England vs Hungary Match Thread ITV 19:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0k3r

Reaction score
England boss Fabio Capello has called up the uncapped trio of Jack Wilshere, Kieran Gibbs and Bobby Zamora for the friendly against Hungary on Wednesday.

Fabio Capello has named a 23-man squad to face Hungary at Wembley.

Fabio Capello has called upon three players for the first time as he names his first squad since the World Cup.

Arsenal pairing Jack Wilshere and Kieran Gibbs are included, as is Fulham forward Bobby Zamora.

Theo Walcott and Adam Johnson are both recalled having been included in the provisional 30-man squad but then were not involved for the World Cup.

Squad in full

*Ben Foster (Birmingham)- OUT*, Joe Hart (Manchester City), *Paul Robinson (Blackburn Rovers) - Retired * - Scott Loach and Blackburn's Frankie Fielding brought in

*Wes Brown (Manchester United) - Retired*, Gary Cahill (Bolton Wanderers), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Michael Dawson (Tottenham Hotspur), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), John Terry (Chelsea)

Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Aston Villa), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

*Darren Bent (Sunderland) - OUT*, Carlton Cole (West Ham United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Bobby Zamora (Fulham)

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
It a good side i hope he plays the young lads i think they will do well.

Very happy about his decision to call up some young players.

nice squad. also nice not to see all the regulars

Dont see a point in playing lampard, gerrard, barry, A.cole and terry tbh. even rooney on that list, what will he learn about all of them in this friendly, much rather see players like Huddlestone, gabby, onucha ect ect, to give them a chance, even young fringpong from arsenal, to make sure he is committed to england.

From the World Cup 23 David James, Joe Cole, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe and Shaun Wright-Phillips are all left out, while Emile Heskey has announced his retirement from international football.

Dont see a point in playing lampard, gerrard, barry, A.cole and terry tbh. even rooney on that list, what will he learn about all of them in this friendly, much rather see players like Huddlestone, gabby, onucha ect ect, to give them a chance, even young fringpong from arsenal, to make sure he is committed to england.

You do still need some experience, can't just play a team full of kids.

You do still need some experience, can't just play a team full of kids.

but players like Parker, Huddlestone arent really kids, they have played in big prem ties, and in parkers case a champs league for chelsea. surely a friendly against hungary cant faze him.

am glad to see Fabio is giving some of the youngsters a chance too play with the big names although i would suggest not playing them (the starts) as id rather see a young england team perform. not to sure about bobby zamora a must admit, one good season and he is internation quality? id of prefered gabby given another shot.

Gutted Hudds was left out. Very surprised by that, as I thought he'd be a sure bet. I think he should have been in ahead of Barry or Lampard really.

Status
Not open for further replies.