Status
Not open for further replies.
Green should still be GK, one bad mistake, made up by a good save later on.
James
Cole Carra Terry Johno
Lennon Lampard Barry Stevie
Heskey Rooney
I agree its only one mistake but it can make players more nervous, especially the defence, knowing that their keeper could repeat a mistake to cost them the game, had to be done sadly.

I agree its only one mistake but it can make players more nervous, especially the defence, knowing that their keeper could repeat a mistake to cost them the game, had to be done sadly.
But now all confidence will be lost by him

2-0 to algeria....haha
Ah seriously i think england wil edge it 1-0...Theres not much confidence among the side but they will be too much for a weak Algerian team:D

I'd rather one player lose confidence instead of our defence tbh, but I do feel sorry for Green.
apparently capello spoke to him before he made his decision. now it comes down to what kind of character he is. i expect him to bounce back

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

2-0 to algeria....haha
Ah seriously i think england wil edge it 1-0...Theres not much confidence among the side but they will be too much for a weak Algerian team:D
not much confidence? have you not seen the team conferences? forget what they say,look at the body language, they show no signs of a team lacking in confidence

Seeing as Algeria are playing 5 in the middle Barry will be vital for us as we'll really need to keep the ball well tonight.

Seeing as Algeria are playing 5 in the middle Barry will be vital for us as we'll really need to keep the ball well tonight.
yeah, and we will need to be smart in attack as they will have a spare man in defence too, gerrard and cole will need to overload the left flank a lot, (gerrard inside cole stretching wide) to create space for rooney its for this reason we should play for 4-2-3-1, hopefully with gerrard back wide and cutting in, rooney will drop off and it will play like a quasi 4-2-3-1

Last edited:
Cannot believe we're going 4-4-2, rather than 4-3-3.

Algeria's Keeper also dropped cause of his mistake last weekend :S

5-0 England. In no particular order: RooneyX2, Lampard, Gerrard, Defoe.

I predict an England thrashing, Algeria are woeful. Hopefully not though.

we got the ref from the opening game, nice, he was quality and very fair

No offence to the Irish but if Ireland where able to beat Algeria 3-0 we should be able to and be aiming to match that and/or even get better.

should have taken the shot gerrard,

Status
Not open for further replies.