England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
lol Rickey Lambert. Where's Defoe or Bent? Or mighty Andy Carroll? I see Lampard - Gerrard combo was amazing against Moldavia, so Roy decided they will overwhelm Ukraine midfield. Not to mention amazing dribblings by Jack Wilshere, only to be support by useless run by Theo 'faster than the wind' Walcott. I refuse to believe this is Englands strongest team at the moment. Yes, there's no Rooney, but where's Carrick? Welbeck? Joe Hart is liability as well. God, if Roy somehow manages to get this team in Brazil I will be amazed.
aren't England still first in their group?

@Joel
Oh, Welbz is suspended. Ok. Thanks.
@RTW I think so. If Ukraine win this game, they will be first.

If im honest the main player that gets on my nerves in that team is James frickin Milner he just is not a winger he just doesnt run at any one he picks it up on the wing and then just turns back and plays it into the middle again he is poor ! I would much prefer to see Sterling out there or even ****** Townsend he looks quick and skillful Milner has no pace, skill and has no crossing ability at all sorry James but thats how i feel and also at some stage in this game we are gonna need Defoe as i know Lambert has scored two but he really hasn't proven himself against a big national team scoring a goal v Scotland in a friendly and a tap in v Moldova is class but he scored none the less but i feel we need Defoe on there add a bit of pace and a class finisher and that is all i have to say but .... Come on England !!!

Watching England is painful. After everything that's been said and done since South Africa we have reverted back to Lampard and Gerrard in midfield together. Fed up of watching us limp to draws against mediocre teams. And people wonder why Carrick didn't want to play for England when he is forced to sit and watch that.

What do you expect when you keep appointing dinosaurs as managers..

Knew it was going to end up goaless so watched Iron Man 3 instead lol

You guys are complaining? We lost a goal vs. San Marino. Made my day.

Your striker goes on a goalless spree? Play against Poland.

That was a classic Hodgson away performance. We should qualify now. I'd like to see this team for the world cup.

Hart

Johnson Cahill Jags Cole

Gerrard Wilshere

Walcott Rooney Welbeck

Sturridge

That is the team I would play, maybe put Carrick in for Gerrard. Welbeck has proven adapt at playing anyone acros for the front and always looks decent on the left for Man Utd. Hoepfully Hart get his confidence back because we don't really have anyone waiting in the wings.

Nice team put out by Roy last night, and a good win - although the performance wasn't great.

I would love to see this England team against Poland:

Hart/Forster

Walker - Cahill - Jagielka - Baines/Cole

Carrick - Cleverley/Milner

Walcott - Rooney/Gerrard - Welbeck/Oxlade-Chamberlain

Sturridge

This team would be great. You have a solid back four, with Walker and Baines both providing an attacking threat too. In midfield, you have a runner (Milner/Cleverley), Carrick to dictate the tempo and an attacking playmaker (Rooney/Gerrard). There is also pace and skill on the wings - whilst you have Sturridge up front, he is quick, strong and a top finisher. This would be a top, top team in my opinion (maybe only missing an anchor man, though).

Prepare your ****.

c75YcV7.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to decide what's going to be more painful. Going to the dentist later to have a tooth taken out or watching the England match. sometimes watching England is like a trip to the dentist

Poland have quite a regular starters out for tonight, I fully expect a comfortable win for England.

It would help especially if we could keep a clean sheet. Which we've not done in the past 7 meetings. Cannot afford any screw ups tonight

good opening 25 mins feels a more like a premiership game than a international, townsends looking lively.

Back