean rooney with 34 goals this season, 25 goals in 61 games for england, our top scorer ( and if i remember right THE top scorer) throughout world cup qualifying. yeah rooney has really just been picked on repuation....

The whole shape got ****** up when Milner came off. No need for two pacy wingers on either side, Rooney was ****, ithought Gerrard done alright

compare rooneys goal scoring record for england to crouches 25 goals in 61 games is terrible

I'm just glad Heskey has come out a bit, he was brilliant last night.. apart from his finishing, but that is what we expect from Heskey.

Lennon was only dangerous when he cut inside, his crosses were ****.

Glen Johnson however, wow, he also played brilliant!

We just got unlucky.. we'll still win our group

KEEP THE FAITH!

compare rooneys goal scoring record for england to crouches 25 goals in 61 games is terrible
i know crouches record. but rooney has proven he is a our best striker. thats not opinion, its fact.

fact based on what he hasnt scored in over half the games he has played

I'm just glad Heskey has come out a bit, he was brilliant last night.. apart from his finishing, but that is what we expect from Heskey.

Lennon was only dangerous when he cut inside, his crosses were ****.

Glen Johnson however, wow, he also played brilliant!

We just got unlucky.. we'll still win our group

KEEP THE FAITH!
i hope the heskey bashers have seen why some of back him. yes we all know he could do better in front goal, but its the other stuff he brings to the team thats so important. and we saw it last night. rooney was playing ahead of last night, instead of dropping deep like he normally does, which meant the supply to him had to very good or he'd be starved of the ball. the supply was poor he got starved.

Joe Hart FTW

Maybe switch to 4-5-1 with Gareth Barry as holding midfielder, that is what we lacked last night. Rooney has played upfront on his own nearly all season for United and if we get a dominant midfield, we should be able to ease into the knockouts now, the big question is whether Capello puts Barry in midfield now. Didn't even think the performance was bad considering it was first game, we could of done with Rio though, JT had a great game.

fact based on what he hasnt scored in over half the games he has played
its about more than just goals mate. i rate crouch, class player, but he is not better than rooney, and wouldnt start ahead of him

Joe Hart FTW

Maybe switch to 4-5-1 with Gareth Barry as holding midfielder, that is what we lacked last night. Rooney has played upfront on his own nearly all season for United and if we get a dominant midfield, we should be able to ease into the knockouts now, the big question is whether Capello puts Barry in midfield now. Didn't even think the performance was bad considering it was first game, we could of done with Rio though, JT had a great game.
i agree the to switch to 4-2-3-1 with barry back. rooney thrives on that lone role. i'd like to see cole start at aml as well linking with rooney and gerrard

yeah for a player of his talent everybody raves about him for man united which is fair enough but he is hardly a world beater for england not on the same level as a torres or a villa

Not for me, he drifts.
Also, he WON'T swap the GK, bet you that
you kidding he just had his best season in that role, and you need to run the channels as a lone striker, to create space and pull the defender for the attaking mid coming from deep i.e gerrard. of course he wont drop green, that would destroy him.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

yeah for a player of his talent everybody raves about him for man united which is fair enough but he is hardly a world beater for england not on the same level as a torres or a villa
no one said he is internationally as good villa or torres, but he is still up there. you came out with some drivel about him only being picked on reputation, which quite frankly is bollocks.

I see your point but when have any of the England players been World beaters for England, look at Gerrard and Lampard, they've hardly starred in recent times.

Personally, I think we should compare Rooney's record with Dave Nugent, he's got 1 in 1.

P.S Rooney only really became a proper out and out striker this season so 3 in 1 isn't that bad.

yeah i agree he needs to play up top on his own with either gerrard or lampard or even milner in behind then he would get the goals i beleive capello plays heskey for rooney to thrive but he dosent do so

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

thankyou

I think England need to get behind their players, and give them a boost to find victory. Capello talks about how players pulling on the England jersey would be in fear of playing at Wembley, playing for the country, and it is in large part because there is no support when they fail!

If you play in fear of mistakes, you will make mistakes.

If you play without fear, you will perform at the highest level.

Before the tournament, I thought Hart was the better goalkeeping option. But since Capello has chosen Green, personally, I think it would be better for Capello and the entire country to get behind Green and say "I trust you, you had the balls to face the media after the game, and you have vowed to do better. I picked you as number one, you have made a mistake. You have the chance to prove the world you have learned a lesson."

Imagine how the players feel? **** the idea that "they are paid millions, they can handle our ****". They are paid millions because people like YOU and ME love to watch them succeed on the pitch. You should show your love for your country, have faith in Capello and consider yourselves privileged to call England home and honoured to watch your fellow country-men perform on the biggest stage.

Green, Johnson, Terry, King, A Cole, Lennon, Gerrard, Barry, J Cole, Heskey, Rooney would be my team to start against Algeria. <3 football