England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Rickie Lambert has been selected into the England squad ahead of Wednesday's friendly against Scotland. Thoughts?

I like Rickie Lambert a lot. He's got excellent strength, more than capable of holding up the ball and bringing the others into play, can score goals. don't have a problem with this at all. Deserves a cap

Anyway, here's the squad:

GK: Foster, Hart, Ruddy

DEF: Baines, G. Cahill, A. Cole, Jagielka, Glen Johnson, P. Jones, Smalling, Walker

MID: Carrick, Cleverley, Gerrard, Lampard, Wilshere, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, A. Young, Zaha

ATT: Defoe, Lambert, Rooney, Welbeck

I would like to have seen Adam Lallana in there, definitely ahead of Young.

Proposed lineup?

Hart

Johnson - Jagielka - Cahill - Baines/Cole (tied)

Carrick - Wilshere

Walcott - Gerrard - Milner/AOC

Lambert

Baines should be starting ahead of Cole. Simple as

Hart
Walker Jagielka Cahill Baines
Carrick Wilshere
Walcott Rooney Ox
Welbeck​

Easily.

If Rooney is fit, yes, he should start. And you're right, Baines should be ahead of Cole.

Hart
Carrick Wilshere
Walcott Rooney Ox
Welbeck​

Easily.

Lambert for Welbeck for me. If we are gonna watch Lambert in an England shirt, might as well give him the majority of the game, already know what Welbeck will give us (excellent movement, terrible finishing)

Lambert won't play, Roy bums Defoe/Welbeck/Rooney too much to really give another striker a chance. Even if it's a friendly, I bet that we won't see Lambert until the last 10 mins, if at all.

Not sure why Defoe is in the squad, he's appalling.

Team I imagine we will put out:

Hart
Walker Jagielka Cahill Cole
Carrick Lampard
Milner Gerrard Young
Welbeck

That's not the team that I would like us to put out, but it's the one Roy will probably choose. Personally, I would like to see:

Hart
Johnson Jagielka Cahill Baines
Carrick Wilshere
Walcott Rooney Zaha
Lambert​

But it won't happen.

Lambert for Welbeck for me. If we are gonna watch Lambert in an England shirt, might as well give him the majority of the game, already know what Welbeck will give us (excellent movement, terrible finishing)

Lambert's going to play for the last 10 minutes, we all know that.

Hart
Carrick Wilshere
Walcott Rooney Ox
Welbeck​

Easily.

I go with that. Switch Welbeck to the left with Sturridge up front and that's our best team IMO, certainly at this moment in time.

I go with that. Switch Welbeck to the left with Sturridge up front and that's our best team IMO, certainly at this moment in time.

Maybe, though I'd prefer Ox on the left. Sturridge probably deserves a start.

Maybe, though I'd prefer Ox on the left. Sturridge probably deserves a start.

I'd still like to see Ox given a consistent run in the team at Arsenal to show what he can do before he is considered our first choice winger. He should definitely start this friendly though, and I think he will.

Back