England Story - Have your say and lead England to Glory! (hopefully!)

What Formation Should England Play?

• 4-4-2 (flat)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-4-2 diamond

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 4-2-3-1

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • 3-5-2

• 4-3-3

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 5-4-1

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wayne Rooney named as new England captain

wayne-rooney-england-germany_3148147.jpg

Wayne Rooney: Takes the armband permanently

Wayne Rooney has been named England's new captain by the England Fans.
Rooney was recently appointed Manchester United's new skipper by boss Louis van Gaal and had been widely tipped to take the armband for country as well as club.

Steven Gerrard relinquished the role when he announced his retirement from international duty in the aftermath of England’s disappointing World Cup campaign in Brazil.

Henderson will be vice captain.

Our 1st line up! We play Ecuador in a friendly I'll be posting extended minute by minute reports!

Do we want rooney playing behind the striker or upfront on his own?

We happy with the line up? any comments about positions, players tactics whatever post I want your input

View attachment 236423

And were off!

Ecuador start the match long ball finds cahill
clears, sterling collects passes to rooney on the right, plays it forward to welbeck, turns, holds off the challenge from erazo and fires it from long range he must be 30 yards out!

beats the keeper... OOH off the bar what a start to the match! 24 seconds gone! cleared.

13mins: Paredes throw back to gruezo to noboa who holds the off the challenge from henderson, low pass down the right wing to paredes who is tackled by shaw cleared...

saritama collects the ball deep into our half of the left hand side, passes to Guerrero who plays the ball forward to Enner valencia who runs past cahill he's through on goal ... GOAL 1-0 Ecuador

No Goal! Offside the whistle had already gone lucky lol 0-0

15mins: walker throw in finds hendo across to walcott, up to rooney on the right side of the box shoots at a tight angle cleared away. valencia collects runs at the defence, cahill stops and clears.

16mins valencia shot forces a corner, headed over

18mins: walker gr8 tackle wins the ball, rooney passes it back to walker on the right who has pushed forward cross comes in WELBECK...
bah just over

22mins: shaw, throw in welbeck, back to shaw, cross to walcott... GOOOAAAALLLLL theo scores off the underside off the bar gr8 header gr8 assist by shaw 1-0!

30mins: Rooney freekick... the crowd watch silently Rooney runs up shoots! parried by the keeper its there for the rebound surely JAGIELKA!!!! easy tap-in 2-0!!!

the crowd roars!!

England till I die,
I'm England till I die,
I know I am I'm sure I am,
I'm England till i die...

34mins: throw in, valencia tackled by shaw noboa now, up to A, valencia on the right, another gr8 sliding by shaw sadly E,valencia picks up the ball, good forward pass to Guerrero this is gonna test us he shoots... poor effort easy save by ruddy helds on it to aswell.

37mins: long ball E, valencia collects running at the defence on his own 4 defenders marking him!
View attachment 236417

runs forward going right wilshere marking him (last guy on right) he gets an outrageous shot off... close just wide.

40mins: throw in deep in our half, picks out Noboa shoots brilliant goal noone marking him! 20 yard hit. 2-1

rooney looks fatigued...

sterling on the left poor pass intercepted

erazo long ball cahill heads to wilshere now up to rooney forward ball to welbeck ooh intercepted... cleared, shaw high ball to sterling finds rooney henderson, pushing forward cuts inside HENDO easy save did well though untill the finish...

42 minutes gone welbeck now up to rooney one on one with the keeper! good save.

corner rooney takes it, cleared cahill couldn't quite get to it. walker slides in on Guerro good tackle.

View attachment 236412

Last edited:
so half time Wayne and shaw are looking uninterested while theo is the man of the match so far. Not happy with the new captain uninterested and tired already! taking him off on comes ross barkley

well apparently the second half must have been a bit dull put it to key 1st highlight is 69mins in! I take off wilshere and welbeck Jack 6.4 danny 6.3 delph and austin come on.

Jagielka having a good game 8.3 avg rating atm

long ball again guess who? Jagielka collects passes to walker long ball to walcott its too much even for walcotts speed. nobao now finds valencia now saritama passing it around nicely valencia again running at us caicedo now closing in on goal VALENCIA SAVED!!! FALLS TO VALENCIA THE OTHER ONE OMG IS IT IN? RUDDY HAS GOT A HAND TO IT ITS ON THE LINE CAHILL AND THE OTHER VALENCIA ARE GOING FOR IT GOAL? noooooo cahill own goal cant blame him though that was crazy!
2-2

freekick just outside the box but its far on the left sterling to cross UNBELIEVABLE THEO WALCOTT! another header! noooo offside :(

76mins off comes sterling 6.5avg rating 72% havent seen much from him tbh on comes lallana

85 mins Jagielka passes through to delph, low pass to barkley, runs, tackle comes in he skips past what on earth he's taken a ****** shot! he must be 40 yards out... yea that wasn't happening lol what the **** is that! why would he shoot from there well wide be honest how many of you thought he was gonna score xD

there's the whistle 2-2 FT I tell the lads they were unlucky morale improves but it' still terrible there not happy were in charge!

POM was Jagielka 8.3 avg rating didnt put a foot wrong from what I saw henderson and theo also played very well with welbeck who was the worst player for us looks uninterested and played very poor one to drop perhaps?

30 shots 10 on target 53% possession wilshere after the game sees the draw as a good result early days.

Oh lol my bad the 1st squad I have picked is for the 1st competitive match aswell never mind.

Next decision folks Jones is out Injured sprained wrist we need a replacement.

We have Stones young talented has played 3 games so far for everton average rating 8.83!!!

Shawcross 3 games played 6.7

Caulker 5 games played 8.3 but he is in the championship oh lol i didnt realise I have LFC marshall's summer update on **** never mind

there's also chambers but he hasnt played yet

gotta be stones surely?

Last edited:
what do we think of these match updates too much too little? more screenshots? or uploaded games let me know people!

So next match is our first competitve match agaisnt Slovenia who do we want starting?

in terms of club form atm Austin, rooney baines and ruddy are all doing really well 7.7 and above Lallana (hasnt played) welbeck and kyle walker very poor 6.5 and below

But walker played well in our match so...

im thinking maybe switch austin for welbeck and keep the same? sturridge has just gotten back to full fitness also a possibility

Taking Znik's advice I start with austin upfront Stones comes in to

replace Jones and Jaieglka (also injuired) see how we did!

[video=youtube;9ldDfnwzqd0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ldDfnwzqd0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Austin gets injured for 2 months =( on the plus side we are now ranked 11th one up from 12th

Next up Lithuania so we need a decision people who to put in who to put out

So we need a replacement for austin either

Kane 6 games 1 goal avg rating 6.64 ooh err
Berahino 6 games 4 goals avg rating 6.98
Dwight gayle as suggested avg rating 2 games 0 goals avg 6.4
danny Ings 1 games 0 goals 6.4
andy carroll 6 games 2 goals 6.72
Jay rodriguez 6 games 0 goals 2 6.9

we need a decision on RB
keep walker good 4 england 6.85 but poor for club 8 appearances 6.43
replace with:
clyne 6 games 2 goals 7.38!
trippier 2 apps avg 6.35
wisdom 2 app avg 6.5

and do we bring in chamberlain if so for who?

Current Squad

Foster Hart Ruddy

Baines Cahill Jagielka Jones Shaw Stones Walker

Barkley Delph Henderson Lallana Milner Sterling Wilshere Young

Kane Rooney Sturridge Walcott Welbeck

also keep wayne behind striker or upfront?

If you watched the match how did u find speed? too slow? also do we want sound i could commentate if people want let me know!

For those of who u cant watch the match SPOILER ALERT...

2-0 win theo and sterling scoring wilshere played poor

Last edited:
Get Berahino instead of Austin, Clyne instead of Walker and AOC instead of Delph. That's my opinion.

Get Berahino instead of Austin, Clyne instead of Walker and AOC instead of Delph. That's my opinion.

cheers m8

I defo agree with you on berahino and clyne personally I think AOC should come in for young but this is why im doing this i want everyone's input to see the most votes to decide what to do going forward

did u watch the video or would u prefer shorter match reviews like a text thingy?

could we have the text reviews and can we have another squad for the next friendly:
Butland(stoke) Hart(man c) Forster(soton)

Baines
Stones Jagielka(all everton) Shaw Jones(man u) Clyne

AOC(ars) Delph(man c) Henderson Lallana(liverpool) Hughes(derby) Sterling(man c) Wilshere(ars) Young(Man u)

Kane Rooney Sturridge Walcott Berahino Gayle

happy to do text reviews and ill look to bring in as many of your picks as I can

cheers!

Can you re-open the poll for the mandatory English team link?

[video=youtube;v7hEqCdAwjs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7hEqCdAwjs[/video]

kidding of course, looking forward to reading more on this :)

Can you re-open the poll for the mandatory English team link?

[video=youtube;v7hEqCdAwjs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7hEqCdAwjs[/video]

kidding of course, lookoing forward to reading more on this :)

lmao xD brilliant

The Fans have spoken!

Ok so squad for the next two qualifiers are

Foster Hart Ruddy

Baines Cahill Clyne Jaigelka Jones Shaw Stones

Barkley Henderson Hughes Lallana Milner AOC Sterling Wilshere

Berahino Gayle Rooney Sturridge Walcott

oh guys look what you did lol

View attachment 236148

Last edited:
BBC Radio 5 Live chose the main focal point of the press conference with journalist Reece Gerrard asking, "You have announced a squad with just an average age of 24 some pundits and fans (err you sure about that!) they believe that such a young national team can never hope to succeed. What do you make of these criticisms?

"I see their youth as an asset. There is no reason why they cant win things"

"Can you tell us your starting line up?"

" Hart hasnt returned to full fitness so Ruddy will be starting, Baines is back and will take his place at left back with cahill and Jagielka pairing and clyne on the right. Will hughes is due to get his first cap replacing the disappointing wilshere with henderson pairing then sterling on the left berahino just behind rooney with theo on the right"

3mins: sterling's on the ball dribbles and strikes at goal! blocked and cleared

6mins: shot wide by sterling

11mins: cahill intercepts clears it, they play it back to keeper who lofts it forward novikovas colelcts baines tackles finds walcott on the right his ambitious ball means england lose possision. a few more passes rooney shoots! over the bar

16mins: cahill to hughes up to berahino across to sterling back to berahino back to hughes hits a nice pass to baines on the left who crosses it in to find rooney another shot blocked

22: great save by ruddy! corner jagielka clears solid header throw in

26: baines corner ... and cleared baines again cross comes in ROONEY! off the bar nooo

29: berahino loses it to silva henderson colects back to berahino long shot ... well wide

34: clyne throw, walcott berahino shoots! good save corner, baines with it now poor corner easy clearance fallas to berahino now clyne back up to baines shoots! just over

37: england corner cleared sterling cross comes in cahill just wide ugh so many corners anyone know a good tactic?

43: rooney gd pass to berahino across to baines cross comes in clears falls to walcott shoots blocked and cleared again

45: hughes berahino gr8 pass to ROONEY!!!! goooal 1-0!

HT Rooney again is fatigued he comes off for sturridge

46: ruddy long ball to sterling on the left dribbles past one finds berahino across to walcott whose in the box shoots blocked.

49: henderson solid tackle runs at the defence back to berahino shoots good effort but saved ... cleared

50: baines throw to berahinio across to henderson up to sturridge! saved again and cleared

52: sterling found sturridge whose in the box shoots! corner corner falls to sturridge up to jaielgka across to walcott loses it

53: corner to england baines tries and in swinging corner finds sturridge with the header ... over

54: henderson on the ball bursting forward finds sturridge shoots over! lots of shots no finsh

58: still 1-0 there on the attack now on the right cahill intercepts another player finds it ... easy save for ruddy

59: long ball to henderson across to sturridge shoots from long range keeper parries sterling picks up the losse ball in the box... picks out walcott on the other side... GOAL!!!! 2-0

ok lol hands getting tired might do these on key from now on xD

I bring on stones and shaw for the fatigued cahill and baines

67: clyne throw walcott cross blocked falls to clyne foul on sturridge peno

bah i just took bainess off!

whose taking it? jagielka! jesus... this oughta be good whats his stats? peno 14 huh not bad

amazin peno top right corner 3-0!

theo gets an injury and has to come off no subs... berahino goes on the right and we go counter attacking

FT 3-0 :) Who says you cant win anything with kids eh?

Forgot to mention

Will hughes avg 8

clyne avg 8

berahino avg 7.9

good shouts guys!

who u want starting/ dropped next match? were now ranked 10th!

ok barkley's out for this match theo, raheem and hughes all need a rest

so atm this is the starting line up:

Hart (back and fit now)
Clyne
Jagielka
Cahill
Baines
Deep lying playmer
Henderson
inside forward
berahino
winger
Rooney

ok so we have a number of options we can tell the tired lads to suck it up and play

we can put AOC on the left with Lallana on the right

or drop rooney into the shadow striker and either stick berahino upfront or on the right to give sturridge or gayle a place in the line up

or stick sturridge on the right or left

we also need a pairing for henderson

so tired will hughes, wilshere or milner whose yet to play for me

in terms of club form lallana has still yet to play! ooh er might have to drop him next time
AOC has done well milner's doing ok wilshere's done slightly better than milner

so who do we want starting let me know!

Hart (back and fit now)
Clyne
Jagielka
Cahill
Baines
Wilshere
Henderson
AOC
berahino/Gayle
Lallana/Milner
Rooney

Taking Mashed Potato's advice we start with

View attachment 236016

Estonia Kick off!

2mins: a few nice passes by Estonia picks out the striker GOAL! Awful start decent effort … phew! Offside

6mins: there all over us anier to lindpere cahill intercepts anier finds himself with the ball in the box GOAL 1-0 down =(

19mins: hendo up to clyne on the right cross comes in, rooney header … saved

20mins: wilshere up to chamberlin just outside the box shoots! GOAL in off the post gr8 goal 1-1

21mins: we kick off quickly a few nice passes chamberlin… surely not nope just over

27: freekick to them drifts in picks out tamm poor marking by wilshere GOAL 2-1 what is happening!

29: jagielka hart lallana rooney chamberlin tackle comes in we lose possesion anier long effort well wide

43: another drifiting freekick cleared this time falls to rooney who runs and runs all the way deep into the oppositions half on the right hand side crosses to lallana finds baines back to lallana to wilshere now back to cahill on the half way line long ball to chamberlin keeper comes out chamberlin wins the header falls to HENDERSON Open goal! On the Volley HE’S MISSED IT! Argh!

Half Time tactic change? Gonna give them **** in the dressing room!

I tell them lads to show some desire hendo and baines respond well while hart switches off and starts to wash his hair xD
Kick off no tactic change atm

50: Wilshire chamberlin runs 20 yards straight at the defence holds the man off shoots wins a corner playing very well
Baines corner nobody gets to it

59min Estonia corner cleared they win it back finds apier shoots saved clyne collects time for a sub ok

Clyne’s on a yellow as is cahill and both look a bit tired rooney’s being **** as always whats with him!
Reluctantly I decide to keep wayne on I take off milner push wayne to no.10 chamberlin on the right and sturridge up front and bring cahill off for stones

71: still no change chamberlin now beats his man runs crosses in twice first one blocked comes to nothing clyne now another cross cant find sturridge decides to pass to wilshere who plays it up to Henderson who picks out sturridge… come on! Shoots! Parried rebound available lallana picks it up he’s got a very tight angle brings it forward he’s so close to the goal! Shoots parried shoots again! Parried argh! Brings the ball back HE GOES DOWN PENALTY? YES! GIVEN COME ON!!!

73 peno apparently it’s a harsh decision bah whateva… baines to take yes! Good peno keeper dived the right way baines hits it to his right good stuff

75 2-2 one more sub left shaw comes on for baines

80 clyne throw in about halfway between their goal and half way line up to rooney straight down the line he has a man on him what can he do?

Back to clyne whose in space now long cross again gotta change this too many long balls! Looks for lallana fails cleared back to clyne ha!

Up to chamberlin crosses to sturridge who gets a foot on it….

Saved ugh gr8 save

Hmph 2-2 FT we were away but still… so whose to blame?

Well these high crosses have gotta stop

Milner was the worst player on the pitch today and for the life of me I cannot seem to do anything with wayne! Chamberlin was our player of the match gr8 call mashed potato

Just seen the stats ok not so bad 40 shots (15 on target) to their 6 … 56% possession

To the tactics board! It’s on low crosses so not sure what to do there on player instructions I take off shoot more often and I make a new tactic for corners hopefully that will help!