England vs Ghana - Tues 29th March

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 478
  • Views Views 26K
England 1-1 Ghana

Wilshere and Gyan to score.

Jagielka's Starting, i think 3-1 England, we wont keep a clean sheet against Ghana

2-2 Crouch and Cahill to score. Is crouch still in the squad or has he been released as he's involved in the Champions League?

2-2 Crouch and Cahill to score. Is crouch still in the squad or has he been released as he's involved in the Champions League?

He's still involved as he didn't play on Saturday. Anyone with Champions League commitments that played on Saturday has been released.

So Barry is captain, we are playing past the parcel with the armand, brilliant.

If Parker and Wilshere both start, I reckon Barry will drop back - more natural as DM than Parker is.

But, also, a worse DM. Barry was good for Villa in a role where he could essentially play box to box. If we let Wilshere take on the 'Lampard role' from the other night and Barry to take on Wilshere's, it may worse.

Wouldn't mind so much if Barry wasn't so ********* awful. I'd give it to Cole or Rooney for this game.

But, also, a worse DM. Barry was good for Villa in a role where he could essentially play box to box. If we let Wilshere take on the 'Lampard role' from the other night and Barry to take on Wilshere's, it may worse.

Wouldn't mind so much if Barry wasn't so ********* awful. I'd give it to Cole or Rooney for this game.

Cole and Rooney are back at their respective clubs. The captain's armband shouldn't be that much of an issue, the players should be able to perform whoever the captain is

Do you really think we will line up like this?

England

Hart
Johnson - Jagielka - Cahill - Baines
Parker
Wilshere - Barry
Lennon ----------------------- Milner
Carroll​

I was thinking more like this...

England

Hart
Johnson - Jagielka - Lescott - Baines
Parker
Wilshere - Barry
Lennon ----------------------- Jarvis
Carroll/Defoe​

Cole and Rooney have both been released early. Barry is the most experienced player in the squad now with 45 caps. After him it's Crouch with 42, and he's not exactly captain material.

Reckon it will be a 1-1 draw. Ghana has a point to prove with us so I reckon it will be quite a tough fight. As much as Carroll's big presence would cause some panic in the Ghana defence, without Rooney I just think England doesn't have with themselves a world class attacking threat.

Hopefully I'll be wrong and see England triumphant with a clean sheet

Do you really think we will line up like this?

England

Hart
Johnson - Jagielka - Cahill - Baines
Parker
Wilshere - Barry
Lennon ----------------------- Milner
Carroll​

I was thinking more like this...

England

Hart
Johnson - Jagielka - Lescott - Baines
Parker
Wilshere - Barry
Lennon ----------------------- Jarvis
Carroll/Defoe​

If you read the OP, you'd know that Carroll, Baines, Jagielka, Cahill and Hart have all been told they will start. Jarvis won't start, he'll come on as a sub hence why I said Milner will start on the wing. Midfield is exactly the same except you have Parker in DM, whereas I'm not sure which of the two will play in which position of the 3, although they're both capable of playing in either.

Why is Barry seen as so good? Is it just me who thinks he's average at best?

England 2-1 Ghana
how far did ghana get in the world cup again? (**** memoryXD)

Cole and Rooney have both been released early. Barry is the most experienced player in the squad now with 45 caps. After him it's Crouch with 42, and he's not exactly captain material.

Give it to Jack!

Not really fussed who's captain for Wed tbh. Don't really think it matters that much and I'm incredibly uninspired ahead of this friendly. Just want Wilshere home safe ;)

9-0 Ghana, a hattrick each for Gyan, Muntari and Mensah.
I almost don't know who to support :S :O

No, everyone else thinks he's **** too.

Give it to Jack!

Not really fussed who's captain for Wed tbh. Don't really think it matters that much and I'm incredibly uninspired ahead of this friendly. Just want Wilshere home safe ;)

Tuesday, but yeah - really don't think anyone cares about this friendly. Has Capello ever let anyone leave the squad early for a friendly unless they were injured? :$

Come on England!

3-1, Gyan for Ghana, Carroll, Wilshere and Cahill for us :)

Decent squad to be honest apart from Barry

Evidently not. :P

Cole and Rooney are back at their respective clubs. The captain's armband shouldn't be that much of an issue, the players should be able to perform whoever the captain is

I see. You're completely right though, the captaincy is a pretty minor issue. Maybe Jags? I like Jags.

Back