England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 362K
Great to get Neville on board. I hope that doesn't mean he's going to stop being a pundit though, he's made me actually enjoy watching the build up to the monday night football.

Paul Konchesky for LB. Who cares that Ashley Cole had a good season :p

I reckon England will coast through the group stages. Win in the second round. Any then the fans and media say they can win it before being knocked out in the semis....sound familiar?

Hmm, I hope this doesn't mean the end of Neville as a pundit. He's been pretty decent since he started.

Jagielka is better than Terry, Rio and Cahill, says Moyes

Read more: Phil Jagielka is better than Terry, Rio and Cahill, says David Moyes | Mail Online

Could not agree more with Moyes here and quite frankly he is a must for Euro's.

I rate Jagielka highly but not as high as Moyes rates him thats for sure.

Absolute master stroke by Roy appointing G Nev as coach, I could not have thought of anyone better for this job. I do find it funny that all the media bollocks that 2 weeks ago was questioning his appointment are now saying what a great move by him this is, ******* fickle bollocks!!! I backed Hodgson from when Capello left and the fact he stated in his interview he wanted Neville just shows how class and experienced this man really is.

I rate Jagielka highly but not as high as Moyes rates him thats for sure.

Absolute master stroke by Roy appointing G Nev as coach, I could not have thought of anyone better for this job. I do find it funny that all the media bollocks that 2 weeks ago was questioning his appointment are now saying what a great move by him this is, ******* fickle bollocks!!! I backed Hodgson from when Capello left and the fact he stated in his interview he wanted Neville just shows how class and experienced this man really is.

Jags is a better all round defender. The other three all have notable flaws.

And Neville is a brilliant appointment. Perfect link between player and manager, understands knows the players side of it so can relate to Hodgson, very intelligent as well, knows the game inside out, and wont take any **** from any of the squad either.

Jags is a better all round defender. The other three all have notable flaws.

And Neville is a brilliant appointment. Perfect link between player and manager, understands knows the players side of it so can relate to Hodgson, very intelligent as well, knows the game inside out, and wont take any **** from any of the squad either.

I'd say if you get a big man up against him he struggles more than say Terry or Cahill would.

I'd say if you get a big man up against him he struggles more than say Terry or Cahill would.

Not really, for one Jags is physically far more capable, and more aggressive than Cahill, only Terry has the advantage there, and not by much. On the other he is consierably quicker and more mobile than all three, which makes him an overall better defender. We play Benzema first game. Jags is easily the best equipped to handle him if we are talking about individual defenders.

I don't think we can really go wrong by playing Lescott and Jagielka together, and avoiding this Rio/Terry debacle completely.

They've played together in the past, and Lescott has played in front of Joe Hart all season already.

I don't think we can really go wrong by playing Lescott and Jagielka together, and avoiding this Rio/Terry debacle completely.

They've played together in the past, and Lescott has played in front of Joe Hart all season already.

Been saying this repeatedly, very strong partnership when played together, and has few weaknesses. Take Cahill, and Jones now Smalling is out.

Not to mention Lescott looks solid as a rock alongside Jagielka, no matter what people say about him individually. Lescott and Jags is fine by me, now that Smalling's out.

Not to mention Lescott looks solid as a rock alongside Jagielka, no matter what people say about him individually. Either Lescott and Jags or Jags and Smalling is fine by me.

Smalling is out, groin injury.

I'm sure Baines, Lescott and jags are all comfortable playing together.

I think it all depends how Hodgson wants to play. If he wants to play a deep line then surely it makes sense to have Terry, Cahill and Cole in the back 5 as they all have an understanding already. Saying all this he won't take Terry anyway, if not then i'd suggest Cahill and Jagielka.

I think it all depends how Hodgson wants to play. If he wants to play a deep line then surely it makes sense to have Terry, Cahill and Cole in the back 5 as they all have an understanding already. Saying all this he won't take Terry anyway, if not then i'd suggest Cahill and Jagielka.

As ive discussed earlier, why limit what you can do? Jags and Lescott give you the best of both worlds. Lescott alongside Jagielka is better than Cahill alongside him.

Not really, for one Jags is physically far more capable, and more aggressive than Cahill, only Terry has the advantage there, and not by much. On the other he is consierably quicker and more mobile than all three, which makes him an overall better defender. We play Benzema first game. Jags is easily the best equipped to handle him if we are talking about individual defenders.

I think there is a difference from being aggressive and better in the air. Just going to post some stats of potential centre backs and highlight the best stat per player etc.

Phil Jagielka:
Pass% - 74.5
Aerial duels won per game - 1.8
Tackles per game - 1.8
Interceptions per game - 2.1
Fouls - 0.4
Offsides won per game - 0.6
Clearances per game - 7.6
Blocked shots - 0.5

Gary Cahill:
Pass% - 81.7
Aerial duels won per game - 2.1
Tackles per game - 0.7
Interceptions per game - 1.2
Fouls - 1.2
Offsides won per game - 1
Clearances per game - 6.1
Blocked shots - 1.1

John Terry:
Pass% - 91.2
Aerial duels won per game - 1.1
Tackles per game - 1.4
Interceptions per game - 1.9
Fouls - 0.8
Offsides won per game - 0.7
Clearances per game - 5.4
Blocked shots - 1.1

Rio Ferdinand:
Pass% - 91.2
Aerial duels won per game - 1.3
Tackles per game - 1.2
Interceptions per game - 2.1
Fouls - 0.3
Offsides won per game - 0.4
Clearances per game - 7.2
Blocked shots - 0.5

Joeleon Lescott:
Pass% - 90
Aerial duels won per game - 1.1
Tackles per game - 1.1
Interceptions per game - 1.5
Fouls - 0.6
Offsides won per game - 0.5
Clearances per game - 5
Blocked shots - 0.9

Phill Jones:
Pass% - 84.2
Aerial duels won per game - 1.5
Tackles per game - 1.9
Interceptions per game - 1.6
Fouls - 0.6
Offsides won - 0.2
Clearances per game - 3.9
Blocked shots - 0.4

So as I basically said Cahill is much better in aerial battles than Cahill. Looking at the stats Rio Ferdinand has been the most impressive closely followed by Cahill and Jagielka. Like I said it all depends on how Hodgson will want to play but these stats give us something to look at and debate about surely.