England vs Bulgaria

Ha, I see your point. Hopefully Capello does too.

Full match scores:

England 4-0 Bulgaria
Gerrard 2-0 Madsheep
Rooney 2-0 All his moronic critics

And one more result for you: France lost to Belarus. At home.
lol curse you gerrard, but to be fair i said he'd have to sacrifice some his more attacking instincts, and he did today, very happy to be wrong. keep it up for england stevie.

I'd say Madsheep 0 - 2 Eds and Gerrard, tbh. ;)

Hehe, France.

Hmm, well played England.

Good game which is unlike England, fully deserved the win..

Don't worry, We've got European Championships in the bag.. ;)

Hehe, France.
lol its not over yet a 2 man mid is one thing. the real test will be in a three man mid for liverpool when he is deployed at central mid. but yeah hes makng me eat my words so far. would really like to see his passing stats and heat map for tonight

This will sound stupid I know seeing as England won but Bulgaria are not good in a 'big team' sense and all through my life watching football the English football fan has ALWAYS but always got carried away when they beat a lesser nation.
What's the problem I hear you ask ? Well I'll tell you ... you *** your team up out of all proportion and then when you meet a decent team you all ***** as to why you never do well against them ... jings even Algeria played you guys off the park ..
Thing is England need a ''good'' manager who will actually pick the better players and NOT the ones that the likes of your daily newspapers and Sky pundits say are good. It's not like you haven't had good managers before.
Remember in the real world England's better players are not necessarily the guys who are playing with the top clubs because they same fellows play with tremendous talent all around Them and are made to look better than they actually are.
I have no idea as to how the likes of Lampard get to pull on an England jersey and although he plays in a different position Agbonlahor (spelling) doesn't ... weird in the extreme ? as for Carrol ... lump of wood.
England should be world beaters with the set-up at their disposal tbh and the sheer amount of really good players that they have to call upon ... us Scots ... we don't even have a ball-playing midfielder let alone a few good strikers any more :'(
Well done in scoring the four goals however as it isn't always an easy task never mind who the opposition are.

Last edited:

I'd like to take this momentary lapse of everyone's memory to convince them that I always thought Gerrard would be a superb central midfielder and never doubted him. :D

France ... oh my !

hahahahaha, good enough for the froggies :)

Result of the night ? Northern Ireland winning IN Slovenia. WoW !

Last edited:
Drop Lampard. We seriously don't need him any more.

agreed - obviously keep him on the bench,
i'd also swap Barry for Carrick or Thudd, far far better players than Gareth Barry imo.

agreed - obviously keep him on the bench,
i'd also swap Barry for Carrick or Thudd, far far better players than Gareth Barry imo.

I'd usually agree, but when you've got the Barry-Milner-Johnson connection, it'd be a waste not to play him.

Although I wouldn't go as far as saying "far, far better".

Decent result and a much better performance. Hart was different class behind a centre back partnership that looked out of place at times. I know Rooney made 2 goals but for me he didnt do much else unfortunatly. The midfield looked much more fluid and Ashley Cole was just absolutely sensational easily the best left back in the world easily.

see what happens when we are pessimistic?
we should have played like this vs germany

I'd usually agree, but when you've got the Barry-Milner-Johnson connection, it'd be a waste not to play him.

Although I wouldn't go as far as saying "far, far better".

i don't think that combination will mean so much tbh;
and i say their far far better as Barry is a very over-rated player imo...

Problem was/is Germany are waaaay better than Bulgaria are now though I would agree that in all honesty Capello got it all wrong with team selection at that world cup ... no doubts about that especially when you see the likes of Algeria playing England off the park ... THAT wasn't right.
I do hope England get better as I for one always look to see how they are doing (mind you I usually have them on a footy coupon) as I look for them to once again win the major tournaments. :) C'mon England

Decent result and a much better performance. Hart was different class behind a centre back partnership that looked out of place at times. I know Rooney made 2 goals but for me he didnt do much else unfortunatly. The midfield looked much more fluid and Ashley Cole was just absolutely sensational easily the best left back in the world easily.

Rooney was *****.
Ashley Cole was brilliant..

Typical Chelsea supporter. Rooney was very, very good tonight (as was Cole). Only players I didn't feel played well were Johnson and the central defensive partnership looked shaky at times. Good performance against an okay side, at best.

3 assists and big hand in a fourth, it was his brilliant pass that released cole for the first, you thin he didnt do much i dont know what game you were watching. you then say cole was outstanding. :S

The fact that the 2 CBs looked shaky at times is understandable, considering they haven't played together before and are inexperienced on the international scene. I thought Jagielka looked quite good today.

The fact that the 2 CBs looked shaky at times is understandable, considering they haven't played together before and are inexperienced on the international scene. I thought Jagielka looked quite good today.

Indeed, it was to be expected to be honest.

Indeed, it was to be expected to be honest.
its teh one place where you really dont want to chop and change. it will be interesting when terry returns. personally i'd rather have 2 of the three who played to day, or if fit and on form, ferdinand plus one of them, ideally dawson

its teh one place where you really dont want to chop and change. it will be interesting when terry returns. personally i'd rather have 2 of the three who played to day, or if fit and on form, ferdinand plus one of them, ideally dawson

Honestly I prefer Jagielka even though I don't like the guy he is a very good defender. As is Dawson but I reckon Jags edges it. As you said it will be interesting to see who is picked at centre half.

Agreed on Jags, I think he's a class act. Quicker than Dawson too. Cahill's good and can spread the ball around well, but I think he isn't quite as good as Jagielka.

Back