England squad to face Montenegro & U21's to face Romania

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Fulham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 228
  • Views Views 13K
Yes i agree the ref/assistats were woeful but to be honest i still don't think its right letting Germans take charge of an English game just my opinion because if i was a German i would still be bitter about the past and im not talking about football.

How wrong you are.

Most Germans are embarrassed about World War 2.

A very poor generalisation which is not true.

How wrong you are.

Most Germans are embarrassed about World War 2.

A very poor generalisation which is not true.

Ok that aside, but even still their is no love loss between England and Germany simple as that. Its like letting a ref who supports Man City take charge of a Man Utd game.

Ok that aside, but even still their is no love loss between England and Germany simple as that. Its like letting a ref who supports Man City take charge of a Man Utd game.

I didn't think referee's had team of preference, I think you look too much into **** rumours and conspiracy theories?

i thought i would leave my comments for a day because i needed to get this off my mind asap. Look its not that the draw was dissapointing its the fact we had limited shots and tried the same thing time and time again and i said to my brother (who was watching the game with me) after about 20 minutes that we seem out of ideas already. And i can say 2 things why this is true, Rooney was inaffective so he starts to come deeper to get the ball to try and get into the game but that takes away what he could give you in the final 3rd because he is playing almost as a centre midfielder. And another point is that all Gerrard kept doing was trying long hollywood through balls and i believe im right in saying that only 2 got through/close to England players, once to Young and once to Crouch but everyone he attepted after that got cut out by defenders. Yes i agree the ref/assistats were woeful but to be honest i still don't think its right letting Germans take charge of an English game just my opinion because if i was a German i would still be bitter about the past and im not talking about football. For me at the moment we have a Capdevilla type situation with Glen Johnson in that at the moment we have no other class full backs so he gets on in the team without a fight and their is no way he is good enough for International football. Also for me Barry is not good enough for England, i would have rather started Wilshere along side Gerrard yesterday Barry has no pace and gives the ball away countless number of times. Although i will say i was hugely impressed with Rio at the back and can't wait until we have a Rio, JT partnership at the back again.

A few things to ponder that maybe this wasen't as bad as it looked, Montenegro since their arrival to the International stage in 2007 has risen from 200th - 40th in the world rankings so they are a team on the up. Also their manager Kranjcar has not lost a qualifier as a National manager which after last night now stands at 14games.

Firstly, in the words of Basel Faulty:

"Don't mention the war"

In all seriousness though, you really show your maturity if you think:
a) Most Germans are still "bitter" about the war. They may be a proud nation, who isn't? But you really think that Germans don't think/know what Hitler did was wrong? And we're not still bitter about being trampled on by the Romans, 70 years, 2000 years, what's the difference?

b) A german official would be bias because he's "bitter" about Germany losing the war?? A seriously misguided view (and somewhat offensive to anyone German, massive assumption)

[Sorry for going off topic]

Back to the football: Didn't think Rio was that good, the tackle he made early on, diving in (and still losing the ball) made him look nervous, having not played at international level since South Africa... (Though Rio and JT could certainly do a job, having played so much together, we need to stop rotating our CBs, although we didn't have much choice last night)

Capedevilla is actually pretty solid IMO, Ramos is the one who gets forward all the time, he is more balanced from what i've seen, he must be doing something right to get the nod over Arbeloa who is playing LB for Madrid. (actually you said full backs, not LB's. So: Ramos, Azpillicueta, Puyol (Can play RB), Nacho Monreal are all pretty good.)

I do agree though, that Glen Johnson isn't good enough/playing well enough. He's very suspect defensively, and Micah Richards should get a chance, he's quick(er), and plays with Adam Johnson at Citeh.

Barry was poor last night, and during the WC, but we don't have anyone else who can be the water-carrier - Carrick isn't doing well enough, Parker isn't good enough, and as much as you love him, Jon Obi-Mikel is Nigerian. IMO playing Wilshere and Gerrard would be a mistake, unless we had Barry (or Hargreaves (A)) behind them. SG needs to get forward more, he made a couple of very good long passes, which he was praised for by Andy Townsend :@ but I agree, most of them weren't good enough (Though Crouch didn't do him any favours)

Also agree about Rooney, he dropped far too deep, and at one point, dropped right to the halfway line and played it long to Crouch, who then had no one to give it to should he have been able to hold it up (which he wasn't).

Since Kranjcar took over, they have:
Lost 2-1 to Macedonia
Lost 1-0 at Home to Albania :$
Lost 2-1 to Norway
Beaten NI 2-0 at Home (Y)
Beaten Wales 1-0 at Home (Y) - Through a Mirko Vucinic goal (who didn't play)
Beaten Bulgaria 1-0.
Beaten Switzerland 1-0 at Home - Through a Mirko Vucinic goal (who didn't play)

I give them credit for not conceding in their last 4 matches, but really, when you're playing those teams, with Mirko Vucinic, and Stevan Jovetic, you expect to get a result, and none of those teams are exactly potent attacking threats. (Wales lost to Bulgaria for crying out loud)

[No offence anyone Welsh/Bulgarian etc.]

His record is impressive, but not that good when you think about it. He has also only taken charge of seven games, not fourteen. (They also lost 4-1 to Bulgaria 7 qualifiers ago - Unless you're talking about Euro qualifiers, in which case you have to go back to uh.. never - Before this year, they've never played a European qualifier)

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

No it's not!

I didn't think referee's had team of preference, I think you look too much into **** rumours and conspiracy theories?

Its hard to understand why that penalty wasen't given thats all, ok maybe the ref didn't see it but it was right infront of the linesman. Look im just saying not every ref is 100% perfessional and go into games favouring sides its bound to happen.

Hmm, I did not watch the game last night. I've been reading through the comments and it would appear England were rather dismal. Can anyone sum it up for me?

Hmm, I did not watch the game last night. I've been reading through the comments and it would appear England were rather dismal. Can anyone sum it up for me?

Ran out of ideas after 20minutes mate, Gerrard kept trying long through balls and it didin't work. We can't break down teams that look to play for a draw.

Back