England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Sturridge cannot be played on the wings, it would be pointless... It is either up top or impact of the bench

Worrying thing is, no matter what the form of him or Rooney is, Rooney will always be picked ahead because Hodgson will not drop him

Yeh but most fans are just blaming Rooney for anything they possibly can. They forget he's in the top 5 of England's all time top goalscorers and also how important his goals were in the qualifying stages to actually get us to this World Cup anyway!

Rooney has had a good season... despite what people say who don't have a clue... he was the standout player for United in a very poor season.

Also he's only recently come back from an injury so them warm-up matches were more of him getting his fitness/condition back more than anything.. so why people keep judging him over that I just can't work it out.

All in all, Rooney shouldn't be a scapegoat... if he does perform badly against Italy than fair enough.. but I personally can't see why people keeping having a dig at him.. it won't help anyone by doing that.

Yeh but most fans are just blaming Rooney for anything they possibly can. They forget he's in the top 5 of England's all time top goalscorers and also how important his goals were in the qualifying stages to actually get us to this World Cup anyway!

Rooney has had a good season... despite what people say who don't have a clue... he was the standout player for United in a very poor season.

Also he's only recently come back from an injury so them warm-up matches were more of him getting his fitness/condition back more than anything.. so why people keep judging him over that I just can't work it out.

All in all, Rooney shouldn't be a scapegoat... if he does perform badly against Italy than fair enough.. but I personally can't see why people keeping having a dig at him.. it won't help anyone by doing that.

He's been dogshite in most international tournaments though and he's hardly in great form currently. I have no issues with him playing in warm up games to get fitness and his form going but he's hardly been showing much.

So close to the WC is it right to throw him out there against Italy instead of players who are arguable playing better just because of who he is.

He's been dogshite in most international tournaments though and he's hardly in great form currently. I have no issues with him playing in warm up games to get fitness and his form going but he's hardly been showing much.

So close to the WC is it right to throw him out there against Italy instead of players who are arguable playing better just because of who he is.

Yeh England in general has been rubbish over recent tournaments.... but the problem doesn't lie with Rooney does it? Our midfield has been **** poor so how is a forward player like Rooney meant to be good when there is very little supply.

If Sturridge misses 3 glaring chances like against Honduras it will be very costly.... I'd start Rooney over him if it was between the two to play there... vs Italy anyway.

Yeh England in general has been rubbish over recent tournaments.... but the problem doesn't lie with Rooney does it? Our midfield has been **** poor so how is a forward player like Rooney meant to be good when there is very little supply.

If Sturridge misses 3 glaring chances like against Honduras it will be very costly.... I'd start Rooney over him if it was between the two to play there... vs Italy anyway.

Never said the problem does lie with Rooney, just that currently for me at least Sturridge is the more in form striker. I expect Rooney to play though regardless of what happens.

Rooney hasn't performed in the big tournaments, most of his goals are against ****** teams, utd r ****, rooney is ****, smalling mugs the **** out of team along with milner!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rooney hasn't performed in the big tournaments, most of his goals are against ****** teams, utd r ****, rooney is ****, smalling mugs the **** out of team along with milner!

We need more people like this.

Nah im too fat & couldn't run the length of myself

Give us a number then lol

f92da6d4368b28df885524a55c3e170f2d993a2c1daf901dcacfd18a9bcf9ce3.jpg

I was thinking about that because the reports say Roy's planning to use Sterling in the hole. My thought was "who's going to be on the wings then?" The only thing I could think of is Rooney on the left and Milner on the right. Or Lallana, who for some reason I'd completely forgot until literally this minute. I now realise I overthought this for nothing. As I said, I seemed to think Rooney and Milner were the only cover we had for the wings. Duh.

Rooney stating Welbeck will be fit and I've got a feeling he will start if so..

Sterling - Rooney - Welbeck behind Sturridge potentially

Rooney stating Welbeck will be fit and I've got a feeling he will start if so..

Sterling - Rooney - Welbeck behind Sturridge potentially

I think Lallana is ahead of Sterling in the pecking order. But not sure whether it will be Welbeck or Sterling.. you're probably right with Welbeck.. the safer option.

I think Lallana is ahead of Sterling in the pecking order. But not sure whether it will be Welbeck or Sterling.. you're probably right with Welbeck.. the safer option.

I thought he was as well but seems to be a lot of praise coming from training. Roy and journalists have said he has been outstanding, makes me think he may start

Wow.... that Manaus pitch for England vs Italy is in a pretty **** state at the moment.... hope they get it sorted.

Jeeeeesssssuuuuuussssss the negativity towards England is laughable.... we haven't lost a competitive match under Hodgson unless you count penalties vs Italy.

I'm not saying we're world beaters or anything but seriously.... is there any other country at this World Cup to seriously fear? The answer is no... it's wide open.

Jeeeeesssssuuuuuussssss the negativity towards England is laughable.... we haven't lost a competitive match under Hodgson unless you count penalties vs Italy.

I'm not saying we're world beaters or anything but seriously.... is there any other country at this World Cup to seriously fear? The answer is no... it's wide open.

Your aware that joke is over 10 years old right?

Back