England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Naah, Quarters at best IMO.

Dunno'. I'd give you every chance the quarters against Hungary/ Sweden or Belgium. Hungary and Sweden you shouldn't fear and Belgium are Belgium. A collection of talented individuals but often not a team.

Outstanding chance to go far whichever the way the draw has fallen.

*Edit* TOTALLY forgetting Ireland. That could be a battle and a half. Maybe both Irelands in two successive rounds. That be fun for yer.

Last edited:
Another Slovakia/Wales type test awaits, I'll take Iceland in last 16, **** who wouldn't, but we need to get an early goal or else things will get nervy quickly.

You could just imagine the meltdown if England failed to beat the Icelandic minnows. The press would absolutely crucify them.

Need to match them for effort as the Icelandic work rate and organisation has been outstanding every game I've seen. Real togetherness that squad and they're just enjoying every moment of this once in a lifetime experience for them. Three of them charging up the other end on the breakaway the 93rd minute today for the winner.

You could just imagine the meltdown if England failed to beat the Icelandic minnows. The press would absolutely crucify them.

Need to match them for effort as the Icelandic work rate and organisation has been outstanding every game I've seen. Real togetherness that squad and they're just enjoying every moment of this once in a lifetime experience for them. Three of them charging up the other end on the breakaway the 93rd minute today for the winner.

True, thing is I'm sure Iceland beat Holland in qualifiers to get here, drawn with Portugal and Austria who are known as good teams.

If we get an early goal I can see us winning comfortably but if we don't, whole different story. All about that first goal this game.

Englands worst two players thus far, Kane and Sterling back? Lallana, England's most consistent player this tournament that's not a RB, benched?

Hodgson is a genius!

Englands worst two players thus far, Kane and Sterling back? Lallana, England's most consistent player this tournament that's not a RB, benched?

Hodgson is a genius!

i would have accepted it if it meant 2 up front but it doesn't, it means Sturridge wide right!!!!

Got a real gut feeling for Iceland. They've just been so well organised and nobody's worked harder all tournament. Love the fairytale to continue.

On the flip side, I'm not sure if the English population could cope with the media lead breakdown that would follow going out to such minnows.

This could be a night.

Might cause a bit of confusion with English fans shouting "Go on my son".

Hannes Thor Halldorsson
Birkir Mar Saevarsson
Kari Arnason
Ragnar Sigurdsson
Ari Freyr Skulason
Johann Berg Gudmundsson
Aron Gunnarsson (c)
Gylfi Sigurdsson
Birkir Bjarnason
Kolbeinn Sigthorsson
Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

Got a real gut feeling for Iceland. They've just been so well organised and nobody's worked harder all tournament. Love the fairytale to continue.

On the flip side, I'm not sure if the English population could cope with the media lead breakdown that would follow going out to such minnows.

This could be a night.
god only knows what the **** would go down if we do go out

This could be a night.

I just need a Iceland goal for cash based fantasy football mini league be quite happy with that

This could be a night.

Bout time they realized, they are one of the minnows nowadays :lol.

had a cheeky 5er on Sturridge first goal and 3-0 at 22-1, realistically should be beating this Iceland team by that amount, however this is England we are talking about so we will probably be going home on pens

On in the english press would you hear.

we can win this tournament, if we get past Iceland..... *****.

Good luck lads.

I took a risk on the team selection earlier today and went for Sturridge to score first and a 4-1 scoreline @125/1.
Stuck a fiver on it for the craic.

Good luck lads.

I took a risk on the team selection earlier today and went for Sturridge to score first and a 4-1 scoreline @125/1.
Stuck a fiver on it for the craic.

**** you Rooney!!! :@

Terrible defending from walker and think Hart could have been more assertive and maybe have come and claimed that although I only saw a replay so feel free to correct me anyone if I am being harsh

Back