England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 362K
With respect mate, the arrogance, and no less ignorance, in the above is mind blowing.

Aside from you answering your own point that the message needs reiterating until it gets through to the racists doing the booing, the players/ managers/ staff et al BELIEVE in what they are standing up for. And neither you, me nor anyone else has any right to tell them how they should feel and how they should make their own stand against the constant abuse many of them, or their colleagues, receive. More so I think they all should be applauded for using the unique platform they have to make their own, continued stand against this Evil.

It's not just a mere gesture. Or the HIGHLY insulting 'virtual signalling' **** that those with overt, racist tendency's so opposed to anyone standing up to them spew. It's a simple, silent symbol of solidarity against all forms of racial inequality and intolerance. And football players/ coaches/ staff , as a collective, feel the continued need to make that simple, but very profound, silent protest to continue to send out the message that they won't stand for it in our game. It's for others to educate and come down hard on those that refuse to be educated. The players are doing their bit in their own way.

You'd be totally wrong and no less insulting again if you honestly think it isn't appreciated and supported by decent minded supporters either.

I couldn't have been prouder the last game of the season when 10K fans in Anfield raucously applauded the players taking the knee. Because standing up to intolerance Is the RIGHT thing to do. However small it may appear. And the low life racists booing yesterday at the England game neither change that and show in glorious technicolour just WHY it's so important.

Now, more than ever, with the continued upsurge in online abuse the players are regularly receiving, their collective, wholly powerful, short pre-game message that intolerance WON’T be accepted, is needed and welcome.

For when you stop something and give in to the racists so angered and opposed by people standing up to them, you let the racists win.
So now Scouse you are discriminating against someone you don't know, yes that works both ways. You don't know me nor do you know my background to imply I'm arrogant and ignorant by my saying that the message is no longer working. I spent much of my life working with all types of minorities initially as a student teacher in schools with a large number of ethnic minorities and then in the Armed Forces working alongside all types of people and nationalities. I've seen the cost not just to myself but to others of discrimination be it verbal, physical or hidden. A gesture like the knee means nothing in the long term, yes high impact and a show of solidarity towards others but does it really educate those who don't want to look in to why it is taking place. No it doesn't.

So now Scouse you are discriminating against someone you don't know, yes that works both ways. You don't know me nor do you know my background to imply I'm arrogant and ignorant by my saying that the message is no longer working. I spent much of my life working with all types of minorities initially as a student teacher in schools with a large number of ethnic minorities and then in the Armed Forces working alongside all types of people and nationalities. I've seen the cost not just to myself but to others of discrimination be it verbal, physical or hidden. A gesture like the knee means nothing in the long term, yes high impact and a show of solidarity towards others but does it really educate those who don't want to look in to why it is taking place. No it doesn't.

Interesting view of being discriminated against you have going on there.

I know from what you wrote in your posts that it's arrogant and insulting to tell the players to stop standing up for what they believe in. Standing up to racial discrimination and wanting equality for all. You may not agree with them taking the knee. You may think it's a fruitless exercise. That's sound and your prerogative. Just as it's sound for someone like Zaha that you referenced to refrain from joining his colleagues. That's his choice.

But taking the knee is theirs. And they should be afforded the same respect.

For anyone to turn around and tell them to stop what they believe in, using the unique platform they've been given, is, IMHO. highly arrogant and insulting.

Sorry you both refuse to see that and madly try to justify it by saying you're being discriminated against for having it pointed out to you.

Last edited:
I take everything back, if we can barely manage a draw with Iceland's second team while playing our best team, we may as well start kneeling, it will actually be an improvement in terms of respect for the flag and badge compared to what we are showing on the pitch.

I take everything back, if we can barely manage a draw with Iceland's second team while playing our best team, we may as well start kneeling, it will actually be an improvement in terms of respect for the flag and badge compared to what we are showing on the pitch.
Hasn't Poland had terrible injury luck though. The list of players out for the Euros looks much better than the list involved.

Hasn't Poland had terrible injury luck though. The list of players out for the Euros looks much better than the list involved.

Yeah there's been some bad luck with injuries, but even when everyone is healthy we have super unbalanced squad. 5 or 6 excellent goalkeepers, but defense is thin. Defensive midfield is stacked but very few midfielders of creative type, and then striker position is stacked with Lewy Milik and Piatek if they are all healthy. I don't envy the coach who has to mold a balanced team out of this.

....: but very few midfielders of creative type .....

Hang in there r big Polish mate.

It won’t be be too many more years before Mateusz Musialowski is fulfilling that and then some.

Boniek’s lad. He just doesn’t know it yet. No other explanation how he’s acquired that talent.

Just curious if there is any statistic or news on how many teams are vacinated? Seeing Sweden and Spain already a bit in a issue with their bubble. Only news i found was that Belgium team will get their shots before the tournament.

Boniek’s lad. He just doesn’t know it yet. No other explanation how he’s acquired that talent.

Honestly Boniek is my favorite football person ever. He's a chairman of our FA these days and let me tell you, it's a sight to behold when Boniek shows up in TV. He speaks with poor grammar and strong working class accent, you can tell he has no education. He comes to TV studio with his 1980s mustache, ill-fitting suit and unkempt hair and then he proceeds to use wit and logic to just absolutely destroy all the young fancy journalists in fine tailored suits and fashionable haircuts.

Just a musing I had this morning with the Euros starting today-

Not that I personally care what England wear or do, but it would have been really cool if they'd worn all black for this tournament to double down on taking the knee and the fight for racial equality and an all-inclusive game.

I could have got behind England in a tournament if they'd done something as groundbreaking as that.

That would have really hammered home the message to the racist low-lives who continue to boo them that they won't win.

Talking of the Euro's-

My simple rule of thumb for a tournament is to never back against the Germans or Italians. It won't often be pretty. They won't often be the best Nation there. But more often than not, they always find a way to be in there at the death.

That said, for this Euros, I'm going with the safe consensus for the major prizes-

Winner: Les Bleus to double down on the World Cup. It's positively obscene the talent Deschamps has at his disposal. He's playing with a cheat mode in real life. Golden Boot: Mbappe.
Best player: Mbappe.
Your clubs player to shine most: Thiago if Spain starts him. He could rival Mbappe for the best player if his late-season form carries over. If not, then Wales' Neco Williams to show why we don't need to be investing in any more FB's.
Surprise team: Scotland to create history and make the knockouts at a major for the very first time.

Still not decided who to root for to make this fun watching?

Last edited:
Agreed, France are huge favorites. Not just because the squad is so talent packed, but Deschamps is managing them perfectly I think. With so much attacking talent all they have to do is play for zero at the back and their forwards will always score something eventually.

Honestly I don't remember being this disinterested in a tournament. The format of having it in 11 different countries is the dumbest ******* thing ever, and the covid restriction don't help. Instead of celebration of all things football Euro feels like this thing you just have to get done before vacation.

Yep no interest whatsoever. Will keep an eye on results but will be sat in the garden getting some rays and enjoying my JD and Proper Twelve 🤩

Cardiac arrest most probably. It was awful to see...
There is picture circeling around with him eyes open when carried away.

Must hope the best.

And made to hospital quickly as it is basically next to the stadium