England side to face France

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 23K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason I picked that team is because they have basically all played with the U-21's together so it's not like they will all be completely oblivious as to how eachother play. I think it would be good for them all to make the step up together, and it is only a friendly of course.

Playing under-21's is alot different to playing a full international, it may only be a friendly, but it's against France, so a game that us, being English, should not want to lose.

I am all for giving the youth players game time, but you have to give them someone to lead them, and keep their heads up if we went behind, imagine if we went one down without either Terry or Gerrard in the team, we would get murdered.

Where the **** is Matty Jarvis, and the joint PL top scorer Kevin Nolan? Jesus christ fabio

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

Micah Richards our only RB option, oh its amusing!

Jay Bothroyd for RB :P

Would have preferred Kevin Davies ahead of Crouch, he's better in the air, and he can play on the floor too. Still, glad to have younger players in the squad especially Wilshere and Gibbs!

boothroyd is a bizarre one, but there is always one like that in the squad

I suppose. Still, I'd be in favour of dropping him for, say, Jarvis. Or even Albrighton. Yes, I know I'm being biased, and Jarvis is still ahead of him in the pecking order, but if you're going on form...

you've been banging on about youth, i remember you wanted to drop everyone over 28 after the world cup

besides, its not just who you got, but how they play together. we all saw how well that went for france in the world cup

By Why now? We half way through a qualifying campaign. Srsly If he was going to do it, we had to do in on 14th August against Hungary, Boothroyd is 28 also, so what help does that do us, dont you think Maybe Cahill, Nolan and Jarvis deserve to be in the squad, a head of others.

He seems to be naming players for the headlines, Davies, Boothroyd, who is next Steve Claridge.

Bothroyd and Lescott baffle me most, because in theory are either gunna get anywhere near the team for the Euro2012 tournament? No, Bothroyd will be a one squad wonder, and one cap wonder if hes very lucky.

He seems to be naming players for the headlines, Davies, Boothroyd, who is next Steve Claridge.

Only if the French pick Guivarc'h. :P

Bothroyd and Lescott baffle me most, because in theory are either gunna get anywhere near the team for the Euro2012 tournament? No, Bothroyd will be a one squad wonder, and one cap wonder if hes very lucky.

Lescott probably will. He's the same age as Jagielka, and not that far behind him in terms of quality. More versatile too.

Jay ******* Bothroyd? Dear God, has England got no strikers at all? Pleased to see Carroll picked, Top English scorer, deserves his chance. Suprised Danny Simpson or Kev Nolan were not picked. Interesting selections, finally get a chance to see England's next stars. And Bothroyd.

Lescott has been in a few squads so it wouldn't suprise me if he got into the euro 2012 squad, if we get there.
Tbf he can't win. He gets murdered for not picking players based on form and not picking young players and he gets murdered when he does.:S

why is Smalling in the squad? Swear he hasn't played that much for Man Utd :S

I suppose. Still, I'd be in favour of dropping him for, say, Jarvis. Or even Albrighton. Yes, I know I'm being biased, and Jarvis is still ahead of him in the pecking order, but if you're going on form...

I would also like to see Albrighton being called up to england soon

I thought Danny Simpson was within a shout for the vacant Right back slot...

By Why now? We half way through a qualifying campaign. Srsly If he was going to do it, we had to do in on 14th August against Hungary, Boothroyd is 28 also, so what help does that do us, dont you think Maybe Cahill, Nolan and Jarvis deserve to be in the squad, a head of others.

we' re three games in.

Boothroyd, i dont agree with, its definitely a bizarre choice
cahill should be in there for lescott
i'd rather have henderson over jarvis
and nolan over barry, though i would have almost anyone over barry

I wonder who the last player to be picked from the Championship was? Don't think James has been given a callup since he signed for Bristol...

you're all banging on about bothroyd, but he's in because he's scoring goals (albeit at championship level, but lets not forget, this is what international football used to be about) but then Chris ******* Smalling is included? wtf!? player being picked purely on reputation. disgraceful

and england under 21 performances, which is probably what got him picked

Id argue that Phil Jones had been better tho

and Seriously, do performances at u21 level, deserve more recognition than consistent league performances?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back