England Story - Have your say and lead England to Glory! (hopefully!)

What Formation Should England Play?

• 4-4-2 (flat)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-4-2 diamond

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 4-2-3-1

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • 3-5-2

• 4-3-3

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 5-4-1

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sturridge injured for 3months

also thinking I might watch the game from now on and just summarise what you think? or do we like the minute by minute key analysis?

KeyAnalysis is better .
Instead of Milner, bring in Rodriguez (southampton) and bench rooney for the next game bring kane in for sturridge

next up is san marino so might be best to do a full rotation bleed in the youngsters

Yeah, let the U21s play against San Marino. And if they embarass themselves and don't win anyway, it will at least make for some interesting headlines the next day... :p

Ok folks doing the san marino match as we speak heres the line up:

Baines had to start as shaw was injured ive got berahino and gayle on the bench and want to see what they can do

tbh gayle hasnt done paticularly well so far neither in club or for england and his stats arent that good either make or break time for him unless you guys disagree!

View attachment 235915

and we Kick off!

21mins: Freekick to San marino i reckon hes about 30 yards out Veronesi to take whoever that is xD
plays it short to battistini he panicks and runs backwards as ward prowse and chamberlin chase him down plays it back to defence on the left hand side. He passes it short there on the halfway line now in the centre with the centre back on the ball. Barkley comes in for a tackle... wins it now then he might have a chance here...

View attachment 235914

He runs... and runs sliding tackle comes in outside of the box loses it :(

walcott collects cross comes in kane shoots blocked cleared stones collects the loss ball plays it simple to baines long ball to kane

walcott now on the right cross comes in CHAMBERLIN!!!! easy tap in for him on the volley 1-0

23: san marino restart the match... stones now to chamberlin runs up the pitch does very well picks out barkley across to walcott GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL terrible keeping beaten by his near post 2-0

26: Baines to kane inside the box across to barkley good tackle comes in walcott inside the box crosses it in.... CHAMBERLIN! how good is this kid? solid header 3-0

35: baines throw deep in their half kane ... cleared finds iot self back to baines cross comes in GOAL! Harry Kane this time almost identical to the second goal easy volley 4-0 :)

45: Jones wins possesion ward-prowse to hughes across to baines on the left in space cross KANE! hits the bar! cleared for a corner! nothing comes of it HT

View attachment 235911

Marino Kick off!

58: time for some subs so then on come Gayle and Berahino lets see what they can do
Clyne throw to ward-prowse cross finds walcott CHAMBERLIN IN SO MUCH SPACE you know what SCREENSHOT!!

I think he might score this xD

View attachment 235908

Of course he does!

Chamberlain Chamberlain
CHAMBERLAIN!!!

took a touch and slots hit home on the right!

ok apparently players have switched off haha no more highlights other than a red card to them in the 88th minute

good result berahino and gayle didnt do much gayle was poor even in his short time I want him out if you guys agree!

Chamberlin was of course MOM barkley did well to which begs the question should rooney even be in this side? at least 1st choice bah who decided we should have kept him captain :D

Morale is very high at the minute which is nice oh we have a friendly agaisnt mexico had no idea (same week after san marino match)

Ok so chambelain, walcott, clyne, ward prowse and hughes have all been told to play 45minutes only

oh well i feel kinda guilty about this now but well rooney's injured for 2 months so he wont be playing oh! for ***** sake

Sterling injured for 2 months and Jones for 1 month argh!

Now usually I would ask for input right about now however with the injuries, restrictions and players needing a rest the line up is a given so we play!

Hart in Goal

Baines Jagielka Cahill Stones

Milner Henderson

Lallana Barkley Berahino

Kane

Last edited:
Ok so mexico are playing with the weirdest line up I've ever seen on fm

one sweeper two centre backs two wing backs 3 central mid fielders and two strikers!

Ok so they kick off!

they start with a few nice passes before it fades away into the simulation xD

7mins: Baines with the corner corner comes in Arajo beats cahill to the header dominguez picks up the lose ball oh heck he keeps running he's going all the way! omg hes in the box he kinda stops hart comes out he plays it across oh no only one outcome Herrea scores ... he ran like the entire pitch there!

ok apparently this is a **** game HT

Berahino on the right does well to win a corner

55: osorino throw in gives it away only for baines to give it away only for herrera to give it away only for henderson to lose WTF!!

shot on goal somehow sorry missed the buld up corner to them

cleared

ugh this game sucks so few highlights 20minutes left wanted to rest these guys but bah its only 20 minutes im gonna bring

him on

CHAMBERLAIN!

I've got a man crush on this kid now xD

View attachment 235899

even he cant save us... one more highlight game over... we had more shots and more posession just it was a weakened side but yea not gr8

128 days to our next match!

so for you guys like 10minutes :p

another time for reflection how are we liking this?

want a different format? more screenshots more anaylsis more info? any comments/suggestions whateva post it on the thread!

So Chamberlain moved to chelsea for 15m...

Caulker has gone to Liverpool 14m along with austin for 10m

and ben foster has the most clean sheets in the prem!

Joe hart has lost his place to Caballero which begs the question should he be no.1?

Switzerland!

ok these guys are top of the group tied with us and were going to need our best squad and line up to beat them

So then the last squad was this:

Foster Hart Ruddy

Baines Cahill Clyne Jagielka Jones Shaw Stones

Barkley Henderson Hughes Lallana Milner Chamberlain Sterling Ward-prowse

Berahino Gayle Kane Rooney Walcott

so 1st off if anyone suggests to drop chamberlain ... grrrr :p

Ok I think Fraser Foster should come in for Ruddy he's having a much better season

in terms of defenders cresswell is playing amazingly 7.55! but we do have shaw and baines who are also playing just as well 7.5+

Wisdom and Chambers are having really good seasons too which is good to know while there are still some other contenders such as shawcross and caulker

In Midfield Jack is back and fit and playing well noone else really deserves a mention on form

and up front Welbeck has 15 goals so far in all competitions compared to sturridge's 7 and rodriguez's 5

so we need out best squad this time Im thinking we bring whilshere back in and swap gayle out for sturridge or welbeck maybe both and take out berahino aswell?

thoughts fans?

on a side note 29 likes and over 1000 hits!
:wub: :D

Last edited:
Drop shaw and baines...call up Danny Rose (Spurs fan ;))

haha I'll check his form for you m8 in return load up the new save ;)

lmao he's injured 22 apps 6.77 im supposed to be lead by the fans but in this case gonna over rule you haha

haha I'll check his form for you m8 in return load up the new save ;)

lmao he's injured 22 apps 6.77 im supposed to be lead by the fans but in this case gonna over rule you haha

****, forgot to upload that. Will do now and link it in the next hour.

Foster Hart

Wilshere Barkley Henderson Hughes Lallana Nolan* Chamberlain Sterling Ward-prowse

Welbeck Kane Rooney Walcott Rodriguez*

Just want to see if he adapts to playing for england

Foster Hart

Wilshere Barkley Henderson Hughes Lallana Nolan* Chamberlain Sterling Ward-prowse

Welbeck Kane Rooney Walcott Rodriguez*

Just want to see if he adapts to playing for england

you want kevin nolan in the squad? are you sure mate his forms not great he's 32 and well he's not that good! :p

on a side note are people still interested in this? as its only mashed potato (thanks!) posting

cheers

So Decided to change this slightly as noone's really responding other than mashed potato.

I'm gonna turn this from have your say into an England story when I get to a tournament if people want to have a say then go 4 it untill now then though enjoy reading!

View attachment 235172

Our hardest competitor of the group I shouldn't have worried though great performance with Sturridge getting his hat-trick!

View attachment 235170