England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 362K
Goal of the tournament already from the Czech yesterday. WOW!!!!!. Devoed for Scotland as they matched them in all but the quality up front.

@Tyton Sorry mate, looked two defo bookings for me. Stupid challenge to make when you're already on a card. You know how it goes in majors. Poland are by no means out of this tournament. That group isn't strong at all.

The Spain game left me wondering which is the biggest flop of a big name/ price strike across Europe? Morata or Werner?

The same Werner who played a key role in getting his side to a Champions League trophy?

Goal of the tournament already from the Czech yesterday. WOW!!!!!. Devoed for Scotland as they matched them in all but the quality up front.

@Tyton Sorry mate, looked two defo bookings for me. Stupid challenge to make when you're already on a card. You know how it goes in majors. Poland are by no means out of this tournament. That group isn't strong at all.

The Spain game left me wondering which is the biggest flop of a big name/ price strike across Europe? Morata or Werner?
Still Andy Carroll.

Interesting definition of 'key' role you have going on there.

Started nearly every single game in the entire run…His run was decisive for Havertz goal in the finals. Scored vs Real Madrid in the 2nd leg.

Why do you think his role was not ‘key’?

I mean he called Tuchel also Top 4 manager fraud soooo

But Werner and Morata seems to be made from the same mold, cant argue there. Cant hit a barn door, confidence will bottom fast. Morata somehow, no idea how, managed to jump from top clubs to top clubs.
His stint at RM 2016 was the saving crace i think.
1623756935740.png

I mean he called Tuchel also Top 4 manager fraud soooo .....

Aye.

Which he completely bollocksed up without the help of Brandan Rodgers and his latest spineless team collapsing late. For the second straight year.

Kudos to him for the CL mind.

Started nearly every single game in the entire run…His run was decisive for Havertz goal in the finals. Scored vs Real Madrid in the 2nd leg.

Why do you think his role was not ‘key’?

He offered little difference that you couldn't have got out of other players.

Let's not pretend Werner had either a good individual year or is a top striker just because he was part of a team that won the biggest prize of all last year.

But he is rapid like ......

Group is weak sure but when we lose the first game and now have to travel half the planet to Spain who have unfair advantage of playing at home, it's gonna be rough to get even a draw.

He offered little difference that you couldn't have got out of other players.

Let's not pretend Werner had either a good individual year or is a top striker just because he was part of a team that won the biggest prize of all last year.

But he is rapid like ......

I never said he is a top striker or had a good individual year. But credit has to be given to someone who was a regular starter in a team that won the CL. Clearly he offers something important aside from the goals.

That said, he definitely has to massively improve on the goalscoring front next season.

Just crossed my mind. Alexis Sanchez deserves a shout. If it wasnt a swap deal, he would be numerno uno.

Werner was a huge flop considering the hype he came with bar a couple of good moments. His finishing was shocking bad for the chances he had. Let’s see if it was a first season syndrome or he is just never gonna cut it in the prem.

I used to really like England, even cheer for them in tournaments. But ever since Internet became a thing, there's no other team that gives me as much satisfaction as they do when they f up, and they f up so often.

English media bias/racism still alive and well. Imagine the bollocking they would have given Pogba if he turned up with the same ridiculous hairstyle as Foden after losing a CL final…

Don't get me started on the lil' Englander, right-wing racist, xenophobic press. They don't even try and hide their overt, racist bias anymore.🤬

But related, this tweet made me laugh-

Just for lolz would love to see England lose last game and somehow drop to 3rd place. Or then win and go against France/Germany then the tournament is over.

How manager can play 2 DM to have protection for the back. And then have full backs also defending, it seemed like they hit a wall and where not allowed to move foward at some point on the pitch.