England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Informative. In what sense?

Well, for starters I can't figure out why Gerrard is there, considering he's been pretty poor of late, and Carrick isn't. I'm not entirely sure about Milner either. Also, I believe Jagielka is better than Lescott and should've been picked ahead of him, and probably Cahill ahead of Terry, too. And last, but not least, Walker instead of Johnson would be a decent call as well, IMO.

Well, for starters I can't figure out why Gerrard is there, considering he's been pretty poor of late, and Carrick isn't. I'm not entirely sure about Milner either. Also, I believe Jagielka is better than Lescott and should've been picked ahead of him, and probably Cahill ahead of Terry, too. And last, but not least, Walker instead of Johnson would be a decent call as well, IMO.

Lescott is very good for England, very few England fans will have complaints against him. Certainly merits his place.

Agree on Gerrard.

Jags/Cahill should have been picked ahead of Terry.

Johnson certainly has improved for England, Walker would be a more adventurous choice leading up to 2014, but its not clear cut.

Not sure how that makes it a ***** line up though.

Lescott is very good for England, very few England fans will have complaints against him. Certainly merits his place.

Agree on Gerrard.

Jags/Cahill should have been picked ahead of Terry.

Johnson certainly has improved for England, Walker would be a more adventurous choice leading up to 2014, but its not clear cut.

Not sure how that makes it a ***** line up though.

Never said Lescott was bad, but I believe Jagielka and Cahill could complement each other very well and are, in my opinion, superior to the current CB partnership. Johnson's not a bad player but Walker is at least as good as him and is a fair few years younger. Basically, what I'm saying is that your lineup could be a lot stronger than it currently is.

Never said Lescott was bad, but I believe Jagielka and Cahill could complement each other very well and are, in my opinion, superior to the current CB partnership. Johnson's not a bad player but Walker is at least as good as him and is a fair few years younger. Basically, what I'm saying is that your lineup could be a lot stronger than it currently is.

Jags and Lescott is Englands best partnership, certainly the most complete pairing, Cahill and Smalling 3rd and 4th centrebacks.

Walker isnt as good(although the difference is very small imo), but will almost certainly go on to be better, should certainly be getting some games.

Looks like 3 points secured then...

Hope to see some of the young lot in Welbeck/Sturridge/Walker/Bertrand getting some minutes now

Jags and Lescott is Englands best partnership, certainly the most complete pairing, Cahill and Smalling 3rd and 4th centrebacks.

Walker isnt as good(although the difference is very small imo), but will almost certainly go on to be better, should certainly be getting some games.

On Walker I agree he's got the potential to be better but IMO he's already on par with him, that said, Johnson's having a decent game today, although it's only Moldova.

On the CBs I've never been Cahill's biggest fan but he's played well for Chelsea and he's in fine form, while Lescott's inconsistent IMO, although he's played well for England when I've seen him so I could agree with you up to some extent, although I believe Jagielka-Cahill is (on paper) a great partnership.

Mike. and I had this debate about Walker before. We came to the conclusion that Mike. was wrong and Walker should start both games after I used caps lock raeg.

Think FIFA should consider making countries like Molodova do a pre-qualifier. They're such a poor side and this could just end up being embarassing for them. Yeah they've had a couple of chances.......but that's it. Such a needless qualifier imo

Mike. and I had this debate about Walker before. We came to the conclusion that Mike. was wrong and Walker should start both games after I used caps lock raeg.

Then it's clear, Walker > Johnson. Caps are irrefutable evidence, as far as I'm concerned.

Will Rider on text: "Frank Lampard is unique in his ability to control the midfield with steady passing, playing in a deep-lying role in the centre of the park, only then to dart into the box with a lethal approach to finishing. Until England find another player with similar qualities, stop moaning on about the need for youth and appreciate how lucky we are to have a player like him. Class."

Sent this to Mike. I reckon he nearly had an aneurysm.

No it was easier on my blood not to keep talking to you. Far too good at annoying me.

Back