England remain sixth in FIFA world rankings

wii

Reaction score
England have remained sixth in the latest world rankings released by FIFA.

World and European champions Spain stay top ahead of World Cup runners-up Holland, with Germany up a place to third at the expense of Brazil.

The Republic of Ireland have slipped four places to 36th, Northern Ireland have dropped one place to 43rd, Scotland have moved up two positions to 52nd and Wales slipped one spot to 112th.

Just seen from here http://www.football.co.uk/england/england_remain_sixth_in_fifa_world_rankings_rss1534662.shtml

wow I really wouldn't rate us 6th :S

wow I really wouldn't rate us 6th :S

Their worked out by mathematical algorithms based off who you have played and who you have beaten. Considering Englands record is actually really good (contrary to popular opinion), your ranking is actually pretty good.

I guess the real question is who below England is better than them? I don't think the gap is that big tbh.

I think that England shouldnt be in the top 10, we have been dreadful for months now, especially the world cup, but glad to see Holland up there, even though I am English.

Have Brazil played anoyone recently? if not, that will be why they have been demoted.

Wales 112th, didn't think they were that bad :S

That's why you've gotta love the FIFA ranking system.

the world rankings are hugely mis-leading anyway. At the moment i would put us 10th ish.

Yay we went to 52nd :S

We used to be 13th :'(

:( they used to be 13th yea i remember

but im worried about england why are they in sixth ... i wanted them to be top 3

:( they used to be 13th yea i remember

but im worried about england why are they in sixth ... i wanted them to be top 3

Want and deserve are two different things.

Once again, FIFA prove their rankings are a complete shambles.

Wow,England lost 55 points and still are 6th.Germany back on third.

You had a pretty poor WC and still got to the knockout rounds. The qualifying for the WC was quite good, and you've won every friendly after. What does surprise is Italy hasn't dropped like a rock considering their consistent horrible performances

Some of you people really don't pay much attention do you? Fifa Rankings are based on the past 4 years, Not just the last couple of months.
And England's performaces have been pretty good over the past 4 years, apart from the world cup. And even with it, England won 1, lost 1, drawed 2. Which isn't ****.

You had a pretty poor WC and still got to the knockout rounds. The qualifying for the WC was quite good, and you've won every friendly after. What does surprise is Italy hasn't dropped like a rock considering their consistent horrible performances

We lost to France remember

Thats depressing :S
In 92/93 Ireland were 6th in the world.

Some of you people really don't pay much attention do you? Fifa Rankings are based on the past 4 years, Not just the last couple of months.
And England's performaces have been pretty good over the past 4 years, apart from the world cup. And even with it, England won 1, lost 1, drawed 2. Which isn't ****.

Exactly. How are they above Portugal going on the past 4 years?

Norway's still 12th! Waaaheey!

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Exactly. How are they above Portugal going on the past 4 years?

See my sig(6)