England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Good solid debut by Stones tonight. Jones has looked so much more composed and better than Cahill tonight.

Think we have to start with the diamond against Switzerland on Monday, but it is a game i am not particularly confident about

They've got to stop playing these friendlies on a Wednesday: cuts into prime Bake Off time...

I like how after a game where England play poorly, there's about ten pages of moaning, and when we get a promising win literally nothing gets posted at all. :D

I like how after a game where England play poorly, there's about ten pages of moaning, and when we get a promising win literally nothing gets posted at all. :D

Fair play to Hodgson and England tonight - a very promising performance and great result

Hope the diamond continues because it is by far the best formation for the current crop of players

Cause we likes to do the moanz lol

Fair play to Hodgson and England tonight - a very promising performance and great result

Hope the diamond continues because it is by far the best formation for the current crop of players

I have my doubts, actually. Much as it suits our players, the diamond hasn't been played successfully at international level since... well, arguably 1966. Moreover, Wilshere as a holding midfielder is asking for trouble (the good defensive work rate of Delph and Henderson notwithstanding) and we need to play two proper modern fullbacks to make it work, not a converted centre back, good as he is.

its a start, but to make the diamond work we're going to need a lot of work and perhaps a bit of luck.

The way ManU kept scoring, I found, was quite detrimental to QPRs chances of stealing a point... :(

Can see some injuries tonight! Will go for 8-0 both STRs to get hat trick each. Henderson,Sterling to get 1 a piece.

Back