Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Midfield
Mark van Bommel (AC Milan)
Nigel de Jong (Manchester City)
Adam Maher (AZ)
Wesley Sneijder (Inter)
Stijn Schaars (Sporting)
Kevin Strootman (FC Utrecht)
Rafael van der Vaart (Tottenham Hotspur)
Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV)

Strikers
Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04)
Ola John (FC Twente)
Luuk de Jong (FC Twente)
Jeremain Lens (PSV)
Luciano Narsingh (sc Heerenveen)
Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool)
Robin van Persie (Arsenal)
Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich)

So, perhaps Anita, Pieters or Emanuelson at LB. If it's Emanuelson, my point still stands. If it's Pieters, Studger would have the legs on him. If it's Anita... well, perhaps he's the best choice, being right-footed and therefore able to follow Sturridge inside easily.

EDIT: Bruma might play. SOMEONE CALL UP HESKEY

that team against?:
Persie​

Elia Sneijder Robben

Van Bommel Strootman

Drenthe Mathijssen Heitinga V/D Wiel​

Van der Wiel won't play, he's injured. Elia and Drenthe aren't selected either. And I think Klaas Jan Huntelaar will be the striker.
Maybe van Marwijk (the coach) will try something new with a 4-4-2 system or something else.

-Stekelenburg-

-Undecided- -Heitinga- -Mathijsen- -Anita-

-VanBommel- - DeJong-

-Robben- -Sneijder- -Kuyt-

-RVP/Klaas

Robben and Kuyt could change depending on the winger, Dirk could be useful against Adam Johnson should he play on the right, think he'll play on the left due to it being a fairly weak spot on the defense. Anita is good, yes, but don't think he is up to match the England wingers. As with RB. Not to mention Micah Richard's/GJ's bombing runs forward.

Hollands backs are the weakest positions of the squad, the squad i posted is just how i like to see it but van Marwijk will probably go for
Persie

Kuyt Sneijder Robben

Van Bommel Strootman

Erik Pieters/Anita Mathijssen Heitinga Undecided​

I think this means the left side of England will be the most dangerous for Holland because Robben doesnt defend.
Kuyt on the other hand has a lot of energy and he will defend back.
I think if England can control the left wing or Midfield they have a fair chance against Holland.​

Last edited:
although i hope V Marwijk will play emmanuelson as the left wingback ..

I imagine Baines may be reluctant to go forward if he is up against Robben. He'll likely be playing behind Ash Young or Sturridge, neither of whom exactly love tracking back which main force Baines' hand. Depends how brave he/ Pearce want to be.

Of course Sneijder (sp?), Robben and V. Persie (if he plays) strike fear into any defence but I believe we have enough quality to cause their defence some problems. I trust Parker up against Sneijder which is a mark of what a great season he has had. (Finally playing to the standard he was 10 years ago and is finally getting recognition for it :mad:)

People saying Walcott should be replaced by Chamberlain because Walcott has been poor are confusing me as, aside from the Manchester United and Blackburn games that were a while ago now, the Ox has also been poor. Neither deserve to be in the squad.

Just thought I'd post something to do with the England U-21's. Phil Neville accepted an invite to join the backroom staff to help out for the Belgium game on Wednesday. Very happy Evertonian. Couldn't have happened to a better person.

Just thought I'd post something to do with the England U-21's. Phil Neville accepted an invite to join the backroom staff to help out for the Belgium game on Wednesday. Very happy Evertonian. Couldn't have happened to a better person.

Hopefully he proves to be as good a coach as his brother is a pundit!

Got tickets for this game. Woo. :)

unlucky.

People saying Walcott should be replaced by Chamberlain because Walcott has been poor are confusing me as, aside from the Manchester United and Blackburn games that were a while ago now, the Ox has also been poor. Neither deserve to be in the squad.

I would say Oxo hasn't been 'poor' but the overall team has. Both Alex and Theo have outperformed Downing though.

Surprised Dyer's not been given a chance.

nice to see richards back, but i cast doubts on downing, and a bit on fraizer campbell.

looking forward to match :)

Also, heard a few people saying they want Grant Holt to be given a chance - if that's the direction some people want for English football, I'm done

Also, heard a few people saying they want Grant Holt to be given a chance - if that's the direction some people want for English football, I'm done
how about swapping holt for fraizer :p

how about swapping holt for fraizer :p

Although I agree we need another 'type' of striker, perhaps a different option, I don't think a thirty year old bulldozer, who's never had a cap, nor played top-flight football for a year is the right way to go about it.

Danny Graham could have been an option over someone like Holt, or day I say it.... Andy Carroll.

Although I agree we need another 'type' of striker, perhaps a different option, I don't think a thirty year old bulldozer, who's never had a cap, nor played top-flight football for a year is the right way to go about it.

Danny Graham could have been an option over someone like Holt, or day I say it.... Andy Carroll.

i would go with Danny Graham for some reason ;)

but he does have a knack of scoring important goals :)

I'd love to see Holt get a cap just for amusement but then I suppose it depends on how seriously you take your football. It is just a shame we missed out on Steve Morison who declared for Wales. From what I've seen this season, he probably could of caused Mertesacker a few problems in the 2010 world cup. I heard poor Per is still having nightmares.

Funny when Carroll starts playing well he's dropped, but when he's playing badly he's given an unexpected call-up. Hope to God Pearce doesn't decide to play Gerrard or Johno.