England side to face France

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 23K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather watch Gillian McKieth screaming at everything that moves than this....France should be 6th, not 21st in rankings, England should be 21st.

I would rather watch Gillian McKieth screaming at everything that moves than this....France should be 6th, not 21st in rankings, England should be 21st.

Agreed. How we are 6th is beyond me

Sarcasm mate, sorry if that wasn't clear enough :$

i remember him at Barca and Inter never mind United

Nah, perfectly clear. I just suck at recognising sarcasm on the internet. ;)

Agreed. How we are 6th is beyond me

We are 6th because almost every friendly is against a side we should beat convincingly, and have done, France are the first 'decent' team we have played for a long while(apart from Germany).

I always had my doubts going into this match, and it's not much of a surprise that we are losing.

This is just a friendly and a exhibition match to flaunt the new talent that is on offer. We cannot expect the likes of Carroll, Henderson and Gibbs to put on performances like Lampard, Rooney and Ashley Cole.

France may have come back from a terribly controversial World Cup, but they certainly have not got a shortage in talent, and it has been shown in Benzema and Valbuena's goals. France's midfield has been compact, yet creative and are justifying why they are still a top international side.

Yes, we may be sinking into yet another defeat to the French, having not beaten them for more than 10 years, but it will matter most when we play our best side. If we play them in Euro 2012, then I will start to have concerns.

EDIT-

Okay, 2-1. There's still time for either side to score.

Last edited:
Gerrard has hurt his hamstring

Hodgson is topping himself as we speak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back