England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 372K
I'd be tempted to play Jones instead of Barry but I don't think Hodgson will. Neither are as good as Parker of course but could be worth just giving Jones the experience

We got Belgium, good time to test him.

Named tomorrow...nervous as ****.
I have a maths exam tomorrow which has been the focus of my thought so actually forgot the squad gets named tomorrow :p You know what time the squad gets named?

Jones as a DM? No thanks. Nowhere NEAR positionally disciplined to pull off that kind of role. When Ferguson plays him in midfield, he never plays him as a DM, it's always as a driving link-man whose main job is to run rather than screen.

Yep. Unless you want to play Welbeck or Carroll.

Yes, yes I do.

IIRC, Jones was superb in midfield against Spain. I don't particularly like him there, though.

Jones as a DM? No thanks. Nowhere NEAR positionally disciplined to pull off that kind of role. When Ferguson plays him in midfield, he never plays him as a DM, it's always as a driving link-man whose main job is to run rather than screen.
As I said he's not the best choice but really I think he's the best of a bad bunch. Who would you play?

I have a maths exam tomorrow which has been the focus of my thought so actually forgot the squad gets named tomorrow :p You know what time the squad gets named?

Between noon and 6 o'clock I assume, don't think there is a confirmed time as of yet.

As I said he's not the best choice but really I think he's the best of a bad bunch. Who would you play?

Barry. Had a good season, finally looks settled in his DM role, done well there for England over the last few games... ideally, we want some kind of turbo-charged Nigel Reo-Coker.

Barry. Had a good season, finally looks settled in his DM role, done well there for England over the last few games... ideally, we want some kind of turbo-charged Nigel Reo-Coker.
Is Barry a ball winner? I'm not convinced

Now I just have an image of NRC with a rocket pack strapped to his back stuck in my head. :(

Fix'd.

I don't care if he had a decent season, my personal crusade against him shall never end.
It's sick to think he has a premier league winners medal :p

Is Barry a ball winner? I'm not convinced

Yup. 85 tackles, 72 interceptions, and only dribbled by opposition players 27 times in the Prem this year.

Now I just have an image of NRC with a rocket pack strapped to his back stuck in my head. :(

That's what O'Neill thought he was buying, anyway.

Yup. 85 tackles, 72 interceptions, and only dribbled by opposition players 27 times in the Prem this year.

That's what O'Neill thought he was buying, anyway.
where do you get these stats from? I want to take a look :p

Fix'd.

I don't care if he had a decent season, my personal crusade against him shall never end.

It's sick to think he has a premier league winners medal :p

I think enough time has passed for me to start liking Barry again, so both of you can step the **** away from the mighty Barrynator.