Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, England are a good team, but personally I think the pressure and criticsm they got was immense. They got booed of the pitch, so what if they didn't perform up to standards. Give em' a round of applause, James could have made a big mistake, he had the whole weight of England resting on his shoulders, yet he tried his best to rally the England players towards the final minutes. And we all knew in the back of our heads that Fabio was gonna slate them in the dressing room, probably throw a few boots around aswell! So after saying this I have to congratulate the England team, they did not lose it, they did not lose a game that they could have so easily lost, they did not lose their tempers at most they lost a bit of credibilty. So please look at the bright side they have all to play for against Serbia, they will do better and they will learn from they're mistakes! Besides Algeria had no points and already had it all to play for so they were out to suprise.

NB: Sorry for the rant.

You Man United fans need to get over yourselves and Rooney. Rooney was the shittiest out of a team of ****. I excluded Lampard, Lennon and Heskey as well so don't get over-sensitive. We need to buck up our ideas, it isn't the formation that stinks, it is the style of play (long ball) and the non-existent passion amongst the players.

No, today it was the formation that was everything wrong with England. Algeria play with 3 men at the back which is essentially designed as a counter of 4-4-2 formations as it meant Algeria were a man up in midfield and was probably why they played better passing exchanges and with better players would have really hurt England. I'm very suprised Capello didn't change the team due to this but maybe he was happy with a draw although it seems unlikely.

Another point is that a 4-4-2 doesn't get the best out of England's players. Gerrard and Lampard cannot partner in midfield as proven many times over meaning that Barry has to act as the midfield destroyer (I thought Barry was out best player today). Because Lampard and Gerrard are both "undropable" Gerrard gets farmed out to the left which would work in theory as he could drift inside and provide space for Cole but based on that performance nothing is working.

Rooney did have a very **** game but name me one player who could be proud of their performance (bar David James who did well with absoloutly nothing to do).

Wtf?! We've conceded one goal so far, guess what, that was the mistake. So how you can 'bar' that is just ridiculous. :S

I'm saying that the defence is not the problem as no goals have been conceded except for the single mistake by the goalkeeper. The problem is not us conceding goals but scoring them. We seem to be able to draw games fine but we need wins!

breaking news on skynews. england fan breach security and try to get into the england players dressing room and ended up confronting david beckham

No, today it was the formation that was everything wrong with England. Algeria play with 3 men at the back which is essentially designed as a counter of 4-4-2 formations as it meant Algeria were a man up in midfield and was probably why they played better passing exchanges and with better players would have really hurt England. I'm very suprised Capello didn't change the team due to this but maybe he was happy with a draw although it seems unlikely.

Another point is that a 4-4-2 doesn't get the best out of England's players. Gerrard and Lampard cannot partner in midfield as proven many times over meaning that Barry has to act as the midfield destroyer (I thought Barry was out best player today). Because Lampard and Gerrard are both "undropable" Gerrard gets farmed out to the left which would work in theory as he could drift inside and provide space for Cole but based on that performance nothing is working.

Rooney did have a very **** game but name me one player who could be proud of their performance (bar David James who did well with absoloutly nothing to do).

I would drop Lampard as stated above and play Cole/Gerrard/Barry/Wright-Phillips as I have previously stated.

P.S: My observations was that it was the black players that were good for England today.

What the **** are you talking about? When would you ever take a mental not that more black or white players are playing better? oO)

I dont agree that they dont care I just think they are all so afraid of making a mistake so they dont want the ball as then they can make a mistake

i never said they didnt care i said they let their clubs rule their head and find it hard to gel with their england teamates.

capello needs to drop lampard and play
Hart
Johnson-Terry-Dawson-Cole
Milner-Barry
Lennon-Gerrard-J.Cole
Rooney
with gerrard given the role he has at liverpool and milner and barry to hold

i just want to add a little bit to my other post. this is how you can tell fans put club before country and no other nation does. look at the flags around the ground the st geroges cross and plus they have whoever owns the flags club team badge or name placed on the flag. now for a fact majority off every other nations just have their countrys flag with no club name/badge on it.

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

yer breaking news on sky news mate.

What the **** are you talking about? When would you ever take a mental not that more black or white players are playing better? oO)
I couldn't be asked to write out names and skin colour is an easy way to describe people. I am sorry if I have somehow caused offence by calling players black; I didn't know you couldn't refer to groups of people any more, I must have missed the raising of the Iron curtain over Britain.

I couldn't be asked to write out names and skin colour is an easy way to describe people. I am sorry if I have somehow caused offence by calling players black; I didn't know you couldn't refer to groups of people any more, I must have missed the raising of the Iron curtain over Britain.

So singling out black people isn't a bad thing?

You learn something new every day.

See post below for better response.

no its the fact you mentioned it like you were bringing race into a FOOTBALL discussion. like he said why would you even notice it?

So singling out black people isn't a bad thing?

You learn something new every day.
If I had said the whites were better I would have been in trouble and I'm in trouble for saying the blacks were better as well. Somebody call the thought police!

If I had said the whites were better I would have been in trouble and I'm in trouble for saying the blacks were better as well. Somebody call the thought police!

You're in trouble for MENTIONING race entirely, you spastic.

A race war on a football thread?

Forums these days..

We did ****, get over it. We won't drop anyone, we just need a change of motivation and a different formation.

Mate you clearly do not understand the notion of racism, it's not whites vs. the world it's singling out a group of people for the skin colour/nationality. I wasn't really offended by your first statement just confused really.

P.S. "thought police" is probably the biggest fail at humour/irony/cleverness I have ever seen, well done.

You're in trouble for MENTIONING race entirely, you spastic.

There is no need for terrible language mate, we are all frustrated but you in particular seem to be getting a bit over-excited due to the fact I said that black players played better today. If is said James, Defoe etc played better than Lampard, Rooney etc you wouldn't have batted an eyelid!

Status
Not open for further replies.