England squad to face Montenegro & U21's to face Romania

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Fulham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 228
  • Views Views 13K
I must say I'm team madsheep and Godcubed here.

Don't think its a question of taking sides.. I think everyone is in agreement that we should have been a lot better out there tonight, and that Crouch was poor, and SWP shouldn't have come on, where Wilshere should have..

Just that MS wouldn't boo, and Billy would... Not a fan of booing, but i see where Billy's coming from, paying a lot of money to go to a game you're expected to win comfortably and end up drawing, and to add insult to injury, not playing at all well, or putting in much effort.

i would of booed my head off tbh, we where *****, we didnt seem to want it, and generally capello is a muppet.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Sometimes I'm afraid that's just not possible. For instance, we can't out-pass the Spanish. Today, we couldn't out-work the Montenegrins.

We cant out pass the spanish so we try to beat them in a different way, so if we can out work these lot, we try to maybe out pass them, out think them, and generally out play them, play to our streghtens not theres,

We cant out pass the spanish so we try to beat them in a different way, so if we can out work these lot, we try to maybe out pass them, out think them, and generally out play them, play to our streghtens not theres,

Yep, and that's what went wrong. We didn't make any catastrophic mistakes, there wasn't any goalkeeper horror show, we just didn't match them tactically and mentally. It was a poor game.

Yep, and that's what went wrong. We didn't make any catastrophic mistakes, there wasn't any goalkeeper horror show, we just didn't match them tactically and mentally. It was a poor game.

so if we couldnt match them tactically or even technically, it was a poor performance and a poor result then, as we are better then them technically, we have better players, a better manager and we where at home.

so if we couldnt match them tactically or even technically, it was a poor performance and a poor result then, as we are better then them technically, we have better players, a better manager and we where at home.

Yeah, it was. I never disputed it was a poor result, I'm just saying it wasn't a "shocking" result. Credit where credit's due, they did well. We should've done better, taking into account what you just said, but we didn't and they got a draw they will rightly by delighted with. Good on them.

Yeah, it was. I never disputed it was a poor result, I'm just saying it wasn't a "shocking" result. Credit where credit's due, they did well. We should've done better, taking into account what you just said, but we didn't and they got a draw they will rightly by delighted with. Good on them.

but we should be devastated with a result like this, we basically played at home, against an weakened side, who are below us in the world rankings by a fair bit, and we looked *****, and didnt even score a goal.

but we should be devastated with a result like this, we basically played at home, against an weakened side, who are below us in the world rankings by a fair bit, and we looked *****, and didnt even score a goal.

We played at home against a side admittedly shorn of their main goal threat but also on a high from good results, a newfound tactical strength and nous, a good coach that prepared them well, executed well-laid plans and were helped by a disjointed England display that was weakened by a lack of options up-front and an untested centre-back pairing along with two full debutants. We were on occasion fluid and cohesive, the next heavy-handed and leaden.

We got close to scoring a goal, were denied by a good keeper and should have had a penalty. If we had lost 5-0, THAT would be a result to be "devastated" by.

We played at home against a side admittedly shorn of their main goal threat but also on a high from good results, a newfound tactical strength and nous, a good coach that prepared them well, executed well-laid plans and were helped by a disjointed England display that was weakened by a lack of options up-front and an untested centre-back pairing along with two full debutants. We were on occasion fluid and cohesive, the next heavy-handed and leaden.

We got close to scoring a goal, were denied by a good keeper and should have had a penalty. If we had lost 5-0, THAT would be a result to be "devastated" by.

that would of been a result to commit sucide over, this is devasting. england should of beat these.

that would of been a result to commit sucide over, this is devasting. england should of beat these.

...you take football WAY too seriously if you would commit suicide over a Euro 2012 qualification match against Montenegro.

...you take football WAY too seriously if you would commit suicide over a Euro 2012 qualification match against Montenegro.

We should be beating these confortably, And i think the suicide bit was more a exaggeration to emphasis how much better then these we are, to me this is on par with the algeria performance

Snooze fest it was. I feel England lack one mid fielder who can link up attack and defense like Scholes. Huddlestone would have been good, but i have a strong feeling, once Carrick is back to his best, England becomes more fluent team. He is sort of Mid fiedler England needs.(Carrick on top of his form).
Yesterday it was there for all to see, Rio was the one who tried to carry team forward, Barry all he did was side ways passing, and Gerrard was just made ineffective playing him so deep. So it was like Half way line, Rio was next to Barry and Gerrard and Rooney was dropped so deep that it looked like 4-5-1.

One Midfielder, England will look altogether different team,.

Was watching the Scotland game in Glasgow, and there was a smaller screen with the England game on. I was standing next to a bunch of Englishmen watching the game and I never think I've heard someone say ****** that much in my life. If these guys are representative, yous have a very limited vocabulary!;p

He obviously did not mean it in the literal sense bright spark....:)

i thought i would leave my comments for a day because i needed to get this off my mind asap. Look its not that the draw was dissapointing its the fact we had limited shots and tried the same thing time and time again and i said to my brother (who was watching the game with me) after about 20 minutes that we seem out of ideas already. And i can say 2 things why this is true, Rooney was inaffective so he starts to come deeper to get the ball to try and get into the game but that takes away what he could give you in the final 3rd because he is playing almost as a centre midfielder. And another point is that all Gerrard kept doing was trying long hollywood through balls and i believe im right in saying that only 2 got through/close to England players, once to Young and once to Crouch but everyone he attepted after that got cut out by defenders. Yes i agree the ref/assistats were woeful but to be honest i still don't think its right letting Germans take charge of an English game just my opinion because if i was a German i would still be bitter about the past and im not talking about football. For me at the moment we have a Capdevilla type situation with Glen Johnson in that at the moment we have no other class full backs so he gets on in the team without a fight and their is no way he is good enough for International football. Also for me Barry is not good enough for England, i would have rather started Wilshere along side Gerrard yesterday Barry has no pace and gives the ball away countless number of times. Although i will say i was hugely impressed with Rio at the back and can't wait until we have a Rio, JT partnership at the back again.

A few things to ponder that maybe this wasen't as bad as it looked, Montenegro since their arrival to the International stage in 2007 has risen from 200th - 40th in the world rankings so they are a team on the up. Also their manager Kranjcar has not lost a qualifier as a National manager which after last night now stands at 14games.

Back