England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 362K
Any other country and the likes of having Trent in their side dictating play from fullback would be building their side around him and using his ability. We have Gareth the yes man who wants trippier and co-running the show. You couldn't make this **** up lol.

Any other country and the likes of having Trent in their side dictating play from fullback would be building their side around him and using his ability. We have Gareth the yes man who wants trippier and co-running the show. You couldn't make this **** up lol.

I still love the scandalous myth perpetuated by ignorant, clickbait pundits, and swallowed by simple fans at large who can’t watch him for themselves, that Trent can’t defend.

Thats one of the most hilarious, on-going things in football.

I mean even if Trent had a bit of a off season and not his former selfe to last season. You still have amazing FB there who can change the game when needed. All squads get extra spots to take with them this year because of Covidd and you still cant fit Trent into it... Lets face it, even Big Sam would not be that....

What works for Liverpool doesn't necessarily work for England; Trent works best in a team that expects to dominate most games from start to finish, which England is not. So I can see why Southgate would prefer Trippier, although I'd still take Trent as an offensive option to bring from the bench.

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson, Sam Johnstone & Jordan Pickford.
Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Chilwell, Conor Coady, Reece James, Harry Maguire, Tyrone Mings, Luke Shaw, John Stones, Kieran Trippier & Kyle Walker.
Midfielders: Jude Bellingham, Jordan Henderson, Mason Mount, Kalvin Phillips & Declan Rice.
Attackers: Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Phil Foden, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane (C), Marcus Rashford, Bukayo Saka, Jadon Sancho & Raheem Sterling.

Would have preferred to have seen those players carrying injuries to be dropped to be honest, having 'injured' players in a squad in past competitions has exactly helped... Yes I understand players want to play and the manager wants the 'best' players in his squad but players need to consider that a knock now can have longer term effects on the rest of their career.

Would have preferred to have seen those players carrying injuries to be dropped to be honest, having 'injured' players in a squad in past competitions has exactly helped... Yes I understand players want to play and the manager wants the 'best' players in his squad but players need to consider that a knock now can have longer term effects on the rest of their career.
Managers should be more brave regarding players being injured

Well that was *****. Having just watched the replay. Expect nothing less under Southgate tbh

This has to be his last tournament right?

Even if England somehow fluke another quarter/ semi run, they can't go onto 2022 with a clueless, failed club manager surely?

That would just be another great English generation waisted.