England Provisional Squad for the World Cup

drop list
DEF: Upson, Warnock and Dawson/King (Cant decide)
MID: Wright-Phillips, Johnson, Huddlestone
ST: Heskey, Bent ( Bring in Zamora)

I'm disappointed that Carragher got in ahead of Neville. Neville brings a lot more than his footballing ability in to a squad.

Versatility was probably the deciding factor.

Can anyone give me the link of official news of this squad? :)

So We have only one RB, Hm. If Johnson gets injured then there is not a single player who is versatile to cover up RB. [I expect Jamie to be dropped from fianl 23]

Versatility was probably the deciding factor.
yeah thats what i thought, but i still would have taken neville

Last edited:
i can only hope Bobby was left out purely on fitness worries. i just can't believe that waster Heskey can even be considered, he's 3rd or even 4th choice at Villa. on the bright side, Downing isn't there.

So We have only one RB, Hm. If Johnson gets injured then there is not a single player who is versatile to cover up RB. [I expect Jamie to be dropped from fianl 23]
carragher isnt gonna get dropped

How did Heskey get in over Zamora or Carlton Cole?

no Young??? XD, Upson is a blind assmonkey, what a waste of a selection even now!
Heskey is super kak!!

Suprised he did not select Ben "Butter Fingers" Foster
Would much rather have Shawcross or Cahill in there instead of Upson!

Stephen Warnock, not the greatest of players, but England dont have anyone really besides Glen at Rb, also suprised at no Micah Richards there??

Scott Parker is a bit suspect

he is going as centreback and rb cover. king and dawson are centreback cover, and they both made it

carragher will definitely go, versatitily more than anything

no Young??? XD, Upson is a blind assmonkey, what a waste of a selection even now!
Heskey is super kak!!

Suprised he did not select Ben "Butter Fingers" Foster
Would much rather have Shawcross or Cahill in there instead of Upson!

Stephen Warnock, not the greatest of players, but England dont have anyone really besides Glen at Rb, also suprised at no Micah Richards there??

Scott Parker is a bit suspect
parker will be ace! he's like a slightly worse version of hargreaves ( pre injury). we lack that kind of player

Why would capello try convince carragher to reconsider his retirement to then drop him, that would be just stupid.

TBH he dont deserve spot. Dawson was much better than him and also King.

he's in as cover all over the back four, and wouldn't have come out of retirement to be dropped for the final squad.

Happy for Joe Hart. He deserves his chance, He has been the best english keeper this season by far.

I suspect that if something happens to Johnson mid tournament, Carragher will play vs the stronger sides at right back and Milner against the weaker teams. Asking Carragher out of international retirement just to leave him out of final 23 ain't gonna happen. I suspect the only reason Carragher agreed is because he was told if he was to come out of retirement then he is guaranteed a spot in final squad.

I'm happy for Johnson, but feel very sorry for Ashley Young. He's been exceptional for 3 years or so and still gets overlooked for a player who has done ok for 6 months, but went missing in the big games v Utd and v Spurs especially.

looking at that squard england have no chance what the **** dose capello see in heskey hes just a big lump of lard no zamora, am still standing by my pick brazil to win it

Last edited:
Almost on topic: Does anyone have any information on the 30-man squads of The Netherlands, France, Brazil etc?