England vs Holland: February 29th, Wembley Stadium

Hollands backs are the weakest positions of the squad, the squad i posted is just how i like to see it but van Marwijk will probably go for
Persie

Kuyt Sneijder Robben

Van Bommel Strootman

Erik Pieters/Anita Mathijssen Heitinga Undecided​

I think this means the left side of England will be the most dangerous for Holland because Robben doesnt defend.
Kuyt on the other hand has a lot of energy and he will defend back.
I think if England can control the left wing or Midfield they have a fair chance against Holland.​

We've actually been talking a lot about the English left side, if we can dominate that flank, we can keep Robben quiet and overload your full. Would prefer Baines to Cole, because Robben's trickery is a massive threat.

What is your view on Sneidjer as a Dutch fan? Benniewijs the question is open to you as well.

Funny when Carroll starts playing well he's dropped, but when he's playing badly he's given an unexpected call-up. Hope to God Pearce doesn't decide to play Gerrard or Johno.

Gerrard will play 45 minutes

Although I agree we need another 'type' of striker, perhaps a different option, I don't think a thirty year old bulldozer, who's never had a cap, nor played top-flight football for a year is the right way to go about it.

Danny Graham could have been an option over someone like Holt, or day I say it.... Andy Carroll.

Need a tall, powerful striker with international experience?

Step up Jay Bothroyd.

Funny when Carroll starts playing well he's dropped, but when he's playing badly he's given an unexpected call-up. Hope to God Pearce doesn't decide to play Gerrard or Johno.

Good point actually. Though, couldn't give a **** about England, so it works out.

Good to see benno getting in the u21's again fantastic posh player, his last game for posh tommorow good luck at norwich you were loved for the 2-3 years we had you!

Another casualty. This time Darren Bent. Injured in today's match

This should be a good attacking game I hope :) a draw seems likely to me though tbh!

I agree with most of the squad selection, although some of the inclusions have left me scratching my head! Of course, it is easy to criticise the England manager, but some of these selections are seriously irrational. Yes, we need to experiment and give new players a chance, but that does not mean that we need to pick players who do not deserve it!

I agree with the goalkeepers' selections, although I haven't really seen Scott Carson play recently (I don't watch Turkish football). But he used to be a decent goalkeeper, and we hardly have anyone who is better, at the moment! Anyway, he would probably be the backup or third keeper, so it's not that important!

Without bias, I can safely say that Glen Johnson shouldn't be in the squad, yet he consistently gets a place (probably due to his reputation). We do not need three right backs in the squad, and instead of the third right back we could have an extra centre back.

I personally would take Phil Jagielka, if he isn't injured/unavailable, or pick Steven Taylor. Taylor has been quite good throughout the season, although he hasn't been as brilliant lately, and deserves a place in the squad. Or maybe they could go for more inexperienced players, in the form on Martin Kelly and Nedum Onuoha.

Gareth Barry has been fairly solid for Manchester City recently, but he's not been exceptional. I would like to have seen the likes of Lee Cattermole, Jack Rodwell or Joey Barton given a chance instead of Barry. Jordan Henderson wouldn't be a bad shout either, he is young and talented!

Theo Walcott, Stewart Downing are a duo I would omit, instead replacing them with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Craig Gardner. Gardner has been nothing short of brilliant, recently, for Sunderland! However, Stuart Pearce did say that he didn't pick Oxlade because he didn't want him to play only 10 minutes in the senior team; but 90 minutes in the Under 21's!

I'm fairly happy with the strikers picked, although I would drop Fraizer Campbell and bring in Gabby Agbonlahor, who is a quick and clinical forward. Aston Villa haven't been setting the world alight recently, but Gabby has been fairly consistent in his play and is better than Fraizer Campbell, in my opinion.

The last thing we need to do is to play negatively, I think Stuart Pearce should experiment because he doesn't really risk losing his job (he's currently really only there for the short term) and we are already in the Euro's. I would go for a 'Barcelona 4-3-3', personally, as we can play brilliant in a 4-3-3 formation!

- PZW

I agree on Carrick.. Think he deserves to be in the squad. Better than Barry and Milner this season.

Well then that's Gerrard retired from internationals after the summer, then!

I agree on Carrick.. Think he deserves to be in the squad. Better than Barry and Milner this season.

Agreed, thing is, i can now see Gerrard at CM, which a) he isnt particularly good and b) robs us of his excellence as an AMC.

Well then that's Gerrard retired from internationals after the summer, then!

I always expected him to retire after 2012 tbh. At the point where he physically cannot go 100% at both. It will be a loss, but at some point he will have to prioritise. I'll be surprised if he doesnt.

Agreed, thing is, i can now see Gerrard at CM, which a) he isnt particularly good and b) robs us of his excellence as an AMC.

Well with Rooney ill, Bent injured and no experienced strikers left in he squad I expect Gerrard to play AMC. But at Euro's I would imagine he will be playing deeper.. Which is a shame but I'd rather have him play there than not at all.

Well with Rooney ill, Bent injured and no experienced strikers left in he squad I expect Gerrard to play AMC. But at Euro's I would imagine he will be playing deeper.. Which is a shame but I'd rather have him play there than not at all.

I think its a waste at the Euros as well, firstly if fit and on form he should be the de facto replacement at AMC for Rooney for the first two. Even after, the movement of them as a pair is enough to occupy defenders and create masses of space, and thats not even factoring their own attacking prowess. I think at MC it leaves us exposed, unless its a 4-3-3 (which im not too fond of tbh). But we'll see. Been a long time since he was in an england shirt, hoping for a good game from him

I really am excited to see how Danny Welbeck does tonight, he is a very clever player, good pace, excellent movement, keen eye for goal as well.

If I had any concerns for tonight's game it would probably be the Smalling & Jones partnership, the potential is definitely there do not get me wrong, but I feel they have not quite got it right yet and they struggled against Ajax. They could struggle tonight against Holland, but they are both individually very promising players. Someone earlier said that they panic when Smalling is on the ball, personally I think he is brilliant for a defender with ball at feet.

ashley young is playing bluerrgggg cahill blurgggggg baines yipeeee

England Team to face Holland. Hart Richards Smalling Cahill Baines Parker Barry A Johnson Young Gerrard Wellbeck #talksport