England vs Ghana - Tues 29th March

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 478
  • Views Views 26K
Evidently not. :P

I see. You're completely right though, the captaincy is a pretty minor issue. Maybe Jags? I like Jags.

I'd give it to Jags or Parker. Like Parkers tireless workrate during games. Puts some world class players to shame sometimes

what about baines? he would be a good captain i feel 3-1 england - carroll lennon and young? is young playing if not then wilshire

I'd give it to Jags or Parker. Like Parkers tireless workrate during games. Puts some world class players to shame sometimes
I'd have given it to Jags, but then that would alienate Barry. Having said that, i would have dropped Barry anyway

Honestly can see us losing here, but a draw seems the most likely result IMO.

depends on whether the fringe players seize the opportunity, and whether we regress to 4-4-2. 4-4-2 isnt dead, but England simply cant play it well

I'd have given it to Jags, but then that would alienate Barry. Having said that, i would have dropped Barry anyway

Oh no, alienating Barry! Our greatest fear! <)

Considering the way Capello's handled the captaincy so far, I think the point of alienating people has long passed.

I think we can win. Ayew's been on hot form IIRC, and we all know Gyan is a good player. The midfield will be critical: they've heavy on physical, hard working combative players but low on actual technical quality. If anything, we've got the opposite problem.

Oh no, alienating Barry! Our greatest fear! <)

Considering the way Capello's handled the captaincy so far, I think the point of alienating people has long passed.

I think we can win. Ayew's been on hot form IIRC, and we all know Gyan is a good player. The midfield will be critical: they've heavy on physical, hard working combative players but low on actual technical quality. If anything, we've got the opposite problem.
they are going to press us like nobody's business, if we play 4-4-2 we will lose

I'd love to see Jarvis start on the left, as an old fashioned winger he is brilliant. With Carroll in the middle picking up crosses from Jarvis, and Lennon I predict:
England 3- Ghana 0 (Carroll hatrick XD)

realistically though England 1 - Ghana 0 (Barry pen)

they are going to press us like nobody's business, if we play 4-4-2 we will lose

They do have a 9 hour journey from the Congo though. And how bothered are any of the 22 starters going to be? I know I'm not.

We certainly can win, on paper the odds of us winner are better than us losing but I just naturally assume the worst result will come when Barry plays.

I'd love to see Jarvis start on the left, as an old fashioned winger he is brilliant. With Carroll in the middle picking up crosses from Jarvis, and Lennon I predict:
England 3- Ghana 0 (Carroll hatrick XD)

realistically though England 1 - Ghana 0 (Barry pen)

Funny you should mention that. Seeing as their central defence is likely going to be J. Mensah and, er, J. Mensah, Carroll's height might be useful against the smaller, elder John. Jonathan Mensah is taller though IIRC. Got the makings of a good CB partnership there actually...

A RIGID 4-4-2, anyway. I'd much prefer a 4-3-3 variant though, we need to focus on our strength (central midfield) and mitigate our weakness (strikers).

They do have a 9 hour journey from the Congo though. And how bothered are any of the 22 starters going to be? I know I'm not.
Make no mistake, there are a lot of Ghanaians in London, and the national team know this, they will be fired up and they will come to play, and they will take this very seriously. If we dont, we have a real chance of getting beat

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Funny you should mention that. Seeing as their central defence is likely going to be J. Mensah and, er, J. Mensah, Carroll's height might be useful against the smaller, elder John. Jonathan Mensah is taller though IIRC. Got the makings of a good CB partnership there actually...

A RIGID 4-4-2, anyway. I'd much prefer a 4-3-3 variant though, we need to focus on our strength (central midfield) and mitigate our weakness (strikers).
its Barry in the middle, the 4-4-2 can only be rigid... :(

Make no mistake, there are a lot of Ghanaians in London, and the national team know this, they will be fired up and they will come to play, and they will take this very seriously. If we dont, we have a real chance of getting beat

I completely agree that if we don't turn up, and they do, we'll get beat... Just wonder how up for it the Ghanaian team will be since they will have flown for 9 hours. I think we'll be fine, though.

I completely agree that if we don't turn up, and they do, we'll get beat... Just wonder how up for it the Ghanaian team will be since they will have flown for 9 hours. I think we'll be fine, though.
They'll be up for it, we can be sure of that

They'll be up for it, we can be sure of that

A chance for a few of the Ghana players to show themselves off in front of the 'mighty' England. They will def be up for it

Back