England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
2 very english as in it has been the mentality for a while of english people.. lets get stuck in, lets defend, lets counter ETC

What the **** are you talking about? First off, neither of us have even mentioned the words 'get stuck in'. Secondly, the English game really isn't associated with countering at all.

rather than the passing game, the quick one two's .......

...which none of our players can actually perform properly...

Its nothing against Hodgson personally, i was just making the point that he plays defensive at every club, and it does not improve any club greatly.. fulham Mid table, Liverpool 18th, West brom Mid table..

West Brom mid table from relegation battling, Fulham escaping from relegation and then taken to an incredibly successful season in which they got to mid-table, all the while managing to reach the final of the Europa Lea- you know what, **** it.

Bert van ******* Marwijk. Giovanni cuntblasting Trappatoni. Two International sides at opposite ends of the quality scale. Two sides playing pragmatic, counterattacking football. TWO SIDES BEING SUCCESSFUL. This isn't a sodding isolated incident, this is a worldwide trend.

Am i the only one who thinks if Cahill misses the Euro's or any games in the competition then Joe Hart should take a huge ammount of the blame.

Only Mertens should take the blame. Cahill got injured because Mertens practically threww him forward. Ridiculous to blame Hart

You lot are lucky Barry got injured. Hendo is the best regista in the premiership so he can play there now.

Am i the only one who thinks if Cahill misses the Euro's or any games in the competition then Joe Hart should take a huge ammount of the blame.
Hart could have collected it a little faster but take a huge amount of the blame? ***** please

LFC, not sure you understand the difference between reactive football and very defensive football. Almost every side bar Spain is playing some form of reactive football. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone's favourite, Germany, actually play reactive football.

The issue isnt that we are playing reactive football, but whether we are setup to do it well. Getting there.

And to be honest even the best football England (in general, not just this tournament) could be capable of would be similar to Germanys football. Still reactive football.

LFC, not sure you understand the difference between reactive football and very defensive football. Almost every side bar Spain is playing some form of reactive football. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone's favourite, Germany, actually play reactive football.

The issue isnt that we are playing reactive football, but whether we are setup to do it well. Getting there.

And to be honest even the best football England (in general, not just this tournament) could be capable of would be similar to Germanys football. Still reactive football.

But we are playing nothing like Germany, we have no creativity, we have few chances, we have little possession, whether it is reactive or not is another matter.

Bet you'd love Arteta now!

Why?

Was a **** move by Mertens.

Only Mertens should take the blame. Cahill got injured because Mertens practically threww him forward. Ridiculous to blame Hart

Hart could have collected it a little faster but take a huge amount of the blame? ***** please

Im not debating Mertens isen't to blame too but a keeper of Hart's ability should have read that and gathered that way before he had a chance to shove Cahill.

Im not debating Mertens isen't to blame too but a keeper of Hart's ability should have read that and gathered that way before he had a chance to shove Cahill.
I've agreed that he could have done better but to blame it mainly on Hart is just ridiculous

I haven't seen the incident, I was working, but to accuse Hart guilty for it seems ridiculous if all he did was have a lapse in concentration/misjudgment of the situation.

But we are playing nothing like Germany, we have no creativity, we have few chances, we have little possession, whether it is reactive or not is another matter.

Hence the issue. What Roy is seemingly trying to bypass, though im not sure why since he had Danny Murphy, is that reactive football still requires a linkman.

I've agreed that he could have done better but to blame it mainly on Hart is just ridiculous
Totally my opinon, that should have been Hart's ball so he could have prevented it.

Blame the system, youth coaching in England not the manager who hardly had time to work with team. Manager can employ tactics that suits the player. Germany have Ozil, Kroos, Gotze, even Reus who are just class and full of creativity. Whom do England have?

England lack creative players, that's why its best to defend deep and hit on break rather than to attempt playing possession football and end up having beaten badly.

Not really the point. Cahill wouldnt have been injured if merterns didnt deliberately foul him.

Totally my opinon, that should have been Hart's ball so he could have prevented it.
more so Mertens could have just not shoved Cahill in the back and none of it would have happened

I haven't seen the incident, I was working, but to accuse Hart guilty for it seems ridiculous if all he did was have a lapse in concentration/misjudgment of the situation.

It was pretty straight forward for him, a keeper of that stature should be getting there and that's a fact.

It's a very harsh assumption that Dortmund play 'reactive' football just because they did against a technically superior Bayern Munich side. They actually dominated against most opponents in the league this season, both territorially and possession wise.

Match stats | Kaiserslautern v Borussia Dortmund | guardian.co.uk

Their game is a diverse one, capable of controlling weaker opposition but centred around direct passing and very fast attacks. They have a young and energetic squad that is well drilled and able to both attack and defend as one unit, they are not a 'reactive' side, but a very versatile one with a talented manager and squad.

Again without the shove he doesnt get injured. blaming him would be think. which is why no one is blaming hart for a deliberate foul commited by someone else.

Hence the issue. What Roy is seemingly trying to bypass, though im not sure why since he had Danny Murphy, is that reactive football still requires a linkman.

Indeed, the basic idea might be there, but I am not convinced we will ever achieve it under Hodgson if he does not realise the difference between someone like Carrick and then someone like Barry.

Danny Murphy would have been great but like Scholes does he have the legs to cover the ground against better teams who moves the ball quicker than most?

Still with the lack of choices he would have been good addition for squad.

Back