England vs Ghana - Tues 29th March

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 478
  • Views Views 26K
That was a mis-control from Downing

Rubbish, it was a lay off. Not even being biased this time. If he'd wanted it for himself he would've brought it down with his instep, not poked it with his outstep.

Tbh im not saying this cus im a a liverpool fan but rooney would not get into the england team i i were manager ( same with lampard )

Hart
Glen - Rio - Terry - Cole
Parker
Gerrard - Wilshere
Walcott/Lennon - Carroll - Young

love the new system there playing and it seems to work wonders but until rooney/lampard finds thier form i wouldnt play them

Tbh im not saying this cus im a a liverpool fan but rooney would not get into the england team i i were manager ( same with lampard )

Hart
Glen - Rio - Terry - Cole
Parker
Gerrard - Wilshere
Walcott/Lennon - Carroll - Young

love the new system there playing and it seems to work wonders but until rooney finds his form i wouldnt play him

No way. Rooney was great the other day, and he is simply a better player than Carroll. Also takes some of the creative burden off Wilshere/Lampard/Gerrard. I'd love to see him playing a false nine role for us in the future.

hes made very few mistakes this season, but the amount of quality saves hes made has EASILY outweighed that. i honestly hope he stays at city, hes gonna be a top class keeper.

Why do you say that? Of course he will stay...he will get a long contract extension in the summer and he is trained at the club.

And he said he wants to stay. Where would he go otherwise?

But Carrol and Johnson would get in ahead of Bent and walker/ richards yet both in better form.

Going on form, but you put Gerrard in ahead of Lamaprd?
Glen Johnson ahead of Micah Richards/Kyle Walker?
Carroll ahead of Wayne Rooney/Darren Bent?

But of course.. no bias eh? ;)

But Carrol and Johnson would get in ahead of Bent and walker/ richards yet both in better form.

i simply went with carroll because he is a target man and a system like this i believe works better with a target man...
no doubt rooney is a better player but he is psis poor for england and one decent match against wales doesnt change that

and yes lfc fan or not id rather have glen over walker or richards anyday

Going on form, but you put Gerrard in ahead of Lamaprd?
Glen Johnson ahead of Micah Richards/Kyle Walker?
Carroll ahead of Wayne Rooney/Darren Bent?

But of course.. no bias eh? ;)

im not going on form im goign on what will suit the system better imo...

yes id put glen in... yes id put gerrard in

and carroll is a maybe but he needs to prove it.. if we had another world class striker i think we'd be complete

i simply went with carroll because he is a target man and a system like this i believe works better with a target man...
no doubt rooney is a better player but he is psis poor for england and one decent match against wales doesnt change that

and yes lfc fan or not id rather have glen over walker or richards anyday

Why thought Glen is **** poor all the time.... Bent scored against Wales and lets be honest Carrol is a good player with a great potential future in the game, but he is not better then bent or rooney at this current moment...

Why do you say that? Of course he will stay...he will get a long contract extension in the summer and he is trained at the club.

And he said he wants to stay. Where would he go otherwise?

i say that because of how the transfer market works nowadays, you rarely see players living the most of their football careers at the same club.

Joleon Lescott on for Glen Johnson. Jagielka to right back.

Ghana made 3 subs, one which makes it John Mensah and Jonathan Mensah at centre half.

Why thought Glen is **** poor all the time.... Bent scored against Wales and lets be honest Carrol is a good player with a great potential future in the game, but he is not better then bent or rooney at this current moment...

glen hasent had the best of seasons i agree but he has done well tonight and in odd games this season he has shown what he can do... richards and walker too inexpeirienced

and i agree with that about carroll... i just think a target man suits the system better...

Me and my friend have too much time on our hands. We just came up with this:

England vs Ghana drinking game!

Take ONE shot if:

The commentators get the two Mensahs mixed up

youre not going to be able to pour quick enough

Jagielka caught out at RB already...

im not going on form im goign on what will suit the system better imo...

yes id put glen in... yes id put gerrard in

and carroll is a maybe but he needs to prove it.. if we had another world class striker i think we'd be complete

But you said until Rooney/Lampard find their form you won't put them in, which means you're going on current form, in which case they should both be in.

glen hasent had the best of seasons i agree but he has done well tonight and in odd games this season he has shown what he can do... richards and walker too inexpeirienced

and i agree with that about carroll... i just think a target man suits the system better...

But one good game doesnt mean he is good enough, Richards has been paying for 6 years, and wilshire being 19 doesnt seem a bother, so how can you call richards inexperience.

I like Derek Boateng's hair. Makes the midfield destroyer easy to recognise.

given the fluidity of the 5 behind him, especially the attacking 3, a false nine trumps a targetman every which way for england with this setup. False nine is easily the better option,

Back