England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Yeah-suspect it's nothing more than a blip. He looked good though working with Lambert. And he had the glint in his eye aswell

Im not as confident in Rooney as i once was for England and i think we look better without him on the pitch recently BUT i would love to be proved wrong, because an on form Rooney is our best player

Im not as confident in Rooney as i once was for England and i think we look better without him on the pitch recently BUT i would love to be proved wrong, because an on form Rooney is our best player

God yeah. When he's on form you just don't want to be an opposing player-he'll just embarrass you. Thing is though, half the time is Rooney off form-or is he just being marked/crowded out the game? I mean yes players do have poor games regardless of quality, but if you take away their supply lines, mark them out the game etc, you lose that player you depend on so badly and the rest of the players suffer, and look for alternatives. And we don't really have the greatest alternatives (and that's no disrespect to the youngsters either-they're still learning and are still pretty raw)

God yeah. When he's on form you just don't want to be an opposing player-he'll just embarrass you. Thing is though, half the time is Rooney off form-or is he just being marked/crowded out the game? I mean yes players do have poor games regardless of quality, but if you take away their supply lines, mark them out the game etc, you lose that player you depend on so badly and the rest of the players suffer, and look for alternatives. And we don't really have the greatest alternatives (and that's no disrespect to the youngsters either-they're still learning and are still pretty raw)

I agree completely.. perhaps the relaxed attitude on Rooney may well bring out his best and teams may not try and make specific plans to counter him

Good test with the conditions tonight aswell. 32oC and humidity gone past 50%. Pretty yucky lol

ALOT Of stick for Glen Johnson from journalists and fans at the minute.. Is it just me or what has he done wrong?

Only thing i can remember is mis-controlling the ball out for a corner?

Weirdly enough, I think I'm more confident in Rooney in an England shirt than I have been for a long time. He'll do well I reckon, he's fit for an international competition for the first time in a while and the lowered expectations will suit him.

ALOT Of stick for Glen Johnson from journalists and fans at the minute.. Is it just me or what has he done wrong?

Only thing i can remember is mis-controlling the ball out for a corner?

Eh, everyone always scapegoats Johnson regardless of how he plays, unfortunately.

Weirdly enough, I think I'm more confident in Rooney in an England shirt than I have been for a long time. He'll do well I reckon, he's fit for an international competition for the first time in a while and the lowered expectations will suit him.

Eh, everyone always scapegoats Johnson regardless of how he plays, unfortunately.

Hopefully you'll be spot on regarding Rooney.

Im not being biased or naturally backing him due to LFC, he has been poor the last 6 months, but nothing has really happened in this game yet journalists such as Ollie Holt claim 'Johnson's performance is making James Milner look like Cafu'

Really?

Good call to halt the game. These storms can be absolutely deadly and there's no cover for the supporters. I've seen what happens when lightning hits the pitch

Games been delayed by 30 mins-confirmed by England security team.

Mother Nature you *****

Hopefully you'll be spot on regarding Rooney.

Im not being biased or naturally backing him due to LFC, he has been poor the last 6 months, but nothing has really happened in this game yet journalists such as Ollie Holt claim 'Johnson's performance is making James Milner look like Cafu'

Really?

Haha that's ridiculous. Johnson's not been good but he could literally sit down on the pitch and play Scrabble all game and he wouldn't be as bad as some are making out. Hope he scores, that'd shut people up.

Haha that's ridiculous. Johnson's not been good but he could literally sit down on the pitch and play Scrabble all game and he wouldn't be as bad as some are making out. Hope he scores, that'd shut people up.

It's been a completely average game from possibly every player, it's remarkable that when a player is out of form, even when they hardly do anything wrong they are still ridiculed

Welbeck has been really quiet since the restart, he was rather well before it.

Honduras realise it's a friendly don't they? It's like they're more intent on hurting players rather than playing football

Also after seeing some of the reffing decisions lately-I'm a bit worried. Hardly the best I've ever seen

This ref. Much inability. Such consistency. Wow.

Crock of **** (pardon my french)

I'm sorry, but that was just woeful. Just woeful.

Back