England Provisional Squad for the World Cup

looking at that squard england have no chance what the **** dose capello see in heskey hes just a big lump of lard no zamora,dawson,king, am still standing by my pick brazil to win it
eh? so who would you have picked?? he picked dawson and king

looking at that squard england have no chance what the **** dose capello see in heskey hes just a big lump of lard no zamora,dawson,king, am still standing by my pick brazil to win it

Dawson and King are in the squad. Or I don't understand something because of the excellent spelling.

Almost on topic: Does anyone have any information on the 30-man squads of The Netherlands, France, Brazil etc?
Goalkeepers : Lloris (OL), S.Mandanda (OM), C.Carrasso (Bordeaux).
Defenders : Gallas and Sagna (Arsenal), Evra (Manchester United), Abidal (Barcelona), Escude' and Squillaci (FC Seville), Fanni (Rennes).
Midfielders : Y.Gourcuff and A.Diarra (Bordeaux), Toulalan (OL), Malouda (Chelsea), L.Diarra (Real Madrid), Diaby (Arsenal), M.Sissoko (Toulouse).
Forwards : Henry (Barcelona), Benzema (Real Madrid), Ribery (Bayern Munich), Anelka (Chelsea), Govou (OL), Gignac (Toulouse).
Note :
- These players are dropped : A.Rami (Lille), Ciani (Bordeaux), Boumsong and A.Cissokho (OL), B.Cheyrou and Ben Arfa (OM), Saha (Everton) and Remy (Nice)
- These players are overlooked : S. Frey (Fiorentina), Clichy (Arsenal), Mexes (AS Roma), Vieira (Manchester City), Flamini (AC Milan), Trezeguet (Juventus) and Gomis (OL).

http://www.footballpress.net/?action=read&idsel=60095

i suspect heskey has been chosen to keep rooney happy as rooney always plays really well alongside him, also it offers strength which none of the other strikers he's picked offer, so he'll probally make the cut. although we really need rooney to get better at playing alongside other strikers like agbonlahor or defoe so we can have 2 strikers that will score not 1.

Goalkeepers : Lloris (OL), S.Mandanda (OM), C.Carrasso (Bordeaux).
Defenders : Gallas and Sagna (Arsenal), Evra (Manchester United), Abidal (Barcelona), Escude' and Squillaci (FC Seville), Fanni (Rennes).
Midfielders : Y.Gourcuff and A.Diarra (Bordeaux), Toulalan (OL), Malouda (Chelsea), L.Diarra (Real Madrid), Diaby (Arsenal), M.Sissoko (Toulouse).
Forwards : Henry (Barcelona), Benzema (Real Madrid), Ribery (Bayern Munich), Anelka (Chelsea), Govou (OL), Gignac (Toulouse).
Note :
- These players are dropped : A.Rami (Lille), Ciani (Bordeaux), Boumsong and A.Cissokho (OL), B.Cheyrou and Ben Arfa (OM), Saha (Everton) and Remy (Nice)
- These players are overlooked : S. Frey (Fiorentina), Clichy (Arsenal), Mexes (AS Roma), Vieira (Manchester City), Flamini (AC Milan), Trezeguet (Juventus) and Gomis (OL).

http://www.footballpress.net/?action=read&idsel=60095
That another team will alot of depth (Shouldnt be there though XD) imagine if england had the option of dropping a gk as good as frey :O

i suspect heskey has been chosen to keep rooney happy as rooney always plays really well alongside him, also it offers strength which none of the other strikers he's picked offer, so he'll probally make the cut. although we really need rooney to get better at playing alongside other strikers like agbonlahor or defoe so we can have 2 strikers that will score not 1.

or just play Rooney on his own up front, rather than handicapping the team from the first minute with 10 and a half players.

looking at that squard england have no chance what the **** dose capello see in heskey hes just a big lump of lard no zamora, am still standing by my pick brazil to win it
Somebody other than me who thinks Brazil will win the WC??? Good lad join the club

its pretty much as i expected i would expect warnock, upson, carrick, wright-phillips, parker, johnson and bent not to make the cut.

WTF Capello.

Carragher cant walk away from his country, Bottle it when we need it. And then walk back in after an avergae year. Sorry Thats a joke.

Scott lets be honest he is in there for versatility. I'd rather Capello pick him than Neville or even another old git in fart. And I bet you weren't complaning about Hargreaves' name being branded about despite being injured either!

Yay no hargreaves :D least i wont have to worry about him getting injured now :).
Dont know how he rates wright-phillips ahead of Ashley Young though :(

its pretty much as i expected i would expect warnock, upson, carrick, wright-phillips, parker, johnson and bent not to make the cut.
carrick will make the cut, capello plays possession football, barry and carrick help provide that. carrick is first choice to replace barry

Shame about Bobby not making it but Heskey has been tried and tested by Capello and it has worked. It would be silly to deny the likes of Bent and Parker a place as they have been in great form recently. I do not understand why he'd pick 3 left backs and 3 right wingers for the provisional squad denying the likes of Zamora and Jagielka a place.

Overall though, I am happy Jermaine Jenas hasn't been selected.

Scott lets be honest he is in there for versatility. I'd rather Capello pick him than Neville or even another old git in fart. And I bet you weren't complaning about Hargreaves' name being branded about despite being injured either!

at least Hargeaves didnt turn his back on england. and i didnt think he should go either, not after 1 minute in 18months.

i would of gone for Richards who can play RB CB or Neville who could do both jobs, and has had a better year

Yay no hargreaves :D least i wont have to worry about him getting injured now :).
Dont know how he rates wright-phillips ahead of Ashley Young though :(

Ashley Young is too predictable, you know he is always going to cut in |)

Wright Phillips won't make the cut.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this squad :S

i love the look of some players and hate the sight of others

carrick will make the cut, capello plays possession football, barry and carrick help provide that. carrick is first choice to replace barry

i see your point about carrick but he has been poor this season as huddlestone hasent. but he will proberly go.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

at first i couldnt understand the carragher desition but he can play left back, centre back and right back. but i look at his form and it had been poor. but he has experience and would be a decent player if we got injurys.

i see your point about carrick but he has been poor this season as huddlestone hasent. but he will proberly go.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

at first i couldnt understand the carragher desition but he can play left back, centre back and right back. but i look at his form and it had been poor. but he has experience and would be a decent player if we got injurys.
its because of barry's injury that thudd has come in. we dont have very many of these type players, ones with a good passing range, and happy to drop deep in front of the back four. hes been poor for united, but actually pretty good for england, was eaily on of our better players when he came on against egypt, the midfield performed much better with him in.

re carragher, i agree wasnt so sure, but he can cover the back four, in fairness some people say he shouldnt have come back after turning it down, but personally i can put it to one side if it helps england

Out of form Heskey instead of an in form Zamora? Yeah, form is temporary class is permanent blah blah blah. So much for the 'I will pick the players in form' ****, and 'if you're not playing you won't be picked'.

I'm happy King and Parker got in and I really hope they don't get dropped.

Also Green, once again, wtf.

Whats Heskey got that Zamora hasn't!? And Carrick? He's past it, Maybe Capello got tired at that point.