England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 362K
English neanderthals booing the knee.

Reason #9,046 to not have any interest in the National side.

It's almost as if to kneel while wearing the coat of arms has a certain meaning and everybody knew it's going to get booed the moment fans are allowed back on the grounds. I know for a fact our players were more than happy to join the English team in protest when we played at Wembley, but like, stand on your head against racism, do the moonwalk against racism, but kneeling isn't gonna happen, not when they are wearing the colors.

There was a year to figure out another way to protest that's more agreeable, inclusive, gets all the teams and fans involved in a real showcase of football community uniting against racism. Instead they've spent a year mindlessly parroting some American theatrics and now everybody acts surprised when they discovered it was never very popular.

It's almost as if to kneel while wearing the coat of arms has a certain meaning and everybody knew it's going to get booed the moment fans are allowed back on the grounds. I know for a fact our players were more than happy to join the English team in protest when we played at Wembley, but like, stand on your head against racism, do the moonwalk against racism, but kneeling isn't gonna happen, not when they are wearing the colors.

There was a year to figure out another way to protest that's more agreeable, inclusive, gets all the teams and fans involved in a real showcase of football community uniting against racism. Instead they've spent a year mindlessly parroting some American theatrics and now everybody acts surprised when they discovered it was never very popular.
I think you are giving the idiots who boo the kneeling a bit too much credit. You think they will understand the nuances of anything related to this issue. Not a chance. You only had to see what happened at Burnley during project restart back in the summer.

It’s precisely the fact it’s ‘never very popular’ with racists that that short, simple, yet wholly powerful gesture that intolerance is unacceptable, is as needed now as it ever was.

For when it comes to anyone booing the players using the platform they’ve been afforded for good, its ONLY those with racial prejudice doing that who don’t like people standing up, or in this case, kneeling down, to their Evil mindset.

You kind of know it's starting to wear a bit thin when even a well known black footballer (Zaha) refused to take a knee, preferring to 'stand tall' instead. Nothing is gained anymore by doing it, the point has been made and it's time to move on.

You kind of know it's starting to wear a bit thin when even a well known black footballer (Zaha) refused to take a knee, preferring to 'stand tall' instead. Nothing is gained anymore by doing it, the point has been made and it's time to move on.

He's quite entitled to his views. As are the majority of his peers who feel the need to continue there collective stance.

But 1 player's view doesn't detract from the vast majority view.

If the point had been made, there wouldn't need to be a reason to carry it on. The fact English fans booed there own team before a ball was even kicked yesterday , patently shows it hasn't been and there certainly IS a need to carry it on.

Sorry mate, I take complete exception to the line 'it's time to move on.' There's NO time limit on standing up to racism.

I think you are giving the idiots who boo the kneeling a bit too much credit. You think they will understand the nuances of anything related to this issue. Not a chance. You only had to see what happened at Burnley during project restart back in the summer.

Sure, but that works both ways. Unless you're telling me Pickford is this deep philosophical thinker who understands all the nuance when he's kneeling.

Truth is it was a powerful symbol at first, but after a year it's become weird, especially when you're hosting a foreign team. Whether the guests stand or kneel they end up making some sort of statement, and I guarantee you a player coming from Romania has even less idea about all the "nuance" involved.

Sure, but that works both ways. Unless you're telling me Pickford is this deep philosophical thinker who understands all the nuance when he's kneeling.

Truth is it was a powerful symbol at first, but after a year it's become weird, especially when you're hosting a foreign team. Whether the guests stand or kneel they end up making some sort of statement, and I guarantee you a player coming from Romania has even less idea about all the "nuance" involved.
I get where you're coming from but the way I see it is that if someone asks a question or perhaps a kid asks "oh hey why are they kneeling" it gives a great chance to educate them, whether that be somebody standing tall or taking a knee a question will be asked and it gives a great opportunity to educate someone. The neanderthals as scouse put it more kindly than I would believe me as someone who has had to deal with the kind of ****** all my life do not care if someone is kneeling or standing. At the end of the day its all about education and something that is so complex as racism that is a societal issue cannot be eradicated simply but if we can educate people one by one then that's all you can ask for.

@dilakh2

Really sorry to read that mate. I honestly never realised. I couldn't imagine walking a day in your shoes given the rabid, institutionalised racism in this God-forsaken country.

It honestly stagers me when footballers/ managers are killed telling people exactly why they continue to take the knee and just how important it is to them. Southgate and England's players yet again having to disgracefully explain themselves. To then have folk all over turn around and tell them it needs to end! .....

Like anyone has any right to dictate someone's emotions and how a collective feel about what is a minuscule part of every pre-match.

1623092551615.png

He's quite entitled to his views. As are the majority of his peers who feel the need to continue there collective stance.

But 1 player's view doesn't detract from the vast majority view.

If the point had been made, there wouldn't need to be a reason to carry it on. The fact English fans booed there own team before a ball was even kicked yesterday , patently shows it hasn't been and there certainly IS a need to carry it on.

Sorry mate, I take complete exception to the line 'it's time to move on.' There's NO time limit on standing up to racism.
You are right there is No time limit on standing up to racism or Homophobia or sexism but it is clear that the message the knee gesture is all about is not getting the point across, it no longer has the impact it had and the very fact that 'fans' were booing shows the message has been ignored. No amount of gestures by sports stars/actors etc will stop the abuse only education and zero tolerance measures on all sides can help reduce it.

You are right there is No time limit on standing up to racism or Homophobia or sexism but it is clear that the message the knee gesture is all about is not getting the point across, it no longer has the impact it had and the very fact that 'fans' were booing shows the message has been ignored. No amount of gestures by sports stars/actors etc will stop the abuse only education and zero tolerance measures on all sides can help reduce it.

With respect mate, the arrogance, and no less ignorance, in the above is mind blowing.

Aside from you answering your own point that the message needs reiterating until it gets through to the racists doing the booing, the players/ managers/ staff et al BELIEVE in what they are standing up for. And neither you, me nor anyone else has any right to tell them how they should feel and how they should make their own stand against the constant abuse many of them, or their colleagues, receive. More so I think they all should be applauded for using the unique platform they have to make their own, continued stand against this Evil.

It's not just a mere gesture. Or the HIGHLY insulting 'virtual signalling' **** that those with overt, racist tendency's so opposed to anyone standing up to them spew. It's a simple, silent symbol of solidarity against all forms of racial inequality and intolerance. And football players/ coaches/ staff , as a collective, feel the continued need to make that simple, but very profound, silent protest to continue to send out the message that they won't stand for it in our game. It's for others to educate and come down hard on those that refuse to be educated. The players are doing their bit in their own way.

You'd be totally wrong and no less insulting again if you honestly think it isn't appreciated and supported by decent minded supporters either.

I couldn't have been prouder the last game of the season when 10K fans in Anfield raucously applauded the players taking the knee. Because standing up to intolerance Is the RIGHT thing to do. However small it may appear. And the low life racists booing yesterday at the England game neither change that and show in glorious technicolour just WHY it's so important.

Now, more than ever, with the continued upsurge in online abuse the players are regularly receiving, their collective, wholly powerful, short pre-game message that intolerance WON’T be accepted, is needed and welcome.

For when you stop something and give in to the racists so angered and opposed by people standing up to them, you let the racists win.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Mooching round the net, THIS is exactly the type of ignorant, low life racist POS that the knee needs to remain against.

Where do you even begin with 'logic' like this? 🤦🏼‍♂️-

Wish I'd have heard the full show.

Lineker, as succinct and on point as ever-

And his BBC colleague nails it as well in response to the above-

Big sigh. I don't even understand the logic of listening to him rabble on and grasp at nothing. I prefer the straight-up racists who I can see with my own eyes than hidden snakes like this ***** who called up. I also made the mistake of looking at the twitter comments. smh.

Big sigh. I don't even understand the logic of listening to him rabble on and grasp at nothing. I prefer the straight-up racists who I can see with my own eyes than hidden snakes like this ***** who called up. I also made the mistake of looking at the twitter comments. smh.

That’s sadly this Country in a nutshell isn’t it?

People, from the openly racist Government on down, pretend it’s not a problem here and it’s all other Country’s issue.

When on a daily basis, this vailed prejudice is encountered by black people in all walks of life. The very worst form of institutionalised racism.

Not that it makes them any better, but at least America is up front with it’s blatant racism ills unlike the pretendy **** here that allows mentality’s like that, often in positions of power, to carry on their F up hate, whilst ‘pretending’ they aren’t,, with impunity.

I aren’t financially well off by any means. But I sure as heck benefite from ‘white privilage’ in my every day life down to the colour of my skin when which is one of the biggest indictments on Britain going.

@dilakh2 ..... or anyone else interested come to that .....

I've just watched the first 43 mins of a pod last night (forget it being a L'pool- centric podcast. The opening topic was general on the taking of the knee and broader answers in general to this continued, shameful blight on society), that I think you'll find an interesting watch.

An adult conversation of differing views (some of which I agreed with. Others not. But the overall premise I wholeheartedly do) which seemed appropriate to add to the discussion here-