England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 362K
At after yesterdays results we need at least a point against Spain or we are mathematically out, while Spain badly need a win or they may end up out as well. Hard to remain optimistic.

1624102023295.png

At after yesterdays results we need at least a point against Spain or we are mathematically out, while Spain badly need a win or they may end up out as well. Hard to remain optimistic.
Really hope you get a win. Rooting for you.

If Spain same way like last time you just need keep compact and annoy Morata. Think Lewa will have good chances and will score them

We say it on here a lot but yet again Declan Rice showed how seriously limited/ bang-average a footballer he is last night.
Disagree that was tactical instructions. Ive seen Declan and Phillips both of who are the main players involved in transitioning the ball for both their respective teams. Southgate has them set up that way he has no clue how to use the two of them. Anyway doesn't matter international football is the last place to judge a player as the standards are much lower and it doesn't help to have a football terrorist as a manager in Southgate. Declan Rice is an excellent footballer who reminds me of Hendo in how he improves year in year out due to his dedication to the game.

Disagree that was tactical instructions. Ive seen Declan and Phillips both of who are the main players involved in transitioning the ball for both their respective teams. Southgate has them set up that way he has no clue how to use the two of them. Anyway doesn't matter international football is the last place to judge a player as the standards are much lower and it doesn't help to have a football terrorist as a manager in Southgate. Declan Rice is an excellent footballer who reminds me of Hendo in how he improves year in year out due to his dedication to the game.

If Rice is like Henderson then I am re-evaluating everything I think about Jordan Henderson and hope he follows Gini out of the door this summer.

This is a very disturbing thing to learn …..😐

If Rice is like Henderson then I am re-evaluating everything I think about Jordan Henderson and hope he follows Gini out of the door this summer.

This is a very disturbing thing to learn …..😐
I didn't mean playing wise lol. I meant same approach to the game. Both been written off and come back and keep on improving. Im surprised you don't see that in Rice.

I didn't mean playing wise lol. I meant same approach to the game. Both been written off and come back and keep on improving. Im surprised you don't see that in Rice.

My Rice prediction, FWIW, is West Ham is his level and he’ll never be at a bigger club.

All he is, IMHO, is an athlete who’ll run up and down all day and sit in and do a job. With little else to his game. Specifically technically and intelligence wise. A typical, modern day footballer who are ten a penny.

The very definition of mediocre who gets over hyped to F down to being a young English player. Which explodes further with the London based media when thats at a top flight London club.

Can’t say Lewandowski hasn’t had his chances that first half. WTF was the mad volley all about? Just head it in! strange decision that.

Still wouldn’t like to call this.

My Rice prediction, FWIW, is West Ham is his level and he’ll never be at a bigger club.

All he is, IMHO, is an athlete who’ll run up and down all day and sit in and do a job. With little else to his game. Specifically technically and intelligence wise. A typical, modern day footballer who are ten a penny.

The very definition of mediocre who gets over hyped to F down to being a young English player. Which explodes further with the London based media when thats at a top flight London club.
Hmmm opposite for me. I see a player with excellent intelligence as proven by him being able to play CB and have the intelligence to drop in there during period in games. The technique is one of those things that is hard to measure for me as people will get it mixed it up with flair. He has excellent technique when it comes to the first touch and the positioning of his body to receive the ball etc... I personally believe he is underrated and would not look out of place as a def mid at any of the top teams. Agree to disagree then.

Can’t say Lewandowski hasn’t had his chances that first half. WTF was the mad volley all about? Just head it in! strange decision that.

Still wouldn’t like to call this.

Yeah that was bizarre. Still I like that we at least came to play football instead of parking the bus and sending hail mary long balls to Lewy.

Lol I think we have used up our luck resources for the next 10 years in this game.

I thought Poland were more than worrh a draw. And I think that probably takes you through as Sweden are nothing to fear. And the same for Slovakia against Spain. Enrique’s side is nothing special at all.

Great for a group to go the last game were all 4 teams can qualify. And all 4 teams can go home.

Wednesday should be an exciting night.

Yeah this was far cry from the Spain of old. Can you imagine playing as aggresively against midfield of Xavi, Xabi and Iniesta, you'd get humilliated but here it was Spain who looked poor at times.

Proving to be quite a group of death.

Yeah this was far cry from the Spain of old. Can you imagine playing as aggresively against midfield of Xavi, Xabi and Iniesta, you'd get humilliated but here it was Spain who looked poor at times.

Proving to be quite a group of death.

I couldn’t imagine sitting Thiago from such a clueless, ponderous midfield when he could be orchestrating the whole show if I hadn’t seen Enrique do that twice now. 🤦‍♂️