• Views Views 23K
Status
Not open for further replies.
we' re three games in.

Boothroyd, i dont agree with, its definitely a bizarre choice
cahill should be in there for lescott
i'd rather have henderson over jarvis
and nolan over barry, though i would have almost anyone over barry

Still dont agree with this squad, seems rather silly to me, he has over done it with youth players, all at once, lets hope he sees sense and plays the bigger boys in the squad in the actual match

we' re three games in.

Boothroyd, i dont agree with, its definitely a bizarre choice
cahill should be in there for lescott
i'd rather have henderson over jarvis
and nolan over barry, though i would have almost anyone over barry

Could not agree more. Bothroyd is nowhere near PL standard, let alone England. Why not leave a striker less, bring in someone else in Midfield?
Henderson has been wonderful so far(as much as I hate to say it), and thoroughly deserved a call up.
Carroll has been brilliant as well, and is the highest English scorer in the League, so his selection was a no brainer.
Would have preferred to see Simpson in at right back, who has been very good since returning from injury.
Nolan in place of Barry, who is extremely over rated.

Id argue that Phil Jones had been better tho

and Seriously, do performances at u21 level, deserve more recognition than consistent league performances?
they can be just as valid. every other country but ours put a lot of stock into Under 21 performances

besides he's started in 3 of our european games and didnt put a foot wrong

I'm just happy to see my young guns in there :D and apparently Arsenal don't produce any good english talents, I guarentee that if Wilshere, Walcott or Gibbs were at any other top 4 team they would not be as good as they are now.

they can be just as valid. every other country but ours put a lot of stock into Under 21 performances

besides he's started in 3 of our european games and didnt put a foot wrong

Thats fair, in honesty I can cope with smallings inclusion, its just lescott over Cahill/Shawcorss that really gets to me!

Still dont agree with this squad, seems rather silly to me, he has over done it with youth players, all at once, lets hope he sees sense and plays the bigger boys in the squad in the actual match
to be fair we dont even know what the starting XI will be. there is enough experience there to build a spine and let the young players flourish.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

Thats fair, in honesty I can cope with smallings inclusion, its just lescott over Cahill/Shawcorss that really gets to me!
im with you on that. the two that jar me most are lescott and barry

GodCubed, do even you belive Aggy deserves to be back in?!

Just come off an injury, form has been patchy. On that, no. However. Who else can you pick? Capello seems to like playing Walcott as a winger, Rooney, Bent and Defoe are injured. That leaves us criminally short of pacey small men. Who do we pick, Sturridge? On that basis, Agbonlahor is a worthy pick, if only because we need the extra dimension his pace and power adds.

Oh, and I agree with the Barry/Lescott criticisms, though Barry much more so. Why won't he pick Huddlestone, for god's sakes...

Smalling doesn't bother me too much. he is young, and has potential. I am not pleased about Bothroyd's inclusion, however. Andy Carroll had scored more goals in the Championship at this point last season than Bothroyd, and he was not even glanced at. Bothroyd is 28, when he played games in the Prem he failed. Why not pick Davies again, **** even Nile Ranger. What is Bothroyd going to do against Gallas, Mexes and co, proven world-class defenders who will snuff him out every time.

Gibbs, Smalling, Lescott, Barry, Crouch, Agbonlahor what hav they done to deserve a call-up?

Baines > Gibbs

Cahill > Lescott

Shawcross > Smalling

Nolan > Barry

Jarvis > Agbonlahor

Davies > Crouch

What is Bothroyd going to do against Gallas, Mexes and co, proven world-class defenders who will snuff him out every time.

Hopefully sit on the bench and call names.

Baines > Gibbs

Cahill > Lescott

Shawcross > Smalling

Nolan > Barry

Jarvis > Agbonlahor

Davies > Crouch
In order: No and Gibbs is younger, yes, yes, yes but they're far too different to be considered a straight swap, yes but one's a winger and the other a striker and finally yes, but Davies is hacking on a bit.

But generally, you're right. There are some odd selections.

Last edited:
My England XI -

Hart
Richards - Terry - Ferdinand - Cole
Walcott - Gerrard - Barry - Johnson
Carroll - Agbonlahor​

I can't see the starting XI been changed a great deal,

Bothroyd has been picked due to his fine form for Cardiff, i agree he is no where near PL standard but give him a chance and who knows what he could do, he could rip up Gallas for all we know .

but how would you have judged the performances? Now he has had 3 months to look at the players

the fact remains, this is too late, this should of been done 3 months ago, not now. And where is our english manager, i demanded, **** me, if the FA are going to take my plans, might as well go the full way, And come on, how can players like Boothroyd be classed as youth, or rob green, or Peter Crouch, Or Gareth Barry

anyway off to watch the boxing.,
It's too late?
They've missed 4 games. Are you seriously suggesting that missing 4 games when there are still 4 years left till the world cup you were targeting is too late?

It's too late?
They've missed 4 games. Are you seriously suggesting that missing 4 games when there are still 4 years left till the world cup you were targeting is too late?

but why now, why not in august, he has left it too late, he isnt the right man, the whole things smells of the FA, Bodged,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back