England squad announced for friendlies against Spain and Sweden.

It's good to see you're acknowledging your future as a Daily Mail journalist.

Cassano? I think Joe could take 'em both with ease, frankly.

I hope Barry starts. I want to see Barry vs Iniesta happen.

I literally chuckled aloud when I saw the last part. Dear go- Santa. It's going to be a trashing, isn't it...

I literally chuckled aloud when I saw the last part. Dear go- Santa. It's going to be a trashing, isn't it...

Don't worry, even if they break the impenetrable wall that is - Gareth Barry. We still have Lescott as the final stand.

I would honestly play Leighton Baines as my starting England LB over Ashely Cole based on current form... Cole is slowly degrading and I cant see him having a starring role in the England NT beyong Euro 2012

Richards should have been in the squad, probably best English RB currently. Good to see Sturridge getting much deserved call up.

Gutted for Cleverley. He would have been in the squad had he stayed fit. Very unlucky on both the Intl breaks.

Quite a poor selection from Fab Fabio, as usual, but I have to say it's better than I expected. Annoyed at the inclusion of Glen Johnson, as a Liverpool fan, though - even Martin Kelly deserves the Liverpool RB spot more than him (who we stupidly got for £18m). I guess Johnson would be quite a good winger, or partnered David Luiz up front! :D

Glad we have a few 'experiments' in there such as Sturridge, Rodwell and Jones. I thought we could have experimented more, though, especially in goal and defence (where we are lacking quality), in these friendlies. Bring in Jason Steele, Steven Taylor, Micah Richards, Martin Kelly and James Tomkins? Heck, even Kelvin Davis is better than David Stockdale at the moment - it's worrying that we have to get some Championship-class goalkeepers but we're lucky we've got Hart to rely on.

To be honest, Capello needs to decide how he wants England to play (Italian, defensive style or South American, flair and skill style?) and then implement it using the correct players. If he wants us to play like Spain, he should get good passers in like Cleverley and (dare-I-say) Jamie O'Hara. If he wants us to be defensive, maybe players like Karl Henry or Joey Barton would help do that.

Definitely not looking forward to seeing 'Arry as England manager, though, 'Arry has spent a lot of money and not done too great with Tottenham - and he has poor man-management skills. He also has favourites (Kaboul, Defoe, Crouch, etc. anyone?) and isn't really willing to experiment and try new things.

But, overall, I'm quite happy with this squad although the inclusion of Gareth Barry means my signature will have to stay the same for now. :(

I'd be happy if Redknapp was England manager, yeah he's a bit of a dodgy fella but he's shown he's a decent motivator and his man management has always been good which is what you need at international management. Plus, the press are more likely to love him than loathe him. Capello and Sven never really got/get good press.

To be honest, Capello needs to decide how he wants England to play (Italian, defensive style or South American, flair and skill style?) and then implement it using the correct players. If he wants us to play like Spain, he should get good passers in like Cleverley and (dare-I-say) Jamie O'Hara. If he wants us to be defensive, maybe players like Karl Henry or Joey Barton would help do that.

What ****** me off is that of every nation on the planet, we're by far and away the best equipped to implement a high-tempo pressing game. We value physicality and contrary to what most pundits say, there's nothing wrong with that, so long as we find a way use this strength in our matches. Over the years this has been construed as running around a lot with little purpose, but really if we channeled it into co-ordinated pressing we could really do some damage.

hope Walcott plays very few minutes in both games

I admit I'm a 'Arry doubter, but in the past 2 years he has proven that he is more than a motivator. He may not be the most tactically sound manager, but as a nation we need to decide do we want a coach who plays to our strengths and attacks opposition regardless or a coach who focuses primarily on 'stopping the opposition'.

Over the past 2 years Spurs have, arguably, been the most consistent Premier League style performer. They play the high tempo attack-defence-pressure-width game better than most of the Premiership. Redknapp always sets his teams up with freedom and he does get the best out of players.

You look at Spurs and you think to yourself that their system under 'Arry would work for England. Wilshere could take up the Modric role, the more technical midfielder, Rooney could play off the front in the RVDV type free role with a big man up front in Carroll or a finisher like Bent. England have a selection of quality wide players and from Kranjcar to Lennon 'Arry gets the best out of them. Full backs wise he does enjoy giving them freedom and letting them stretch the opposition, also giving the midfielders an outball, which frees up space centrally for midfield runners.

Not just because he's English but because he has shown he can set up an almost perfect high tempo - attacking - setup.

I mean he's not perfect but he would deliver most of the things we are all screaming for, my only worry would be he'd do something silly like bring back a 39 year old Beckham for the WC2014...

What ****** me off is that of every nation on the planet, we're by far and away the best equipped to implement a high-tempo pressing game. We value physicality and contrary to what most pundits say, there's nothing wrong with that, so long as we find a way use this strength in our matches. Over the years this has been construed as running around a lot with little purpose, but really if we channeled it into co-ordinated pressing we could really do some damage.

This, i have lost track of how many times ive said something similar. and it is so ******* frustrating becuase we can all see it. Why can he?

Irrelevant. I'm starting to tolerate Redknapp. What have things come to?

Dont let him do this to you!!!! This is what Redknapp wants!!!!! I dont like Redknapp at all but i dont know what to make of him being the next international manager. I think he has some good traits i.e being able to get players playing for him and making them feel like they are world class. But at club level he has some bad traits but most of them he wont be able to do at International level. From a personal point of view if England want a guarrenteed hit the ground running national coach then Guus Hiddink is the man that stands out but of corse the next one has to be ******* English!!!!

Lennon? .. Ashley Young? .. Where are these two, Stewart Downing = Most over-rated player ever! I mean, I'm a Villa fan and even last season, he didn't show me anything that showed he was out of the ordinary. He's just a good Premier league winger. GOOD. He's not undefendably pacey, he shows no real world class quality. Have Youngy or Lennon in there over him anyday of the week, but that's just my opinion. James Milner is also an odd one, depending on where he's playing him. If he's intending to play him on the wing then it's just a complete no-go. Central midfield he's nothing special. Capello has got it wrong, AGAIN.

If Capello DOES play Jagielka like he's intending to, I'll be mightily ****** to say the least. It's a friendly for christs sake. Everton have enough injury problems half the time and we do not need another one. The fact that he HAS to train tomorrow with England just to be considered is just ridiculous. Just drop him and let him recover without having to rely on more goddam injections.

Lennon? .. Ashley Young? .. Where are these two, Stewart Downing = Most over-rated player ever! I mean, I'm a Villa fan and even last season, he didn't show me anything that showed he was out of the ordinary. He's just a good Premier league winger. GOOD. He's not undefendably pacey, he shows no real world class quality. Have Youngy or Lennon in there over him anyday of the week, but that's just my opinion. James Milner is also an odd one, depending on where he's playing him. If he's intending to play him on the wing then it's just a complete no-go. Central midfield he's nothing special. Capello has got it wrong, AGAIN.

Young is injured. Milner is on form right now, and his work rate is what's needed against Spain as well.

Erm...why is Fab playing Phil Jones as DM? Surely he's much better in the back 4? Bad choice of position imo. Yet I'm not surprised

Nice one Lamps! And nice causing of problems by Bent. 1-0

They might be the world champions, but watching Spain is boring.

Well in Bent and Lampard.

Think they're boring today especially is because we're totally frustrating them. Pretty solid display for a change. Jones is definately playing well. Nice miss of an open goal by Spain too

That should've been a red. suddenly Spain are becoming dirty bastards. arseholes