England side to face France

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 23K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, it's amusing how bad our team plays.

Only started going for it in the last ten minutes.

It was a friendly. Massive club teams get beat by small sides in friendlies from time to time, you don't see their fans booing them of the field. England weren't that bad, Liverpool have only played better than that once all season and have only been booed once all season.

England looked okay when Richards was right-back, I'd rather have Jagielka with Ferdinand tbh.. I don't see how Terry would have changed this result, only Joe Hart instead of Foster could have really benefited in defence I think.

The defence looked pretty shacky, this is why we need JT in the backline with Rio.
no nasri would have destroyed terry, there was that one point where jags makes that last ditch tacke cos of his pace, terry would have got nowhere near

It was a friendly. Massive club teams get beat by small sides in friendlies from time to time, you don't see their fans booing them of the field. England weren't that bad, Liverpool have only played better than that once all season and have only been booed once all season.

I don't agree with the booing but it happens.

Capello was tactically outmanoeuvred once again just like against Macedonia.

Thought Nasri was man of the match.

Im not being harsh to Bothroyd at all, he did alright when he came on, but the fact he is playing in the championshop says it all. surely there are enough english strikers in the prem who have the quality to step up...

Im not being harsh to Bothroyd at all, he did alright when he came on, but the fact he is playing in the championshop says it all. surely there are enough english strikers in the prem who have the quality to step up...

I think the fact that Capello put Bothroyd on ahead of Crouch shows what he thinks of his strikers at the moment. Shame Bent, Rooney, Defoe and Zamora are injured really.

No, this is why we need Jagielka or the like to play alongside Ferdinand. Nasri would have had a field day against Terry.

no nasri would have destroyed terry, there was that one point where jags makes that last ditch tacke cos of his pace, terry would have got nowhere near

You can't say that would have happend at all, has Nasri every had the better of JT at club level???? the matter of fact is Valbuena, Malouda, Benzema and Nasri made the England defence look poor. I think even if you asked Rio who he would want to play with im pretty sure he would say JT.

You can't say that would have happend at all, has Nasri every had the better of JT at club level???? the matter of fact is Valbuena, Malouda, Benzema and Nasri made the England defence look poor. I think even if you asked Rio who he would want to play with im pretty sure he would say JT.
playing terry would have forced us to play deeper than we already were, giving france even more space to hurt us. no, jags and rio is the better partnership, besides the problems came because the back four had no protection

All I know and care is that the future of the England doesnt look that bright under Capello anymore. The thing is that he will stick till the end of the Eurocup. That leaves the new manager only 2 years to work and prepare a decent squad for the WC14.

Sure, but Terry's had a better team around him to cope with it. And the reason why we don't ask footballers for opinions on who they want to play with is because they're not in a fit state to say. It's the manager's job to pick the team.

I know who Laurent Blanc is, just didn't know he was the new manager of France. I'm not watching the match either.

just zip it about this Laurent Blanc stuff. We have now established he is the manager of France. leave it at that.

playing terry would have forced us to play deeper than we already were, giving france even more space to hurt us. no, jags and rio is the better partnership, besides the problems came because the back four had no protection

The back 4 didn't need any more protection, in the 1st half we had 3 central defenders on the pitch along with Barry. Terry reads the game pretty well and France's movement was too quick for the backline.

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

Sure, but Terry's had a better team around him to cope with it. And the reason why we don't ask footballers for opinions on who they want to play with is because they're not in a fit state to say. It's the manager's job to pick the team.

Yer agreed and if Terry was fit who do you think would have started with Rio??

The back 4 didn't need any more protection, in the 1st half we had 3 central defenders on the pitch along with Barry. Terry reads the game pretty well and France's movement was too quick for the backline.

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

did you even watch the game, becuase barry did ****** all to protect the back line which means that france were coming almost man for man on the attack, wingers didnt track in enough so the french fullbacks came on the overlap and isolating players. Stop harping on about terry becuase he wouldnt have helped us tonight. Jags is better for england than terry is

just zip it about this Laurent Blanc stuff. We have now established he is the manager of France. leave it at that.
Wtf? That's the first thing I've even said about Laurent Blanc and it wasn't even bad, I was just clearing a misunderstanding up, I think you need to calm down.

I think the bolded part speaks for itself. oO)

Him, but I'm not saying that's the right decision. Manager picks the team, players don't question the team, but fans do. I am a fan. I would question his pick.

did you even watch the game, becuase barry did ****** all to protect the back line which means that france were coming almost man for man on the attack, wingers didnt track in enough so the french fullbacks came on the overlap and isolating players. Stop harping on about terry becuase he wouldnt have helped us tonight. Jags is better for england than terry is

What has Terry ever done wrong for England on the pitch??? Exacly nothing so why is he no longer good enough??

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

I think the bolded part speaks for itself. oO)

Him, but I'm not saying that's the right decision. Manager picks the team, players don't question the team, but fans do. I am a fan. I would question his pick.

But thats my point, on the field Terry has done nothing wrong so why all of a sudden is he no longer good enough??? I think people's personal views get in the way simple as that.

If France's movement is too quick for the backline, how can Terry help. Terry is one of the slowest players in the Premier League, he would have been absolutely torn apart.

What has Terry ever done wrong for England on the pitch??? Exacly nothing so why is he no longer good enough??

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

But thats my point, on the field Terry has done nothing wrong so why all of a sudden is he no longer good enough??? I think people's personal views get in the way simple as that.
his lack of pace forces an unnecessarily deeper line, he goes to ground too easily which exposes players (there were points tonight that jags and rio stood tall, where terry would have almost certainly dived for the tackle) he isnt as accomplished on the ball as jags or rio. hes still a good players but jags and rio make a better partnership

Dear Mr Capello,

Please can you do these three things:

1. Play 4-1-2-1-2, With Carroll and Rooney upfront, and when either aren't fit, play Crouch for Carroll and Defoe for Rooney. If all these arent fit, please play 4-6-0.

2. Please teach your ******* wingers, how to cross. Untill then, Joey Barton please.

3. Release a statement saying that only people that have a season ticket to a lower league team are allowed a ticket to an England game. This is for two reasons, one, to stop retarded people going to England matches who don't understand football, and then boo everyone because we lose by one goal to a team that played pretty sexy football, two, because lower league fans are accustomed to watching ****** football, so are alot less likely to boo.

If you take these into consideration, I suggest your time as England manager will be prolonged.

Cheers

Dunc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back