England vs Bulgaria

rooney is a number 10 first and foremost. yes he can play as a number nine, but there are better finishers out there (defoe). the question shouldnt be who plays alongside rooney, but who plays in front of him. friday was old school rooney, ie 2006-2009, roving very deep into the space between midfield and defence, no one quite sure who is picking him. it's the kind of play that forces teams to play a dedicated dmc just to pick him up. i wonder what hitzfield will have thought watching that game as swtizerland play 4-4-2 as well. could be a tough game for inler. rooney and gerrard could make his life very difficult

rooney is a number 10 first and foremost. yes he can play as a number nine, but there are better finishers out there (defoe). the question shouldnt be who plays alongside rooney, but who plays in front of him. friday was old school rooney, ie 2006-2009, roving very deep into the space between midfield and defence, no one quite sure who is picking him. it's the kind of play that forces teams to play a dedicated dmc just to pick him up. i wonder what hitzfield will have thought watching that game as swtizerland play 4-4-2 as well. could be a tough game for inler. rooney and gerrard could make his life very difficult

Yeah, it was vintage Rooney we were seeing out there. We've got a potentially devastating axis between Rooney and Gerrard - if teams press high up, Rooney can drop deep and have plenty of space. If they go deep and track him with a defensive mid, then Gerrard can burst from deep. We have two extremely creative, quality players both playing in the same team at the minute, and it allows us to find new points of attack extremely quickly.

Yeah, it was vintage Rooney we were seeing out there. We've got a potentially devastating axis between Rooney and Gerrard - if teams press high up, Rooney can drop deep and have plenty of space. If they go deep and track him with a defensive mid, then Gerrard can burst from deep. We have two extremely creative, quality players both playing in the same team at the minute, and it allows us to find new points of attack extremely quickly.
gerrard and rooney have a great understanding and i think its this relationship that is helping gerrard to settle at cm, when rooney comes deep, gerrard can exploit that gap with his own runs

if they did boo thats embarrassing, and pathetic. i know playin' fm is bulgarian so i apologise to him our behalf
and im also Bulgarian (proberly only 2 bulgarians on the site) and also as to the game we got destroyed by Defoe. you deserved the win because we were very poor and you deserved the win and but why boo our anthem when theres Wales, Montenegro and Switzerland :'(

and im also Bulgarian (proberly only 2 bulgarians on the site) and also as to the game we got destroyed by Defoe. you deserved the win because we were very poor and you deserved the win and but why boo our anthem when theres Wales, Montenegro and Switzerland :'(

If we did (and it may just be me, but I thought we did) then it is utterly disgraceful and I can only apologise on behalf of all of the non-dipshit football fans in England.

Back