England side to face France

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 23K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to Capello, it takes a lot of balls to pick a squad like that.

Squad in full

Ben Foster, Robert Green, Joe Hart;
Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Kieran Gibbs, Phil Jagielka, Joleon Lescott, Micah Richards, Chris Smalling, John Terry;
Gareth Barry, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson, James Milner, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere, Ashley Young;
Gabriel Agbonlahor, Jay Bothroyd, Andy Carroll, Peter Crouch.

Interesting. I'm told Bothroyd deserves it, but his inclusion means we have three big men strikers. I hope this doesn't influence us to hit it long.

Hart
Richards Jagielka Smalling Gibbs
Walcott Henderson Wilshere A.Johnson
Carroll Agbonlahor

That'd be nice, but I bet it'll be:

Hart
Richards Terry Ferdinand Cole
Johnson Gerrard Barry Milner
Crouch Carroll

Unfortunately.

Last edited:
Im amazed, Smalling, Lescott, Richards, Agbonlahor, are any of them really in form? Where as the Shawcross', Nolan's, Davies' and Cahill's are left out.

Interesting. I'm told Bothroyd deserves it, but his inclusion means we have three big men strikers. I hope this doesn't influence us to hit it long.

Bothroyd plays more with his feet it seems, and Crouch is ***** in the air anyway

Robert Green is back?!

Reckon the starting XI should be;

Hart
Richards Jagielka Smalling Gibbs
Walcott Henderson Wilshere A.Johnson
Carroll Agbonlahor​

Lambs to the slaughter. You need some experience or they youngsters would get teared apart.

I would have this:

Hart
Richards Jagielka Terry Cole
Milner Barry Wilshere A.Johnson
Carroll Gerrard

That would be the right amount of youth/experience, imo.

France our going to murder that squad.

we have Jay Boothroyd of cardiff, they have Karim Benzema of Real Madrid. how embarrassing

Bothroyd plays more with his feet it seems, and Crouch is ***** in the air anyway

How on earth can you say someone who is 6ft 7 is ***** in the air.. he's quality in the air. It's just very difficult to not get penalised when you're so big and a defender falls over. Give him a header 8 yards out, and 8/10 of them will go into the back of the net.

we have Jay Boothroyd of cardiff, they have Karim Benzema of Real Madrid. how embarrassing
you've been banging on about youth, i remember you wanted to drop everyone over 28 after the world cup

besides, its not just who you got, but how they play together. we all saw how well that went for france in the world cup

Lambs to the slaughter. You need some experience or they youngsters would get teared apart.

I would have this:

Hart
Richards Jagielka Terry Cole
Milner Barry Wilshere A.Johnson
Carroll Gerrard

That would be the right amount of youth/experience, imo.

Reason I picked that team is because they have basically all played with the U-21's together so it's not like they will all be completely oblivious as to how eachother play. I think it would be good for them all to make the step up together, and it is only a friendly of course.

I thought you wanted us to develop our younger players by playing them in international games even if they get creamed?(K)
Though to be fair bothroyd is 28.

Last edited:

Still though, it's not how good they are in the air, it's our players temptations on seeing a big man to just lob it long. Also, Crouch's supposed aerial shiteness is a bit of a myth, really.

When you put it like that, it does kind of mess with your head a bit.

you've been banging on about youth, i remember you wanted to drop everyone over 28 after the world cup

besides, its not just who you got, but how they play together. we all saw how well that went for france in the world cup

Yeah, but Bothroyd isn't either A) young or B) used to the international setup. He's hardly one to introduce if you want to gel your team.

How on earth can you say someone who is 6ft 7 is ***** in the air.. he's quality in the air. It's just very difficult to not get penalised when you're so big and a defender falls over. Give him a header 8 yards out, and 8/10 of them will go into the back of the net.

He's really not that good, hes better with his feet, hes clumsy in the air, and should win more balls than he does for his height

Where the **** is Matty Jarvis, and the joint PL top scorer Kevin Nolan? Jesus christ fabio

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

Micah Richards our only RB option, oh its amusing!

Still though, it's not how good they are in the air, it's our players temptations on seeing a big man to just lob it long. Also, Crouch's supposed aerial shiteness is a bit of a myth, really.

When you put it like that, it does kind of mess with your head a bit.

Yeah, but Bothroyd isn't either A) young or B) used to the international setup. He's hardly one to introduce if you want to gel your team.
boothroyd is a bizarre one, but there is always one like that in the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back