England squad named for Qualifiers

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 3K
----Huddlestone-----Barry----------

Milner-----Gerrard-----A.Johnson

---------------Rooney---------------

Off Topic by quite a bit: On a purely whimsical note, I was just wondering how many speed merchants you could fit into this England attack?

Walcott-----Young-----Lennon

------------Agbonlahor------------

Talk about pace to burn.

Huddlestone isn't in the squad.

I know I was doing what I thought should of happened but with the current squad Carrick would be where Huddlestone is....

Although huddlestone and barry with by a very very very slow central midfield pairing haha.

Last edited:
Carroll is in the U21s squad, I'm sure he'll get in at some point in his career..

I like this squad, i think it is just about right, love to see Jag start, Maybe play Carrick, Barry and Gerrard as a midfield 3, with Young, Rooney and WAlcott ahead of them in a forward line of 3.

But we will probaly play 4-4-2 with Gerrard on the left, crouch and rooney upfront, playing rush ball.

Walcott should start considering his recent form,hope Capello does not go for his dreadful 4-4-2 again

------Walcott------Barry----Carrick----------SWP/Young--
--------------------------Gerrard----------------------------
-------------------------Rooney-----------------------------

Essentially Gerrard can operate in a free role and Rooney can play Deeper to link up with the midfield while either Barry and Carrick can hold fort and pass the ball around...Walcott ang the other winger look to cut in I guess allowing Rooney to safely drop deeper and still allow England to provide a threat while giving the full-backs license to go forward and prvide width

SWP haha. so much for a new era. crouch deserves the call-up. would have been nice to see wilshere in there but it is easy to understand his decision.

What the **** is Shaun Wright Phillips doing for club or country to be continually chosen, seriously?

SWP haha. so much for a new era. crouch deserves the call-up. would have been nice to see wilshere in there but it is easy to understand his decision.

Dont want to rush this potential stars mate like we did with Owen...lets keep it steady and slow

SWP has potential, at the moment, though, he is nothing more than average. Wouldn't be suprised is Roberto Mmancini leaves him out of the 25 man Premier League squad.

SWP has potential, at the moment, though, he is nothing more than average. Wouldn't be suprised is Roberto Mmancini leaves him out of the 25 man Premier League squad.

Potential?

At very nearly 29 he is on a 1star progress rate at the moment then. He will get into Mancini's squad on the basis that he is a home grown player, if he wasnt his place would be debateable.

The ****? Potential? He's 29, should be at his peak, and he's poor.

----------Carrick-----Barry----------

Walcott/Milner-----Gerrard-----A.Johnson

---------------Crouch---------------
Thats how it should be in my opinion.

SWP makes it into the squad, but Lennon nor Huddlestone does oO)

Nice to know he is sticking by his word and bringing in some younger players.............. Oh wait it's exactly the same team in the world cup but with some terrible, terrible players drafted in.

Dont want to rush this potential stars mate like we did with Owen...lets keep it steady and slow

What? Owen was a magnificent player when he was younger, his career was ruined by injuries not by being 'rushed' into becoming a star - a player is either up for international football or they aren't no matter how old, just so happens with have a nation full of bottlers who don't have the balls to make it on the big stage - not only that but there are very few 'potential stars' so I'd like to see them develop as quickly as possible.

Andy Carroll is the highest scoring English striker.Should be included, especially when two included are Carlton Cole, Peter Crouch. Rooney is yet to score as well.
Rooney has scored a penalty. I would say when Zamora is back, drop Cole. Also, give him 10 more games, see if he can keep it up. Then I would give him a chance.

Why about people like Gibbs and co who have barely played Prem football? Selection for the national team is based on current form, not the bigger name.
Gibbs has played a bit of Premier League football, and has played in the Champions League Semi Final too, when Manchester United beat Arsenal 4-1 (?).

Lol, Ben Foster is just awful
Have you even seen him play this season? Some smart saves, looks a new player at Birmingham.

Back