England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Blame the system, youth coaching in England not the manager who hardly had time to work with team. Manager can employ tactics that suits the player. Germany have Ozil, Kroos, Gotze, even Reus who are just class and full of creativity. Whom do England have?

England lack creative players, that's why its best to defend deep and hit on break rather than to attempt playing possession football and end up having beaten badly.

Pointless having creative players if Hodgson does not know how to utilise them within the system... once again I will mention how he looks at Carrick as a holding mid, sums it up?

For the record, we do have creative players, just not of the quality/quantity Germany have coming through.

Totally my opinon, that should have been Hart's ball so he could have prevented it.

Ridiculous. Just seen the video, since I didn't catch it during the match, and there's no way that's Hart's fault. He couldn't possibly have foreseen that. It was his ball, it's just that Mertens pushes Cahill into him. Perhaps, as Jak - for once - correctly says, he could've come out a little earlier, but there would have been no harm done either way if Mertens wasn't such a ****.

Pointless having creative players if Hodgson does not know how to utilise them within the system... once again I will mention how he looks at Carrick as a holding mid, sums it up?

For the record, we do have creative players, just not of the quality/quantity Germany have coming through.

We dont know how he would have lined up with better players. So lets only concentrate on who is available in the squad?

Yeah Carrick one is bit odd.

Ridiculous. Just seen the video, since I didn't catch it during the match, and there's no way that's Hart's fault. He couldn't possibly have foreseen that. It was his ball, it's just that Mertens pushes Cahill into him. Perhaps, as Jak - for once - correctly says, he could've come out a little earlier, but there would have been no harm done either way if Mertens wasn't such a ****.
best.day.ever
tumblr_m4ke6d69Xe1r95f92o2_500.jpg

We really don't have the creative central midfielders of other nations. United have been lambasted all season by the public and media for our lack of one, City, Arsenal and Chelsea have a Spaniard. Arsenal used to have another Spaniard in Fabregas, Spurs have a Croatian and Dutchman....England just aren't producing them.

We really don't have the creative central midfielders of other nations. United have been lambasted all season by the public and media for our lack of one, City, Arsenal and Chelsea have a Spaniard. Arsenal used to have another Spaniard in Fabregas, Spurs have a Croatian and Dutchman....England just aren't producing them.

We do, we just don't play them or they are injured. Wilshere would be the obvious one (injured), Shelvey I think can grow into that role, Delph could be but has been unlucky with injuries/ hasn't been played and certainly didn't suit big Ecks style of play. Barkley has the potential to fill that role as well.

We do, we just don't play them or they are injured. Wilshere would be the obvious one (injured), Shelvey I think can grow into that role, Delph could be but has been unlucky with injuries/ hasn't been played and certainly didn't suit big Ecks style of play. Barkley has the potential to fill that role as well.

Look at their ages. 20, 20, 22 & 18, and all but Wilshere are way below the standard required for international football. Also, Wilshere wasn't the creative player in Arsenal's system last season, hence only 9 assists in almost 50 games. He's a fantastic player and greatly missed for this tournament though, his link play and composure is unlike anything England have right now

Sky Sports ‏@SkySports
Gary Cahill has been forced out of Euro 2012 with a double fracture of his jaw, Martin Kelly has been drafted in. More on site soon..

So Gary Cahill out but still no call up for Richards. Has be done something against manager or something like that, that I have missed?

Still should have been Rio, but yeah leave it.

Martin Kelly? Am I missing something? Roy picking any Liverpool player he can..

Hope he plays Jags over Lescott now. Should be looking at drafting in another midfielder imo with Lescott, Terry, Jags, Jones and even Johnson as CB cover

Look at their ages. 20, 20, 22 & 18, and all but Wilshere are way below the standard required for international football. Also, Wilshere wasn't the creative player in Arsenal's system last season, hence only 9 assists in almost 50 games. He's a fantastic player and greatly missed for this tournament though, his link play and composure is unlike anything England have right now

Wilshere is creative in his own right, was simply asked to play a deeper role. the assist only means they converted it. But he created almost 2 chances a game from deeper, which is very good. Especially when he would be playing deeper, with the aim of feeding the front 4 rather than creating directly.

Also, 20,20,18,22. That is incredibly young, time is easily on their hands.

Wilshere is creative in his own right, was simply asked to play a deeper role. the assist only means they converted it. But he created almost 2 chances a game from deeper, which is very good. Especially when he would be playing deeper, with the aim of feeding the front 4 rather than creating directly.

Also, 20,20,18,22. That is incredibly young, time is easily on their hands.

Yeah I was just saying they are not ready for England. Wishere is a fantastic player, was only pointing out that most top English sides are looking elsewhere for creativity. It's quite ironic that Arsenal are the side nurturing the top britlish talent right now while everone else is looking at foreign players

FBP, I definitely understand where you are coming from, but we are not Spain or Germany, we wont be getting international ready players on the regular by age 22. more like 25-26. Every now and then we might a special case, but for now thats the age we should be looking for our players to peak.

Well in Martin, never seen him play badly. Gonna be a great player, made up for him.

6 Liverpool players in the squad now.

Backline of Johnson - Jags - Lescott - Baines
would be my pick due to Jags, Lescott and Baines all having very good understanding with each other and being the best CBs available. It won't happen mind you but I can hope :)

Backline of Johnson - Jags - Lescott - Baines
would be my pick due to Jags, Lescott and Baines all having very good understanding with each other and being the best CBs available. It won't happen mind you but I can hope :)
Same. Unfortunately Terry will never be dropped.

I hope Mertens apologises to Cahill, even just in private. Has robbed him of his chance to play at Euros

Im wondering how many of these Liverpool players would be in the side if Roy wasnt in charge? (btw not looking to annoy or start arguements with Liverpool fans its just my opinion.)

Back