England Provisional Squad for the World Cup

Whats Heskey got that Zamora hasn't!? And Carrick? He's past it, Maybe Capello got tired at that point.
read above for carrick. if you've watched carrick for england you'd see why he's important

As most people have said, I'd of preffered the likes of Jagielka, Carlton Cole and Zamora than, Upson, Heskey etc...

Decent squad though, can we get past the Quarters?

Haven't read any comments above, so apologies if these have been pointed out.

Matthew Upson.. seriously? No Neville either.
Where's Ashley Young? He's probably deserved a place in the squad, though he's greatly underrated.
Surprised to see no Zamora either, but then again he's not prolific enough as a striker. He's probably the most improved player of the Premier League season, but he's only got some 7 goals all season. Darren Bent's a wise choice, too.

And I thought Gareth Barry was set to miss the whole World Cup? Sorry if I'm wrong.

Zamora in for Heskey
King or Dawson in for Upson
And then undecided on who to drop for Neville.

Neville's probably been left out because everyone bar Man Utd fans hate him :)

Haven't read any comments above, so apologies if these have been pointed out.

Matthew Upson.. seriously? No Neville either.
Where's Ashley Young? He's probably deserved a place in the squad, though he's greatly underrated.
Surprised to see no Zamora either, but then again he's not prolific enough as a striker. He's probably the most improved player of the Premier League season, but he's only got some 7 goals all season. Darren Bent's a wise choice, too.

And I thought Gareth Barry was set to miss the whole World Cup? Sorry if I'm wrong.
heksey easily gets the best out of rooney, for all his flaws. they have had a fantasica partnership the last two years. so it was always gonna be one of zamora/bent

I'm annoyed at the inclusion of Upson and Green.

I would have preferred to take Jagielka and Robinson in their stead.

As for my 23-man squad:

Goalkeepers:
David James, Joe Hart, Robert Green

Defenders:
Leighton Baines, Ashley Cole, Ledley King, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Michael Dawson, Glen Johnson, Jamie Carragher

Midfielders:
Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Adam Johnson, Tom Huddlestone

Forwards:
Peter Crouch, Jermaine Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Emile Heskey

As for my 23-man squad:

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:
Leighton Baines, Ashley Cole, Ledley King, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Michael Dawson, Glen Johnson, Jamie Carragher

Midfielders:
Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Adam Johnson, Tom Huddlestone

Forwards:

Hang on, so you say you'd rather take robinson then green and are annoyed that green was selected yet you picked him in your 23 man squad...oO)

As for my 23-man squad:

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Forwards:

no joe cole?? surely he gives us somthing different. and before his injury he was one of englands best performers.

this "Heskey get's the best of Rooney" is an illusion. Heskey just makes him look twice the player he is with his shitness.

Hang on, so you say you'd rather take robinson then green and are annoyed that green was selected yet you picked him in your 23 man squad...oO)

Well, at this point, Green has already been chosen and we need 3 goalkeepers for the entire tournament to account for potential injuries.

So yes, I included him, reluctantly. If Robinson was there instead, I'd still have chosen 3 goalkeepers.

i think there are rules that every squad must have 3 keepers.

What the ****, Carrick, Upson, Green, Heskey,

Bit of a joke really...

Oh and as for Gareth Barry, what ever happened to "Only fit players are coming"
Englands best goalkeeper? Yeah, what's he thinking...
Hope Adam Johnson dosen't go!

no joe cole?? surely he gives us somthing different. and before his injury he was one of englands best performers.

I had to decide between Johnson and Cole, and I went by season form where Johnson has deserved his place.

If another spot was available in midfield, Cole would have taken it.

this "Heskey get's the best of Rooney" is an illusion. Heskey just makes him look twice the player he is with his shitness.
i assume you watch england, so you know it isnt.

i assume you watch england, so you know it isnt.

what if Rooney is marked out of the game? can we rely on Heskey to do the business? the answer is a resounding no. at least the likes of Zamora and Cole have it in them to put the ball in the net once in a while.

23 man squad

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry

Midfielders: Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker

Strikers: Wayne Rooney, Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermaine Defoe

Adam Johnson could make the LM spot his own if he has a few good games for his country :p
Not sure where that leaves Gerrard.

Why the **** hasn't Zamora been given a chance? Heskey ahead of him and Carlton Cole? WTF? Also SWP? WTF? Heskey? WTF? Jamie ******* Carragher? WTF?