England vs Bulgaria

Agreed on Jags, I think he's a class act. Quicker than Dawson too. Cahill's good and can spread the ball around well, but I think he isn't quite as good as Jagielka.

Aye Cahill is a decent defender, good backup for Rio. Hoping the likes of Smalling, Kelly, Tomkins etc can really step it up to give us good a defence for the future.

Ferdinand is England's best defender of that there is no doubt now having saw most of them ... it's who to partner with him ?
Cole at left back is THE most overrated player on the planet at present time ... sure he is good going forward but he's employed as a left back though and not too great at defending as every year Chelsea are dawn against one of the better sides in europe proves time and time again.
Jagielka looks the real deal to me personally though I do believe that Dawson WILL get better in the next few seasons and looks like a real diamond for future games to come for England.
I can never understand as to why the fellow Agbonlahor never seems to get picked though.

Ferdinand is England's best defender of that there is no doubt now having saw most of them ... it's who to partner with him ?
Cole at left back is THE most overrated player on the planet at present time ... sure he is good going forward but he's employed as a left back though and not too great at defending as every year Chelsea are dawn against one of the better sides in europe proves time and time again.
Jagielka looks the real deal to me personally though I do believe that Dawson WILL get better in the next few seasons and looks like a real diamond for future games to come for England.
I can never understand as to why the fellow Agbonlahor never seems to get picked though.

Which European games has Ashley Cole been **** at defending in?

Good performance by England, and everyone seemed to work hard and gave 100%. I liked the fact that Rooney got 3 assists tonight as it will hopefully put him back on the right track to find his form again that he had pre world cup. Defoe was clinical tonight and was at his best, hopefully the injury for him isn't bad, same for Dawson. I'd like to see more of Adam Johnson to be honest, starting next time aswell, he looked good when he came on.

Agree on the Lampard point that was brought up earlier in the thread about not needing him in the starting XI anymore, also dropping him might make him wake up a bit and work harder for his place.

Well done England, now lets do it against bigger opposition for once please!

Defoe was awsome xD
A. Jonhson will have a great future

Agreed on Jags, I think he's a class act. Quicker than Dawson too. Cahill's good and can spread the ball around well, but I think he isn't quite as good as Jagielka.

Dawson is better though, stats shown he was best defender in PL last year, just has problems with Injuries.

Wouldn't get to carried away with results, hardly against a good side, this is what happend in last Qualifiers, everyone being complacent , then get owned in the big competitions., hopefully manager/players will perform this time, but knowing England with a foreign manager you never know.

Last edited:
no one getting complacent and the style of the 4-4-2 was very different from pre south africa. i dont know why you're making apoint about a foreign manager though... we had an english one before him and failed to qualify for euro 2008, so his nationality is fairly irrelevant

England in general you never know, should say. But either way you cant judge from these qualifiers. Team cruised through last qualifiers also, then looked what happened. Hope for best for you guys. Hope they all wont go we ganna win it like last time (complacent)

England in general you never know, should say. But either way you cant judge from these qualifiers. Team cruised through last qualifiers also, then looked what happened. Hope for best for you guys. Hope they all wont go we ganna win it like last time (complacent)
we never said we were gonna win it last time either, you''re confusing fans with the media, two different ideas of thought

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

Eds 99 just to add, gerrards passing stats: 70 passes made, and 94% completion accuracy. hate him

Dawson is better though, stats shown he was best defender in PL last year, just has problems with Injuries.

You've said this time and again. Where is the proof Dawson was the best defender in the PL?

Moreover, since when has he had problems with injuries? He's had one injury. Doesn't make him injury-prone.

Eds 99 just to add, gerrards passing stats: 70 passes made, and 94% completion accuracy. hate him

Haha, he played such a lovely CM role, I was delighted.

One of the passes that was counted as not-completed was a lovely through ball to Defoe, who jumped for the header and simply missed it...

Haha, he played such a lovely CM role, I was delighted.

One of the passes that was counted as not-completed was a lovely through ball to Defoe, who jumped for the header and simply missed it...
but he played it like i said he would, he had to sacrifice some of his game in terms of getting formwas. and more importantly can he recreate the same against a top class 3 man mid?, a far cry away from bulgaria

but he played it like i said he would, he had to sacrifice some of his game in terms of getting formwas. and more importantly can he recreate the same against a top class 3 man mid?, a far cry away from bulgaria

He made some brilliant runs forward. ****, when Rooney won everyone over with his little ****, he could easily have slotted Gerrard in for a simple finish, as he came dashing forward.

He made some brilliant runs forward. ****, when Rooney won everyone over with his little ****, he could easily have slotted Gerrard in for a simple finish, as he came dashing forward.

He's not saying he wasn't good going forward, he said he'd need to sacrifice some of his attacking game. Which he did. Not that that is a bad thing, just he had to because of his more withdrawn role.

He's not saying he wasn't good going forward, he said he'd need to sacrifice some of his attacking game. Which he did. Not that that is a bad thing, just he had to because of his more withdrawn role.

I'm sure he's talking about Gerrard's barnstorming runs...

he had to sacrifice some of his game

SOME of his game. Gerrard made some great runs, yes, but not as many as he would have done otherwise. This is no indictment on Gerrard's quality, this is just part of the deal of playing farther back.

He plays that position for England better than Lampard does so it's good enough for me.

SOME of his game. Gerrard made some great runs, yes, but not as many as he would have done otherwise. This is no indictment on Gerrard's quality, this is just part of the deal of playing farther back.
i agree. my main point was the people expected the all-action of gerrard at amc, but at mc, and i said this simply wouldnt be the case, he would have to change, something that he had been either unable, or unwilling to do previously. but in the same one game doesnt make england a very good side again, one game doesnt make gerrard a quality cm again, he must now keep it up, consistently and against better and tougher opposition

Last edited:
Rooney was *****.
Ashley Cole was brilliant..

Typical Chelsea supporter. Rooney was very, very good tonight (as was Cole). Only players I didn't feel played well were Johnson and the central defensive partnership looked shaky at times. Good performance against an okay side, at best.

3 assists and big hand in a fourth, it was his brilliant pass that released cole for the first, you thin he didnt do much i dont know what game you were watching. you then say cole was outstanding. :S

i didn't realise until i watched the game again that Rooney was ment to be playing deeper. I did think some of his touches were quite heavy still but having watched the game again and understanding his role he was very good.

and Ben i am a massive fan of Rooney and i am part of a small minority that actually put Country before Club so your comment means nothing.

Back