England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Really?

First off I am not being an *** if I was you would know.

Secondly, I am not picking arbitary monikers that I am betting on being correct to make point. I watched Spurs alot becuase they are a good team to watch and Walker was excellent. I also use stats to back up my point, I don't see how Clyne is more consistent by virtue of playing more games, that is ridiculous.

Yes we don't agree and barring Pool fans I think everyone would want to see Walker in the team ahead of Clyne. The difference I am tryong to add substance to my point of view and not just saying I watched all his games ergo he was more consistent.

Fucksake, you try and have some proper debate and people just can't do it. Think what you want because frankly I cba

Dude, seriously, why the freaking attitude?

I'm trying to brush things off and your coming back like that each time? You think it's ridiculous. I think if a player get's far more rest than one who's playing almost solidly Saturday/ midweek/ Saturday then that weighs more in the laters favour. Which is fine. We disagree. But there's no need to start claiming some superior view because we disagree.

Chill out man. It's no biggie. It's Joe Allen appreciation day. Follow the bearded one's laid back view on things haha.

I have to agree with epic terrorist here. Scouse posted a graphic which quite obviously selectively presented stats to show that Clyne was the better player. Epic terrorist disproved that quite thoroughly imo by digging deeper and showing the other side of the coin. Now I am not statiscal expert who knows how to give all these statistics the proper contextual treatment they deserve and break this deadlock but I find that it is certainlys stretch to say that Clyne is better than Walker at this point.

Furthermore Scouse, you may have watched every LFC game and think Clyne is better and while I respect your opinion, did you watch every Spurs game as well? A team that incidentally nearly won the title with Walker playing nearly every game while Liverpool finished 8th. If not, how can you make a conclusive judgement on who is the better player when you only watch one player regularly who also happens to be from the team you support colouring you invariably with a little bias. Also while ability of player matters, it may simply be that Walker fits better into what Hodgson is trying to achieve with his tactics or maybe he has better chemistry with his defensive partners. There are so many factors that go into selecting a player instead of just ability alone.

I have tried to bold as good as I can but I am on the mobile so its not easy.

But it is this part here that people keep overlooking, tactically fullback is one of the most crucial positions on the pitch. The understanding the to Spurs fullbacks have with Dier and Alli and also to an extent Kane cannot be overestimated. You could see it in the two games how the 5 of them instinctively knew where each of them would be. That telepathic understanding is key at international level becuase most teams don't and can't have that.

I have tried to bold as good as I can but I am on the mobile so its not easy.

But it is this part here that people keep overlooking, tactically fullback is one of the most crucial positions on the pitch. The understanding the to Spurs fullbacks have with Dier and Alli and also to an extent Kane cannot be overestimated. You could see it in the two games how the 5 of them instinctively knew where each of them would be. That telepathic understanding is key at international level becuase most teams don't and can't have that.

Which I readily acknowledged two pages back. The club understanding.

But no biggie. This is past. There's football on now. Have a bevvy in the sun and enjoy. :).

..... I have no idea how these qualification rules work but what are Slovakia's chance of getting through now?

Northern Irelands loss has just guaranteed their progress.

Another display like the one against England and someone might offer even more for Skrtel with a bit of luck.

**** my prediction so far is bang on.. wish i made a bet.

2 draws, 1 win, Dele Ali sent off in the knockout game they lose... ****.

Looking worse and worse that England failed to win an easy group when you look at the other side of the draw.

Looking worse and worse that England failed to win an easy group when you look at the other side of the draw.

It doesn't really matter too much, you'd face difficult opponents anyway towards latter stages of the competition. Ok it would be nice to have Hungary or Iceland in last 16 but playing a team who won't sit deep and will attack us will actually be better for us. We might still lose but I'd rather see us against a team that gives it a go than a game against Iceland/Hungary where they jsut park the bus all game and then get a lucky goal on counter attack.

By the time you get to quarter finals you kind of expect that every opponent you face is a good one. So the team itself shouldn't matter too much.

From the Euros so far I'd say there really hasn't been a team that looks unbeatably good, Italy I suppose you could say but this team of theirs is very ordinary by the standards of the past.

I'd still much rather be in Wales side the draw the knockout's than England's. Fancying them for a semi slot as I type.

Even more so if Portugal don't win the group this teatime

I'd still much rather be in Wales side the draw the knockout's than England's. Fancying them for a semi slot as I type.

Even more so if Portugal don't win the group this teatime

I highly doubt Wales will make it to the semis, maybe quarters at best.

I would still be disappointed if we didn’t make the semis. We should beat whoever comes out off group F. Whichever team it is won’t be able to play for a draw like our last 3 opponents, making it more open and more suitable to our play. Most properly France then in the last 8 and they have looked very poor so far. Relied on moments of brilliants from there tops players to see them through so far and haven’t looked solid at the back against weaker teams. I think been in this side of the draw makes it easier for the players as if we were in the top side of the draw with the weaker teams the press would have us as winners already adding more pressure onto the players.

So as far as I can ascertain (which isn't easy when you sit and try go through the permutations), the only set of results that would have Portugal meeting England next would be for both Iceland and Portugal to win without Portugal getting a bigger win.

Which, zz's bullishness aside, England could well do without.

Phew. You got lucky. Iceland with a 93rd minute winner to face England Monday.

SURELY you can't mess that one up?

Phew. You got lucky. Iceland with a 93rd minute winner to face England Monday.

SURELY you can't mess that one up?

Another Slovakia/Wales type test awaits, I'll take Iceland in last 16, **** who wouldn't, but we need to get an early goal or else things will get nervy quickly.

Well that 93rd minute goal got England a better tie, but the ****** cost me 100 quid so mixed emotions right now.

Back