@dmf180593
Reaction score

105px-England_crest_2009.svg.png
110px-Ghana_FA.png

Kick off: 20:00
Venue: Wembley, North West London
Channel: ITV 1

Team News:

England manager Fabio Capello has hinted that he will continue with the 4-3-3 system that led England to a 2-0 win in Wales, after he announced that Andy Carroll will start this friendly game. Liverpool's new £35M striker has only one cap to his name (a substitute appearance vs France) and will look to impress with Wayne Rooney being suspended for England's next qualifier vs Switzerland in June meaning that striker option is up for grabs. The Italian manager also confirmed that Phil Jagielka, Gary Cahill and Leighton Baines will start too.

Fabio Capello released 5 members of the squad early due to Champions League commitments, so there will be some gaps available for the English. Frank Lampard, John Terry, Wayne Rooney, Michael Dawson and Kyle Walker (injury) have all been released early, so Gareth Barry will captain England on Tuesday.

Ghana will look to show that the World Cup was no fluke as Michael Essien and co look to cause an upset. Asamoah Gyan is expected to lead the line for Ghana as he will look to outshine former Sunderland team mate Darren Bent.

Predicted Line Up:

England

Hart
Johnson - Jagielka - Cahill - Baines
Parker
Wilshere - Barry
Lennon ----------------------- Milner
Carroll

Prediction

England 1-1 Ghana

Last edited:
England 3 - 0 Ghana

Defoe x2, and someone else to round off the win.

Predicted Line Up:

England

Hart
Johnson - Jagielka - Cahill - Baines
Parker
Wilshere - Barry
Lennon ----------------------- Milner
Carroll

If Parker and Wilshere both start, I reckon Barry will drop back - more natural as DM than Parker is.

2 Nil again, I think, unless Ghana score an early goal then they'll be a few problems, Carroll and Lennon? header by the Liverpool man, and a rebound tap in by Lennon

If Parker and Wilshere both start, I reckon Barry will drop back - more natural as DM than Parker is.

I thought this originally, but during the press conference Barry was talking about Parker having the holding role and well it worked in Copenhagen.

Decent squad to be honest apart from Barry and is basically our reserves. Looking forward to seeing how Jag an Cahill get on. Also to see Baines whipping in crosses, free-kicks and corners to Carrolls head.

Well considering he supports Fulham I would say he is English and He's opinion is **** so you grow the **** up.

Just because you support a team means nothing. An opinion can't be ****, so keep your stupidity to yourself.

I beg to differ. I support Chelsea, and I'm Indian. And personally, I root for the english national team all the time too, but I think they won't win this one against Ghana.

The fool was banned. Continue as normal.

P.s. 0 - 0.

Well considering he supports Fulham I would say he is English and He's opinion is **** so you grow the **** up.

"1993" your 17/18? seriously? wow what an internet warrior.... hope you get banned ;)

edit: rofl banned hahahah

edit 2 : England to win 2-1 :P

I get the feeling there are going to be lots of goals in this one. 3-2 for Ghana would be my call.

Don't think there'll be many goals as England will be playing a weakened side and will lack their usual creativity/spark so a draw looks the most likely.

Back